Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Turn; Washington's Spies

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Turn; Washington's Spies
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »
SIAP...wait, no I'm not.  Don't care, despite what the sign says.  Had been seeing tons of previews for this leading up to the second season?  Haven't seen any others.  First off, love well done movies/shows about that time period and war.  The Patriot is one of my top 10's before Mel went nuttzo.  Everything about this looked top shelf but I have a couple of gripes.  First off, and this is my fault, I had a little trouble figuring out who was who. I may get around to checking out the first 10 episodes but not if I can sort out the characters and their motives/allegiances at this point. Second, they've apparently stressed getting the characters to go with very authentic accents from the time.  Honestly, I miss a good bit of what they're saying.

Anyone check out the first season?  Is it worth watching?  The first episode of this season did make me want to follow up next week and give it a shot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Turn; Washington's Spies
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »
I watched it. Very good series - go catch up. You won't be disappointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:59:05 AM »
I watched it. Very good series - go catch up. You won't be disappointed.

Will do.  Preesh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:39:03 PM »
I watched the first episode and then got sidetracked and missed a few.  They ran a marathon a couple of months back, and I spent an entire Saturday kicked back in the recliner catching up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
Please tell me it's better than that piece of shit Sam Adams that the History channel put out? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
Please tell me it's better than that piece of shit Sam Adams that the History channel put out?
Very much so.

The Sam Adams show lost me when he started hopping roof to roof like Batman to escape the British. The real life Adams was in his 50s when all that went down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions