Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bosch

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Bosch
« on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:58 AM »
Another TV series I have fallen in love with - based on the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly. The lead actor is Titus Welliver (Jimmy on Sons of Anarchy) and he does an amazing job. Harry is gritty, worn down, and tired of putting up with LAPD political shit that gets in the way of him doing his fucking job - solving homicides. The books are amazing, the show equally good.

The shows are only available on Amazon Prime unless you can get the convict formerly known as Chizad to steal them for you.

Don't believe me?  Uncle Sani is also on the Bosch train. That's two series I've hooked him on to the one he's gotten me into, but since that one was Firefly, he still wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Bosch
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »
Another TV series I have fallen in love with - based on the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly. The lead actor is Titus Welliver (Jimmy on Sons of Anarchy) and he does an amazing job. Harry is gritty, worn down, and tired of putting up with LAPD political shit that gets in the way of him doing his fucking job - solving homicides. The books are amazing, the show equally good.

The shows are only available on Amazon Prime unless you can get the convict formerly known as Chizad to steal them for you.

Don't believe me?  Uncle Sani is also on the Bosch train. That's two series I've hooked him on to the one he's gotten me into, but since that one was Firefly, he still wins.
Will definitely check it out. And piggy backing Prime is not stealing...it's creative viewing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
Finished watching it yesterday.  Time to move on to the books.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:50 AM »
I use the belt sander. Quality product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »
I use the belt sander. Quality product.
There's danger involved with power tools you feeble old assed man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »
His O2 sensors are shit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 09:35:10 AM »
Eh...I'm 5 eps in and it's just not bowling me over.

The "crusty, iconoclastic detective" character is a bit too trite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »

Yea, if you are not feeling it by now than you probably won't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »

If you had read the books first, you maybe would understand why he is the way he is.  In the books, Harry is a Vietnam vet, a tunnel rat (a guy who would take a gun and go into the VC tunnels and kill any he found in close quarters).  He's kind of fucked up. In the books, his age means he isn't computer savvy or cell phone savvy, just out to get justice for any victim.  His mantra is "Everyone counts, or no one counts." A lot of it has to do with his mom and growing up a foster kid. 

The show made him an Iraqi war vet, which was necessary for making it a modern day show, but that took away some of the nuances that makes him such a great character on paper.  Even in the books, life is passing him by, and he knows it.  He's getting close to mandatory retirement and has no idea what he's going to do with himself.

I prefer the books to the show, but I am still enjoying it a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:58 AM »
If you had read the books first, you maybe would understand why he is the way he is.  In the books, Harry is a Vietnam vet, a tunnel rat (a guy who would take a gun and go into the VC tunnels and kill any he found in close quarters).  He's kind of fucked up. In the books, his age means he isn't computer savvy or cell phone savvy, just out to get justice for any victim.  His mantra is "Everyone counts, or no one counts." A lot of it has to do with his mom and growing up a foster kid. 

The show made him an Iraqi war vet, which was necessary for making it a modern day show, but that took away some of the nuances that makes him such a great character on paper.  Even in the books, life is passing him by, and he knows it.  He's getting close to mandatory retirement and has no idea what he's going to do with himself.

I prefer the books to the show, but I am still enjoying it a lot.

Fair enough.

Probably won't read the books either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »

Still can't believe you don't like BSG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
Still can't believe you don't like BSG.

Overactory McDucklips just didn't do it for me as Starbuck.  Love her as Vic on Longmire tho.  And super nice in person.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »

I'm fucking over cop shows in general.  Besides everything is shite compared to TJ Hooker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »
I'm fucking over cop shows in general.  Besides everything is shite compared to TJ Hooker.
Do you not consider Rockford Files a cop show? If not, I'm ok with what you said. But, if Rockford Files is a cop show in your book and you think it's shit, then I want to punch you in the face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
Do you not consider Rockford Files a cop show? If not, I'm ok with what you said. But, if Rockford Files is a cop show in your book and you think it's shit, then I want to punch you in the face.
Rockford was a dick.
I think TJ Hooker was one of the last series made where nobody dies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »
Rockford was a dick.
I think TJ Hooker was one of the last series made where nobody dies.
You just made the list, buddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
What? Am I the only one that replaces his own O2 sensors?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:02 PM »

Hunter would have fucked them up.

That ugly green ass car was badass. Just slap a makeshift strobe/siren on top of it when it's go time and the damn thing was like a vette.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
I'm fucking over cop shows in general.

You lie your flat screen on the ground, stream cop shows on it, and fuck above it?

Sexy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »
You lie your flat screen on the ground, stream cop shows on it, and fuck above it?

Sexy.

220-225 whatever it takes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum