Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

McCain Picks Woman To Be VP

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
McCain Picks Woman To Be VP
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:49 AM »
Fox news is confirming that Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska, will be his VP pick.  What say you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_mccain_veepstakes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: McCain Picks Woman To Be VP
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »
My initial reaction is that it's a dumb mistake that could cost him the election.  She's younger than The Obama, and she's relatively unknown.  My concern is that this is a political ploy to sway a portion of the disenfranchised Hillary supporters.  Yesterday's rumor was Romney based on an earbud wearing security team that appeared with him everywhere he went.  I hope this is just another stupid rumor... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:24:43 AM »
From what I know of her so far I love this pick. She is a tough chick. 5 kids and still rose to be governor of her state. Got pissed at the governor and resigned to run against him and beat him. Has attacked corruption and pork barrel spending. Played hockey. Damn good looking, miss alaska runner-up.

If she is as good as she looks initially I think McCain may have hit a home run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »
My initial reaction is how can McCain pick a woman that has only been governor, of Alaska for that matter, for only 2 years. This is a person that has to be ready to be President of the United States if God forbid something happen to the president.

Then I started reading about her and some of her history and think he may have picked a good one. I will have to wait and read more about her and find our what she is really about before making an overall opinion.

I also think McCain could have picked a chimpanzee and he would have still gotten my vote...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »
She has as much experience as Governor as The One has as Senator. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »
The entire bunch of the Hitler Hillary supporters are about to jump off the Dem's sinking ship. Hussein can start the bus. It is OVER! 

Loving it!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:34:59 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »
She has as much experience as Governor as The One has as Senator. 

Well, I'd put any Governor way ahead of any Senator.  Governors tend to be stronger leaders.  Senators manage, lead and make decisions based on committees, sing-alongs and sleep-overs.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
CNN (Communist News Network) has already started bashing her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »
Well, I'd put any Governor way ahead of any Senator.  Governors tend to be stronger leaders.  Senators manage, lead and make decisions based on committees, sing-alongs and sleep-overs.  

Well said!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
I've got to admit that she's fairly impressive.  I didn't know much about her, but after reading and watching various things on the intrawebs, she might just be the secret weapon that McCain needs.  The next few months will be interesting.  I hope that she prove's to be the bulldog that she appears to be.

By the way, I just caught McCain's little tag line message, Country First.  It really hasn't received much recognition, and I haven't even paid any attention to it until now.  You have to admit; it's a lot stronger than what we've been hearing out of the Democrats.  The Democrats always seem to be about "me, me, me", "I want more" and "what do I get", and this is a direct attack on that.  You could argue that the concepts of "Change" and "Hope" are essentially the same, but in reality, they're just representative of the worthless feelings and emotions that appeal to Liberalism. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
Just watched her speech and she seems pretty impressive.  I think the Obamaites are a little stunned, they were supposed to have a campaign spokesman on Fox to comment on the speech and he didn't even show up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:55:04 PM »
Impressive, yes, even in 1984 as a beauty queen:

And her eldest daughter ain't half bad either (on the far right)

But anyway, back to the politics, and the US making history of either electing the first woman to the Vice Presidency, or the first "African American" to the presidency...yadayadayada.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »
Thrilla,

I only see red X's

I need pictures
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »
The entire bunch of the Hitler Hillary supporters are about to jump off the Dem's sinking ship. Hussein can start the bus. It is OVER! 

Loving it!

Dude,
After your assigning of the RACIST TERM REMOVED BY MODS and "Joe Blow" to the "one" and biden, I just have to say, you owe me a damn keyboard.....WIRELESS.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:03:11 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Thrilla

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
Thrilla,

I only see red X's

I need pictures

fuckin' red x's i hate them all
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
As stated on the concourse:  We need to add this woman to the tag or bag tourney.  Pretty hot if you ask me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
Her oldest son leaves for Iraq on September 11th.  Her newest child is 5 mos old and has Down's Syndrome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
Her oldest son leaves for Iraq on September 11th.  Her newest child is 5 mos old and has Down's Syndrome.

<Insert Debbie Downer Music>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »
<Insert Debbie Downer Music>

No - I think both of those items reflect her political views.  She is pro-life (pregnancy termination was never an option even tho they knew before the baby was born that it had problems).  She will be supportive of the military.

She is also an avid hunter and a lifelong NRA member.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
No - I think both of those items reflect her political views.  She is pro-life (pregnancy termination was never an option even tho they knew before the baby was born that it had problems).  She will be supportive of the military.

She is also an avid hunter and a lifelong NRA member.

<Insert Super Mario Brothers 1UP Sound>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions