Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

3D Recommendation

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
3D Recommendation
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
Just an observation.  3D has been the big thing at the theaters in recent years and to be honest, I've yet to go to a movie where I thought the 3D experience was anything more than having to wear those dumbass, bulky glasses.  Never seen a movie where 3D did anything to enhance it, at least not to make it worthwhile.  We took mini to Universal Studios Friday, mainly because he loves him some Harry Potter.  He's read the 7 book series 3 times. 

Anywho, after doing all the HP stuff, we hit some other rides, including the Transformers ride.  Long wait, herded like cattle for 45 minutes.  I didn't pay much attention and thought it was some kind of indoor roller coaster.  We finally get up to the ride and you had to pick up some 3D glasses.  Great.  All that wait and it's going to be some lame 3D movie ride. 

Holy schnikies!!!

That was badass.  You're really not doing anything but riding in an open "car" moving from one area of the building to another, like going into a 3D simulator with a different Transformers fight scene going on. The car shakes and bumps to go along with the scene and you get heat from the blasts and wind when you're moving. At two points, you take off through the city at what seems like 500 m.p.h.. one ending with you going over a 40 story building and heading straight down to the pavement.  I honestly would have crapped my pants if my sphincter didn't have everything closed up so tight.

There's so much incredible stuff at all those parks.  I'd just recommend making sure you hit that ride if you ever do Universal.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: 3D Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »
Too long. Did not read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Just an observation.  3D has been the big thing at the theaters in recent years and to be honest, I've yet to go to a movie where I thought the 3D experience was anything more than having to wear those dumbass, bulky glasses.  Never seen a movie where 3D did anything to enhance it, at least not to make it worthwhile.  We took mini to Universal Studios Friday, mainly because he loves him some Harry Potter.  He's read the 7 book series 3 times. 

Anywho, after doing all the HP stuff, we hit some other rides, including the Transformers ride.  Long wait, herded like cattle for 45 minutes.  I didn't pay much attention and thought it was some kind of indoor roller coaster.  We finally get up to the ride and you had to pick up some 3D glasses.  Great.  All that wait and it's going to be some lame 3D movie ride. 

Holy schnikies!!!

That was badass.  You're really not doing anything but riding in an open "car" moving from one area of the building to another, like going into a 3D simulator with a different Transformers fight scene going on. The car shakes and bumps to go along with the scene and you get heat from the blasts and wind when you're moving. At two points, you take off through the city at what seems like 500 m.p.h.. one ending with you going over a 40 story building and heading straight down to the pavement.  I honestly would have crapped my pants if my sphincter didn't have everything closed up so tight.

There's so much incredible stuff at all those parks.  I'd just recommend making sure you hit that ride if you ever do Universal.   

Last time I was at universal was 2 years ago.  Best ride they had was rip city rocket, by far.  Actual roller coaster.  But, a close second was the 3D spiderman ride.  That was a badass ride.  I HATE Disney World, but I'd be willing to go back for Universal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »
Last time I was at universal was 2 years ago.  Best ride they had was rip city rocket, by far.  Actual roller coaster.  But, a close second was the 3D spiderman ride.  That was a badass ride.  I HATE Disney World, but I'd be willing to go back for Universal.

I like all the parks but I just get worn out with the cattle herding at every single thing you do.  I know it's the only way to accommodate that many people but it gets old quick. Hey, let's get a burger.  Okay but first, we have to spend 30 minutes walking around in this maze with 300 other peeps...from China....and Russia....and Japan.  Overall though, those places are all pretty amazing with how well they handle that many people with that amount of efficiency.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »
I like all the parks but I just get worn out with the cattle herding at every single thing you do.  I know it's the only way to accommodate that many people but it gets old quick. Hey, let's get a burger.  Okay but first, we have to spend 30 minutes walking around in this maze with 300 other peeps...from China....and Russia....and Japan.  Overall though, those places are all pretty amazing with how well they handle that many people with that amount of efficiency.

It was a LOT worse at Magic kingdom.  Aside from the 9 hour ride, I'd love to go back to Universal.  But FUCK Walt. Fuck him right in the pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:17:11 PM »
The Star Tours ride at Disney is similar - you wear the glasses and sit in a room that moves and shakes with the video.  This ride utilized very familiar scenes from the Star Wars movies, like the jump to light speed in the Milinium Falcon or the pod races through the Tatooine desert. Holy shit. That was a freaking RUSH. You were fully immersed in the experience and the Lucasfilm videos were of course the highest quality.

There are also 43 different combinations of scenarios, so we rode it three times back to back and never got the same ride twice.

Totally worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
The Star Tours ride at Disney is similar - you wear the glasses and sit in a room that moves and shakes with the video.  This ride utilized very familiar scenes from the Star Wars movies, like the jump to light speed in the Milinium Falcon or the pod races through the Tatooine desert. Holy shit. That was a freaking RUSH. You were fully immersed in the experience and the Lucasfilm videos were of course the highest quality.

There are also 43 different combinations of scenarios, so we rode it three times back to back and never got the same ride twice.

Totally worth it.

I almost puked on that thing and felt queasy for 5 hours after riding it. I'm sure it was cool, but never again...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
I almost puked on that thing and felt queasy for 5 hours after riding it. I'm sure it was cool, but never again...

Buzz says the same thing about the Mead...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »
I used to never get motion sickness but I'm to the point now that I can't even ride horses, which was one of my favorite past times. The last time I rode was a year ago and I got so sick I couldn't get off the horse by myself. Luckily, the manager of Big Lots spotted me and unplugged the horsey and helped me back to my car.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 10:09:37 PM »
I used to never get motion sickness but I'm to the point now that I can't even ride horses, which was one of my favorite past times. The last time I rode was a year ago and I got so sick I couldn't get off the horse by myself. Luckily, the manager of Big Lots spotted me and unplugged the horsey and helped me back to my car.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/article/581/the-importance-of-quality-over-quantity/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »
http://www.businessdictionary.com/article/581/the-importance-of-quality-over-quantity/
Excellent article. I do not mind helping you re: the quality aspect but keep in mind that I can only do so much, realistically. Don't expect to come out if the gate at my quality level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09:53 AM »
When I clicked on this to see who Liked this, I found an incredible example of irony. I can't wait to see Buzz at an xgate sometime. And I really hope I get pulled over by the other racist mofo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
Harry Potter is the debil!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
When I clicked on this to see who Liked this, I found an incredible example of irony. I can't wait to see Buzz at an xgate sometime. And I really hope I get pulled over by the other racist mofo.

With bells on, frien
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
Put these glasses on cause' I'ma beat dat ass in 3D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
With bells on, frien
I will be waiting. With my shirt off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions