Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WT's Boyee Gettin' Paid

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
WT's Boyee Gettin' Paid
« on: February 13, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »
From Auburn-Opelika News and dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of al.  Hey WT, isn't this the guy you told me about?  Do you really run with the big dogs or have you just been stalking him?  New Auburn High Foosballz Coach makin'....say whaaaaat?

Thompson football coach Mark Freeman likely won't mind the news that former Fairhope coach Adam Winegarden was hired to lead the Auburn football program this week. According to reports, Winegarden will receive a salary of $123,000 annually at Auburn.

That means the distinction of being the highest-paid high school football coach in Alabama no longer belongs to Freeman. When Freeman was hired away from Spanish Fort by Thompson in December, he was paid $1,000 more annually than Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd.

Freeman held the title as the state's highest-paid coach for less than two months and without even having a single spring practice in Alabaster. Floyd was hired by the Huskies back in June and his salary rate raised the bar for high school football coaches in Alabama by some $12,000 per year.

It also means the highest-paid coach in Alabama no longer competes and resides in the Birmingham metro area. The three previous highest-paid high school football coaches in Alabama had been from the Metro area.

According to specifics first reported by the Auburn-Opelika News, Winegarden will receive a $91,000 base salary as director of football operations and a $32,000 coaching supplement. The director of football operations title means that he'll oversee the system's entire football programs from the middle school to the varsity level.

When AL.com surveyed the salaries of football coaches all across Alabama last spring and summer, Winegarden was found to have been making a total of $80,606. He was the highest-paid high school football coach at a public school in Baldwin County.

That equated to $70,770 as a teacher at Fairhope plus an additional $9,837 as a supplement for being the head football coach. His new position included no teaching duties and it equates to a raise of approximately $42,394 from what he had been making after three years leading the Pirates.

Winegarden's teams went 28-8 at Fairhope. His teams made the playoffs each season. Carver-Montgomery beat his Pirates twice in the second round. The only playoff setback also came in the second round to Foley.

This year’s Fairhope team went 10-0 in the regular season, winning the Region 1 championship in the first season of Class 7A football. The Pirates beat Jeff Davis 23-14 in the first round before losing to Foley 34-7 in the second round to finish 11-1.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: WT's Boyee Gettin' Paid
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »
I have heard and read comments and they've both caught hell about how much they are getting paid to coach foosball. Like, they should say, "Oh no, I couldn't possibly accept that much money to coach your team."

Both are excellent coaches. I understand that people may think it's too much money for coaching HS but big HS programs are pretty damn close to small colleges. And it's the business of the school district how much they want to pay, imo. A lot of the money apparently comes from booster clubs and local funds, so it's not like it would go to a failing school unless someone donated it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »
$123,000 annually to coach HS football.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 03:24:57 PM »
A lot of the money apparently comes from booster clubs and local funds, so it's not like it would go to a failing school unless someone donated it.

I hear that Nipsey Russell has been selling peanut brittle to raise funds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 03:38:19 PM »
Freeman has a shitload more to overcome at Thompson than the new guy at Auburn.  I wonder how long it will be til they break the $200K mark for HS coaches?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »
$123,000 annually to coach HS football.....

Excuse me. This man is taking on the very challenging position of Middle School Football Operations Manager by sacrificing his life's work that was TEACHING.

Some of the finest licensed drivers this state has ever known have come out of Fairhope High and Winegarden deserves just compensation for his accolades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions