Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are you McLovin it?

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Are you McLovin it?
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »
So here's the new McDonald's promo alluded to last night during the SB:

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) - You may not need your wallet to pay for your next meal at McDonald's.

Starting Monday and running through Valentine's Day -- some McDonald's customers will have the opportunity to pay for their meals by performing various 'acts of love'.

For example -- instead of paying for a Big Mac -- you may be asked to call your mom and tell her that you love her.

Lunch may require you to hug someone -- and you may be asked to dance for your dinner.

The campaign is outlined in a new commercial that aired during the Super Bowl.  The ad made a "winners" list put together by the Associated Press.

McDonald's has been seeking to increase sales as it has seen a slump over recent quarters.

UPDATE:

McDonald's is treating the promotion as a contest. It has posted rules on its website.  On most days, five or fewer people per location will get their meal for free.

So - just for the fun of the game, let's assume that you would actually eat at McDonald's.  Say that you were on a trip somewhere and this was literally the only place to eat and you are starving.  And the thing popped up where you could do some act of love and get your meal for free?

Do you do it?  Or does some hapless McDonald's employee get the "Hell no, just give me my damn food." treatment?

As for me?  It's Option B.  I would rather pay the $5 for two tiny burgers no onions, small fries and a bottle of water than have some stupid video of me doing some stupid shit go viral on the Internet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Are you McLovin it?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
Well, if it meant hugging the hot girl with major league yabo's standing next to me, I'm gettin' a free Happy Meal.

And BTW, I lived half my college career on Quarter Pounders w/cheese, large fries and medium cokes.  The other half was next door at Wendy's for a Double w/cheese, mayo, ketchup and mustard, large fries and medium coke.

It was all about nutrition in my day.  That set the foundation for how I wound up with the ripped and tone body I have today.  That and CVD pizzas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
So here's the new McDonald's promo alluded to last night during the SB:

So - just for the fun of the game, let's assume that you would actually eat at McDonald's.  Say that you were on a trip somewhere and this was literally the only place to eat and you are starving.  And the thing popped up where you could do some act of love and get your meal for free?

Do you do it?  Or does some hapless McDonald's employee get the "Hell no, just give me my damn food." treatment?

As for me?  It's Option B.  I would rather pay the $5 for two tiny burgers no onions, small fries and a bottle of water than have some stupid video of me doing some stupid shit go viral on the Internet.

I would say spending $5.00 and McDonald's and not getting your onions is, well.............
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
And BTW, I lived half my college career on Quarter Pounders w/cheese, large fries and medium cokes.  The other half was next door at Wendy's for a Double w/cheese, mayo, ketchup and mustard, large fries and medium coke.

I find it sad that you spent 100% of your time eating Wendy's and McDonalds when there were .99 Chicken Italians from Findley's, Brand X Pizza, and Guthrie's near by.  Not to mention cheap ass grilled cheese sandwiches from the Flush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
I find it sad that you spent 100% of your time eating Wendy's and McDonalds when there were .99 Chicken Italians from Findley's, Brand X Pizza, and Guthrie's near by.  Not to mention cheap ass grilled cheese sandwiches from the Flush.

In 1978?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »

And BTW, I lived half my college career on Quarter Pounders w/cheese...

I thought you were talking about the Alpha Gams, Snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »

I would twerk on camera for a 99 cent Chicken Italian.

And Brand X Pizza's number was 334-826-2600.  I'd give my name and they'd go "Oh hey!! The usual?"

I was a Tenda Chik girl instead of Guthries. Crinkle cut fries win out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 10:01:44 PM »

I would go there on my lunch break from Turtles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
In 1978?
I didn't know that there were restaurants in Auburn then. Didn't everyone carry their books with a leather strap wrapped around them and everyone was in one classroom, like on the Walton's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 10:05:08 AM »
I didn't know that there were restaurants in Auburn then. Didn't everyone carry their books with a leather strap wrapped around them and everyone was in one classroom, like on the Walton's?

We had a wood burning stove in the middle of the room.  I also got to wipe down the chalk board and dust the erasers for a whole semester.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
We had a wood burning stove in the middle of the room.  I also got to wipe down the chalk board and dust the erasers for a whole semester.
:bs:
WTF, semester?  Are we going to have to call you runs-with-snaggles?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
I would twerk on camera for a 99 cent Chicken Italian.

And Brand X Pizza's number was 334-826-2600.  I'd give my name and they'd go "Oh hey!! The usual?"

Is Tenda Chick good?  Always thought about trying it but Guthries is next door and I always go there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Either the quarters were so long that they were actually as long as a semester today or Snags is a complete enigma. I'll bet his name isn't really even Snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure East Alabama Male College was on the semester system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
Is Tenda Chick good?  Always thought about trying it but Guthries is next door and I always go there.

Oh, child. Take Momma's advice and hit up some TC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:24 AM »
The attendant at a local Mc Ds.comped me a free meal at 2PM on Manday. Just a promotional according to her, no idiocy required. Honestly try to avoid the place but sometimes it is just there and that convenient for filler until dinnertime comes around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »
Same here. I needed breakfast yesterday and as there are no vegan, free range, organic coffee shops nearby, who could prepare my usual commune-farmed herbivore medley wrap... or a Hardees, I settled for McD's. I did have to call the skirt for a quick ILY though.

I had to call her immediately afterward as well, to clarify that quick outburst wasn't because I was standing on a bridge about to jump or anything, but I got my free damn biscuit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure East Alabama Male College was on the semester system.

Since 2000 anyway. And then....wait I see what you did there biceps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »

??? So you liked Guthries fries better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:32 AM »
??? So you liked Guthries fries better?

No.  Tenda Chik had crinkle cut fries.  The one in Montgomery doesn't serve them anymore - don't know about the one in Auburn, but they did back in the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions