Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Announcing Tonight

jmar

Re: Announcing Tonight
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
Just a word to the wise - I quit following recruiting a few years ago.  Every now and then I'll see something interesting pop up on Facebook or sometimes on here, but for the most part, I couldn't tell you anything about any of the players or anything about the potential commits, decommits, flips, signees, and heinies.  I'm much, much happier for it.  No more "busts" or diamonds in the rough and definitely no more Bama-party Februaries.
Yeah I'm generally disappointed after the build-up each year and this season is no different. It doesn't leave one confident when two of our principal targets (Cowart and Beckner) were asked after last months All-American game to claim their schools of interest. Both responded to the question followed by maybe "squeezing Auburn in," almost as an afterthought.

I probably spend half as much time with it although I have been particularly interested in our defensive tackle prospects which IMO will make or break our run defense. Not looking overly favorable at this point.

Never subscribed to Rivals BTW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 11:19:20 AM »
You guys don't really need to waste money on Rivals. As long as I play a big role and am  part of the inner circle of AU athletics, I don't mind letting you know what I can. Just keep it down home, cuz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
You guys don't really need to waste money on Rivals. As long as I play a big role and am  part of the inner circle of AU athletics, I don't mind letting you know what I can. Just keep it down home, cuz.
You cheap bastards need to cough up some more cash then if our team's gonna fly. No core on defense = zero championships. Carry on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 12:08:05 PM »
You cheap bastards need to cough up some more cash then if our team's gonna fly. No core on defense = zero championships. Carry on!
srsly, DL us obviously a concern in this class and pass rush last season. The JUCO kid and Johnson need to be hits and not misses. Not 5 stars but I'm assuming good players based on offer list.

Also, I believe we close with 1 or 2 more good gets on DL. Will be disappointed if we don't get Holland and Cowart but regardless, we mainly just need a big body to mold if we don't land one of the guys that are ready for SEC play this year.

Lawson and Daniels level if play are unknowns but I expect them to do well.

I'm ready for Wednesday and my bag is full of cash. I'm ready to empty it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
srsly, DL us obviously a concern in this class and pass rush last season. The JUCO kid and Johnson need to be hits and not misses. Not 5 stars but I'm assuming good players based on offer list.

Also, I believe we close with 1 or 2 more good gets on DL. Will be disappointed if we don't get Holland and Cowart but regardless, we mainly just need a big body to mold if we don't land one of the guys that are ready for SEC play this year.

Lawson and Daniels level if play are unknowns but I expect them to do well.

I'm ready for Wednesday and my bag is full of cash. I'm ready to empty it.
Don't have to have Thompson, Beckner or a Mack but we need a few that can jam up the middle against teams that traditionally gash us inside...ie. UGA. Rush ends are great getting after QBs but without interior help they will be ineffective for having to chase streaking backs downfield or getting clowned outside by swing/screen passes. Not telling any well informed Xer a damn thing here, especially a bonafied, esteemed judge of talent as yourself.
Have read that this Super Bowl contains no past high school 5*s.
I'm simply saying we needed help that gained some experience last year, at least a couple that could provide depth while they learn to be quality players.
We supplemented the shortages with JUCOs  which was good for a quick fix but it doesn't hide the numbers we have missed on at CB and even worse the underdeveloped and unused numbers Malzahn keeps bringing in at WR.
That's right...I'm criticizing the Head Coach for his recruiting shortcomings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions