Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Speaking of Shady Recruiting

Speaking of Shady Recruiting
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
Just read that LSU of all schools has a signed LOI from the #1 high school player in the world Ben Simmons. 

Ben Simmons is regarded by some as the best prospect since Lebron. 

He's an Australian player though.  And for some reason, he is going to play at LSU instead of Kentucky, Kansas, or Duke. 

His godfather is an assistant coach at LSU. 

I just don't see why he would sign there.  Basketball is different than football in recruiting when it comes to the top players.  Top players sign with schools that put them in the NBA.  LSU is not a guaranteed NBA school like Kentucky. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Speaking of Shady Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
Just read that LSU of all schools has a signed LOI from the #1 high school player in the world Ben Simmons. 

He's an Australian player though.  And for some reason, he is going to play at LSU instead of Kentucky, Kansas, or Duke. 

I just don't see why he would sign there.  Basketball is different than football in recruiting when it comes to the top players.  Top players sign with schools that put them in the NBA.  LSU is not a guaranteed NBA school like Kentucky.

Highest paid assistant coach now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »

Highest paid assistant coach now?

Probably signed on as business partner with a car dealership.  Cars are built and sold in Indonesia for $200k a piece.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »

Or hire his dad to be coach a la Pete Maravich or Allan Houston
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »

Lifetime SUPPLY, bitches.

Any questions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »
Lifetime SUPPLY, bitches.

Any questions?
My fleshlight is bigger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »

Yeah, but Shaq + Pistol Pete > Jamal Mashburn + Rajon Rondo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE