Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn vs. Wisconsin - Outback Bowl Game Thread

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Auburn vs. Wisconsin - Outback Bowl Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
Re: the o.t. play calling, we seem to all agree that it was horrific. I wonder why? Maybe too much of a reliance/belief on/in our kicker? My guess is that there is too much of the "take what they give us" mindset and not enough of taking what we want. I would've probably given the ball to Cap every time. No imagination, I know.

My biggest gripe about that throw-back was that it went to the short side of the field AND gave the kicker an awkward angle.

Run that play to the other side and, even if it's stuffed, your right-legged kicker doesn't have to kick from the left side of the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
I'm disappointed as we all are but what burns the most is what CCTAU accurately pointed out during the Kansas State game with Nick Marshall. And I'm not sure that a few others weren't playing in the same guarded way at various times through the season.

Wow. Somebody actually heard the old man.

I watched GT/MSU and saw Justin Thomas(PHS) run the option like NM did last season.

I didn't see him tiptoe, save himself, or look to be a passer. I saw an option QB playing his heart out to win.

I don't think JT is near the QB that NM is, but he did play with a different attitude.

That is the type of play I expected from NM this season.

I'm not sure what happened, but it cost us wins. While NM did have a good season, the te suffered losses because of our refusal to run the option!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Wow. Somebody actually heard the old man.

I watched GT/MSU and saw Justin Thomas(PHS) run the option like NM did last season.

I didn't see him tiptoe, save himself, or look to be a passer. I saw an option QB playing his heart out to win.

I don't think JT is near the QB that NM is, but he did play with a different attitude.

That is the type of play I expected from NM this season.

I'm not sure what happened, but it cost us wins. While NM did have a good season, the te suffered losses because of our refusal to run the option!
{[fmr. veer QB}
Hard to admit but when you watch it is very evident. This also hurt CAP's output (and our other backs as well) because he misreads at mesh by making a premeditated read not based on the defender's aggression. Nick absolutely circled under shield blocks to the sideline when he would have extended the gain by as much as 3-5 or so in 2013. And by virtue of avoiding contact he often put himself at greater risk of injury in forward progress pile-ups that misread created. This also would prompt him to make curious audibles at the line of scrimmage or operate at a slower pace if he were gassed from a previous run rather than go with what was working. Not sure if he was given that levity but it's almost a certainty coming off his success in 2013. Our play choices were often fucked-up without NM's manipulation.

The luster is off for me. I'm now an interested observer on the bus but there are coordinators and there are head coaches and we reverted back to piss poor everything from lack of discipline (unnecessary fouls) to plain old quit and it falls on Gus. I'm hoping WM will help ensure we don't see this again. If it's too big for him he now has effective back-up so now we have quality depth. WDE!   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Hindsight is 50/50 but my biggest regret is than Marshall never joined the x. He would have benefitted greatly from the tutelage of CCTAU and jmar.

They may have turned him into a serviceable qb. But, we are left to wonder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Hindsight is 50/50 but my biggest regret is than Marshall never joined the x. He would have benefitted greatly from the tutelage of CCTAU and jmar.

I'm a fan which also qualifies me to critique whatever the girls are wearing at the Grove.

But I'm no expert on socio-political topics which is why I seldom make comments in those threads.
I come closer to knowing a good read from a bad read by virtue of having played some long ago...whereas I haven't been involved in a questionable shooting which would somewhat hinder that opinion, not being there and whatnot.

But I will help you closed- minded motherfuckers every chance I get,  I miss Chizad who helped keep you all in check. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:30:09 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »
My biggest gripe about that throw-back was that it went to the short side of the field AND gave the kicker an awkward angle.

Run that play to the other side and, even if it's stuffed, your right-legged kicker doesn't have to kick from the left side of the field.
My sentiments exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:45 PM »
My sentiments exactly.
This is but a symptom of something much greater, not indicative of what led to our downfall from being overanked to our actual finish among the western division teams of the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »
This is but a symptom of something much greater, not indicative of what led to our downfall from being overanked to our actual finish among the western division teams of the SEC.

Whaaaaaaat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2015, 09:26:49 PM »

Whaaaaaaat?

Bro sayin' we couldn't hang.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »

So we are OK with our QB getting better stats in the passing game, but losing games because of it?

My bad. I thought for sown reason we were a running team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »

Bro sayin' we couldn't hang.
That's right. We couldn't hang.. Played tough for about twenty fucking minutes of each game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »
That's right. We couldn't hang.. Played tough for about twenty fucking minutes of each game.

This must include halftime of the UGA game cause I don't remember even 15 minutes of good play in the game.  :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'