Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Clooney vs Kim

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Clooney vs Kim
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »
I admire Clooney on this stance and I hate that Sony caved because of cyber attacks by N Korea. At the same time, I somewhat understand these Hollywood elites not having balls to speak out. Who wants all of their emails sent viral? It could cost them a career.

The dirty little secret today is that N Korea and Russia and likely other countries, actually do try to control policy and public opinion in the U.S. There are some articles regarding intimidation and even some mysterious deaths of reporters on U.S. soil.

You don't hear very many people making fun of Putin in the U.S. and calling him out. Russia compared Obama to a monkey in a public display. What would happen if that happened here? People prob start getting poisoned.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/19/george-clooney-sony-petition-the-interview-kim-jong-un-hollywood/?adid=hero4
George Clooney sent a petition to the most powerful people in Hollywood -- asking them to take a stand against the cyber-terrorists and in favor of freedom -- yet not a single person would sign.

Clooney wrote his petition before Sony pulled the plug on "The Interview." It reads, "We know that to give in to these criminals now will open the door for any group that would threaten freedom of expression, privacy and personal liberty ... we will not stand in fear."

The actor told Deadline, no one wanted to be the first to sign their name, and it was clearly out of blind fear. A frustrated Clooney said, "We cannot be told we can't see something by Kim Jong-un, of all f***ing people."

Clooney believes what was really going on is that everyone was afraid their emails would be hacked, so they compromised freedom of expression to save their own hides.

Clooney would not name names.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/19/george-clooney-sony-petition-the-interview-kim-jong-un-hollywood/#ixzz3MMpTMRpg
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Clooney vs Kim
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:28:09 PM »
This stance is going to put a lot of asian actors out of work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'