Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Potential x'er

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Potential x'er
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
This guy would fit in with the abundance of harrowing and fantastic tales spun on the x by many of  you who fail to back it up.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uknews/mohammed-islam-boy-who-made-dollar72m-in-his-lunch-break-admits-he-made-the-story-up/ar-BBgRm6B?ocid=DELLDHP

Mohammed Islam: Boy who 'made $72m' in his lunch break admits he made the story

Mohammed Islam, schoolboy   © Provided by The Independent Mohammed Islam, schoolboy   

A New York schoolboy who reportedly made $72 million (£46 million) by trading stocks during his lunch breaks has admitted making the whole story up.

Mohammed Islam, from Queens, originally told the New York Magazine he started dabbling in penny stocks aged just nine and developed a “life-long passion” for trading that was paying off.

The 17-year-old claimed he had made money in the “high eight figures” between classes at Stuyvesant High School trading oil and gold futures and equities.

But in a later interview with the New York Observer, he said the whole story was fake and he had not made any money at all.

In an interview with the magazine from the offices of their recently-hired PR firm, Mr Islam and his alleged partner Damir Tulemaganbetov said they made the whole thing up.

Reportedly flanked by lawyers, they reportedly said they were coming clean because their tale had grown out of all proportion.

Mr Islam told journalists a friend’s father had put him in touch with New York Magazine and the $72 million figure was untrue.

Although he runs an “investment club” at school, it only does simulated trades and does not deal in real money.

It seems his rumoured BMW purchase and luxury flat in Manhattan were also just a dream, and his parents are not very happy.

“Honestly, my dad wanted to disown me,” Mr Islam told the Observer. “My mum basically said she’d never talk to me. Their morals are that if I lie about it and don’t own up to it then they can no longer trust me…they knew it was false and they basically wanted to kill me and I haven’t spoken to them since.”

His friend Mr Tulemaganbetov said he expected people to get “mad” when news of the lie spreads on social media.

“But we’re sorry. Especially to our parents,” he added.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Re: Potential x'er
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
I can't fucking believe the media.  For all we know, the Ferguson riots are just a well choreographed flashdance at a mall. 

How do you post this story on the front page of your website like it's true without checking to make sure? 

"Hey, we got a 17 year old kid here who says he made $72 million in the stock market.  Started with a few pennies."

"Run it!" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »
I can't fucking believe the media.  For all we know, the Ferguson riots are just a well choreographed flashdance at a mall. 

How do you post this story on the front page of your website like it's true without checking to make sure? 

"Hey, we got a 17 year old kid here who says he made $72 million in the stock market.  Started with a few pennies."

"Run it!"
This surprises you? The NYT has become like the National Enquirer over the last 10 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »
At least he ain't killing folks in a coffe shop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »
This surprises you? The NYT has become like the National Enquirer over the last 10 years.

Pete Thamel agrees
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.