Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

College Playoff Top 4...who gets left out?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: College Playoff Top 4...who gets left out?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 04:39:32 PM »
This is supposedly the way to give us the 4 best teams. In reality there are at least 4 teams in the SEC that would give Bama a better game.

Oregon is the only team that has any chance to beat Bama.

Problem is, it won't surprise me to see FSU out physical the Ducks in the first game. I don't think FSU wins but that may be a tight game.

Osu Bama will not. Laughable that they are in the 4. Bama 48 osu 23. TCU or Baylor would've been a better match.

This isn't any better or more equitable than the BCS. It only makes more money. 8 teams would be better but bottom line is, being in the SEC will make it hard to make it because of the bias against putting 2 teams from same conference in and the schedule we must endure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
This is supposedly the way to give us the 4 best teams. In reality there are at least 4 teams in the SEC that would give Bama a better game.

Oregon is the only team that has any chance to beat Bama.

Problem is, it won't surprise me to see FSU out physical the Ducks in the first game. I don't think FSU wins but that may be a tight game.

Osu Bama will not. Laughable that they are in the 4. Bama 48 osu 23. TCU or Baylor would've been a better match.

This isn't any better or more equitable than the BCS. It only makes more money. 8 teams would be better but bottom line is, being in the SEC will make it hard to make it because of the bias against putting 2 teams from same conference in and the schedule we must endure.
You were brought on specifically to find Gus and Orbrun the best DC in the business. You need to stop railing about the system we have and focus on the task at hand .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
uat will kill OSU much in the same way they fucked up Missouri (it'll be the least watched bowl game after the 1st qtr).

Oregon & FSU game will go down to the wire, but I feel that the Heisman winner Mariotta will be to much for the FSU defense, in the end (this will be the 2nd most watched bowl game).

uat vs Oregon in the National Championship (this will be the most watched bowl game).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »
uat vs Oregon in the National Championship (this will be the most watched bowl game).

WAR DAMN DUCKS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
uat will kill OSU much in the same way they fucked up Missouri (it'll be the least watched bowl game after the 1st qtr).

Oregon & FSU game will go down to the wire, but I feel that the Heisman winner Mariotta will be to much for the FSU defense, in the end (this will be the 2nd most watched bowl game).

I'm not so sure about Oregon.  I like Mariota, and I think they score some points.  But will they be able to slow down Florida State's offense?  I could see a 42-28 kind of victory for Florida State.

Either way, I think Alabama wins it all.  They're peaking at the right time.  Kinda reminds me of Auburn last year.  2nd half of the Iron Bowl really transformed us from really good team to championship caliber team.  Used that momentum to blow out Missouri.  Had the guns blazing through the 1st half of the BCSCG.  Lost our footing and damn near had the game back in our hands by the end. 

EDIT - And of course this is how it's going to play out.  Because that's how college football is now.  Alabama will get the Big 10 reject with a 3rd string quarterback.  Blow them out.  Then they'll get Florida State in the championship game and win.  Because we lost last year, and Alabama gets retribution with everything every year right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 10:45:53 PM »
Wanna hear me yell Rowwww Tide!? Line up Jimbo's boys across from them. I don't care if it doubles Bama's championship trophy case. If it comes to this game, it's not a tough decision. I hope Bama will slap that shit eating grin off of the jibber jabbering rapist and bitch slap Jimbo.

If they play, it will happen.

Errybody wants to see Bama vs Ducks and I'm with them. It could finally be the Ducks year if this game happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
Roll Ducks Roll
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 07:14:33 AM »
Meh, fuck all of them. 
If Auburn ain't in I'm doing other shit that day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
Meh, fuck all of them. 
If Auburn ain't in I'm doing other shit that day.

What he said.  Not must see tv.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »
I really don't get that.  The only thing that I can think of is that the committee didn't want to put up with the Big 12's bullshit.  According to the Big 12 bylaws, in the event of a tie between the top two teams, the results of the head-to-head matchup during the season will be the tie-breaker to determine the conference champion.  Only if that comparison is not available will the committee's final ranking determine a champion.  That would have went to Baylor, since they won head-to-head.  Well, isn't the point of the playoffs to let conference champions duke it out if possible?  Since TCU was in the top 4, the Big 12 said "Weeeellllll, we're going to ignore the bylaws and ignore the first parameter, and whoever is in the top 4 will be the conference champion."  So, they refused to name a conference champion.

Maybe the committee said fuck you, we're not going to settle your family squabble.  You don't give us a conference champion, then you're not going to have a team in the playoff.

I guess I missed where the committee changed their position on conf champions having nothing to do with who the top 4 teams are. F this committee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
I'm still asking what someone asked earlier.  How did TCU drop 3 slots after a 55-3 win?  Last week, they were the committee's 3rd best team in the country.  I know it was Iowa State but you can't handle your business better than 55-3. And they get punished for it? 

Have to say that Gary Patterson handled it about as classy as you possibly can.  Basically said, "Meh, we should have won them all and controlled our own destiny."   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 09:40:57 AM »
Well I said it when this started, 4 is better than 2, but 8 would be the best.

Not much of an argument between who is 8 and who is 9.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »
I'm still asking what someone asked earlier.  How did TCU drop 3 slots after a 55-3 win?  Last week, they were the committee's 3rd best team in the country.  I know it was Iowa State but you can't handle your business better than 55-3. And they get punished for it? 

Have to say that Gary Patterson handled it about as classy as you possibly can.  Basically said, "Meh, we should have won them all and controlled our own destiny."

Great point. And someone should call Long and his cohorts out and demand the reasoning behind it. Not because anything will change. But because it will expose them as the dumbasses that they are. Simply put, tOSU got in based off name, and a one game performance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
I think the committee probably got it right because these 4 teams won their conference. The Big 12 completely fucked themselves on this one. It's not TCU or Baylor, it's the Big 12 conference.

All year, they have been touting "one true Champion" since every team plays every other team. However, as it looks like Baylor and TCU were going to each have 1 loss, the conference touted "co-champions" because TCU was ranked ahead of Baylor from the committee for most of the year. However, Baylor played a ranked K-State team during the last game of the year which pulled Baylor's "resume" up on par with TCU. At that point, you have to rank head to head all other things being equal.

If the conference had claimed that Baylor was undisputed champion of the Big 12, there would be a little more debate from me. But how do you let one co-champion in without the other while the other won, and also keep a "true" champion from a power 5 conference out who played and won decisively in a championship game? Answer is...you can't. The Big 12 made it easy for the committee when they declared co-champions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
If you're a Go Gatah playa and before the season started, you were told your coach will be fired and your bowl game will be against East Carolina in Birmingham.....

On the other hand, if you're a Western Kentucky or Central Michigan player and were told you'd be spending Christmas in the Bahamas.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
And for the record, this shit wasn't thought out real well. How do you have 5 power conferences and 4 play off spots. This is going to end bad for someone nearly every year. The playoffs need to be 2 teams or 8 teams or we need 4 conferences. Anything other than that is going to fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 10:39:40 AM »
I think the committee probably got it right because these 4 teams won their conference. The Big 12 completely fucked themselves on this one. It's not TCU or Baylor, it's the Big 12 conference.

All year, they have been touting "one true Champion" since every team plays every other team. However, as it looks like Baylor and TCU were going to each have 1 loss, the conference touted "co-champions" because TCU was ranked ahead of Baylor from the committee for most of the year. However, Baylor played a ranked K-State team during the last game of the year which pulled Baylor's "resume" up on par with TCU. At that point, you have to rank head to head all other things being equal.

If the conference had claimed that Baylor was undisputed champion of the Big 12, there would be a little more debate from me. But how do you let one co-champion in without the other while the other won, and also keep a "true" champion from a power 5 conference out who played and won decisively in a championship game? Answer is...you can't. The Big 12 made it easy for the committee when they declared co-champions.

That is a good point. I still feel bad for Baylor. I really think they had a better body of work than tOSU.

tOSU left a final lasting impression from one game. Sucks for Baylor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 11:06:19 AM »
And for the record, this shit wasn't thought out real well. How do you have 5 power conferences and 4 play off spots. This is going to end bad for someone nearly every year. The playoffs need to be 2 teams or 8 teams or we need 4 conferences. Anything other than that is going to fail.

4 conferences.  16 teams each.  No FCS teams on schedule.  12 games.  7 games against your division teams, 2 games against other division teams inside conference.  1 game against non conference power 4 team.  2 games against non conference non power 4 team. 

Don't worry with the math.  It works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
4 conferences.  16 teams each.  No FCS teams on schedule.  12 games.  7 games against your division teams, 2 games against other division teams inside conference.  1 game against non conference power 4 team.  2 games against non conference non power 4 team. 

Don't worry with the math.  It works.

I was told there would be no math
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »
Heard Mack Brown on Cowherd a bit ago.  Surprisingly candid in that he agreed Baylor and TCU didn't schedule very well OOC.  Also admitted that they (Texas when he was coaching) got some breaks other teams didn't because of the Texas name and that tOSU name definitely played into choosing them over Baylor and TCU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions