WR Sammie Coates, Duke Williams

Defense
Gone (Seniors):
DT Angelo Blackson, Ben Bradley
DE Ladarius Owens
DB Jonathan Mincy, Trovon Reed, Robenson Therezie

and lest we forget:
Long Snapper Forrest Hill

Most concerning in terms of losing is all the experience in the backfield and the possible losses at WR with Coates and Williams. There's little experience on the d-line coming back as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Looking to 2015, who's gone, who's back
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
Possibly Gone (Juniors to NFL):
Every Alabama fan on the planet will rejoice if this happens.  These two motherfuckers are legit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »

Hoping JJ has a talk with them over the off season. Don't think it will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 01:11:30 PM »
Offense
Gone (Seniors):
C Reese Dismukes
RG Chad Slade
TE CJ Uzomah, Brandon Fulse
RB Cameron Artis-Payne, Corey Grant
QB Nick Marshall
WR Quan Bray

Defense
Gone (Seniors):
DT Angelo Blackson, Ben Bradley
DE Ladarius Owens
DB Jonathan Mincy, Trovon Reed, Robenson Therezie

and lest we forget:
Long Snapper Forrest Hill

Most concerning in terms of losing is all the experience in the backfield and the possible losses at WR with Coates and Williams. There's little experience on the d-line coming back as well.
Yeah this is when Malzahn really proves his worth as a head coach. Can he cobble a winner with so many key loses?

Duke and Sammy are almost certain to leave so they can get paid. We will lack their downfield blocking, toughness on the limited crosses we threw along with the double deep threat they posed to defenses.
Dismukes is a tough one to replace.
Our outside run game was dependent on the Fulse and Uzomah sealing the edges. Without them and or a true fullback we will really be set up like a finesse team.
I don't see Thomas carrying the mail anywhere near the level of Mason or like CAP has this season. Roc is a talent  but maybe Jovan Robinson gets the bulk of the work.
Slade will get drafted and Bray has a chance because he is a PR that can play special teams and learn as a receiver.
I have a great deal of confidence in JJ as a QB over any other guy we have had in the past with so few pieces returning.

Blackson might actually catch on as a free agent IMO-but like so many current and those before him his problem is that he takes too many plays off. Therezie is a good hitter that lacks coverage skills but then there are a shocking few that at least find their way on a team and somehow play a couple of years.   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:21:15 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »
Gabe Wright.  Senior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:05:07 PM »
Gabe Wright.  Senior.
Possibly Kris Frost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bgreene

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:50:43 PM »
Possibly Kris Frost.

Frost would be stupid to leave.  He may have stood out, but look at everyone else around him.  Hell my 4yr old daughter could have stood out on our defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 11:30:33 PM »
Frost would be stupid to leave.  He may have stood out, but look at everyone else around him.  Hell my 4yr old daughter could have stood out on our defense.

I wish to hell she would have challenged Cooper at the line.  Does NOBODY watch film on that motherfucker?  You hit him at the line and he doesn't do shit all night. LSU did it for three quarters and 14 minutes and he didn't catch a damn thing.  Arkansas did it and he was invisible. Ole Miss did it and beat their ass. 

Alabama has ONE fucking play. ONE.  For all the jizz spewed at the screen by Mustyburger and Jesse "Hair on my" Palmer, Yeldon is an average back at best.  He wouldn't start at Arkansas, he wouldn't get many carries at AU, he wouldn't be in the rotation at UGA, he wouldn't cut it at Mississippi State.  He's just not that good.  Neither is the mentally challenged caveman or any of the other very, very pedestrian backs on their roster.  Blake Sims is absolutely terrible. He's bottom four in the SEC.  He fucking SUCKS. But because teams fucking insist on giving Cooper a cushion to keep him from getting deep (which never motherfucking ever fucking works) all Sims has to do is play backyard ball and fling it up in the air.  Hesus on a popsicle stick, HIT THE BASTARD. Make him earn the goddam yards. Then if you get beaten deep, well hell, you just did.  Stupid ass backing off eight yards shit is for the fucking birds.  Cooper is an enormous pussy. Hit him a little, make him work and he's not going to do anything anybody will remember. 

I've watched that shit all year and it completely boggles my mind.  Alabama has nothing on offense.  Nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »
I wish to hell she would have challenged Cooper at the line.  Does NOBODY watch film on that motherfucker?  You hit him at the line and he doesn't do shit all night. LSU did it for three quarters and 14 minutes and he didn't catch a damn thing.  Arkansas did it and he was invisible. Ole Miss did it and beat their ass. 

Alabama has ONE fucking play. ONE.  For all the jizz spewed at the screen by Mustyburger and Jesse "Hair on my" Palmer, Yeldon is an average back at best.  He wouldn't start at Arkansas, he wouldn't get many carries at AU, he wouldn't be in the rotation at UGA, he wouldn't cut it at Mississippi State.  He's just not that good.  Neither is the mentally challenged caveman or any of the other very, very pedestrian backs on their roster.  Blake Sims is absolutely terrible. He's bottom four in the SEC.  He fucking SUCKS. But because teams fucking insist on giving Cooper a cushion to keep him from getting deep (which never motherfucking ever fucking works) all Sims has to do is play backyard ball and fling it up in the air.  Hesus on a popsicle stick, HIT THE BASTARD. Make him earn the goddam yards. Then if you get beaten deep, well hell, you just did.  Stupid ass backing off eight yards shit is for the fucking birds.  Cooper is an enormous pussy. Hit him a little, make him work and he's not going to do anything anybody will remember. 

I've watched that shit all year and it completely boggles my mind.  Alabama has nothing on offense.  Nothing.

And that certain dc is unemployed now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 01:04:33 AM »
And that certain dc is unemployed now.

It's not just Ellis.  Florida did it. Coach fired.  A&M did it.  DC fired. LSU did it for the final minute.  Lost.

Nobody bowed down to the pussy bitch last year.  Everybody stuck his ass and didn't play like they were afraid of him.  He caught more passes against Auburn this year than he did the entire 2013 season. 

He's not that fucking good.  I never understood why anybody played like they were scared of his ass.  Challenge the fairy and he folds. 

Watching the deference opposing coaches gave him made zero sense to me.  He's good, but there are a shit-ton of receivers in the SEC as good or better, but it was like they were all afraid to cover him for some reason. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »
Kaos apparently you missed the Great CB Jonathan Mincy jam him at the line of scrimmage...the result of the play? 250 yard bomb to a WIDE OPEN Cooper (Mincy jammed him at the LOS the way a great CB does, step to the side while looking in the backfield and not lay a hand on him).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 09:09:39 AM »
It's not just Ellis.  Florida did it. Coach fired.  A&M did it.  DC fired. LSU did it for the final minute.  Lost.

Nobody bowed down to the pussy bitch last year.  Everybody stuck his ass and didn't play like they were afraid of him.  He caught more passes against Auburn this year than he did the entire 2013 season. 

He's not that fucking good.  I never understood why anybody played like they were scared of his ass.  Challenge the fairy and he folds. 

Watching the deference opposing coaches gave him made zero sense to me.  He's good, but there are a shit-ton of receivers in the SEC as good or better, but it was like they were all afraid to cover him for some reason.

I think Cooper is good in a similar way Duke is good - when the ball is anywhere in his vicinity, he's going to get it - except Cooper is lightning fast and once he gets a step on the defender, no one is catching him. I think that makes him dangerous. So you're right, its all about him in open space. In it, he is deadly. Not in it, very quiet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »
I know some folks, Coates is NFL bound.

You  should see my drill press.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
I know some folks, Coates is NFL bound.

You  should see my drill press.

He will light up the combine and he knows it. Slightly above average skillset as a pure WR. Off the charts measurables on paper. He's a meat market's dream.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
He will light up the combine and he knows it. Slightly above average skillset as a pure WR. Off the charts measurables on paper. He's a meat market's dream.
Yeah his 40 time along with his size and vertical will have him probably at 3rd round.

BTW I would pretty much guess since Sammy gone that Duke would be with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Yeah his 40 time along with his size and vertical will have him probably at 3rd round.

BTW I would pretty much guess since Sammy gone that Duke would be with him.

I will say though, if Gus can somehow talk them into staying, that will be the biggest recruiting win Gus has ever had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
I will say though, if Gus can somehow talk them into staying, that will be the biggest recruiting win Gus has ever had the bagman has ever had.

FIFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
I will say though, if Gus can somehow talk them into staying, that will be the biggest recruiting win Gus has ever had.
Playing devils advocate, not sure that is always a good thing.   If they want to go let them go.  Sure as a fan I hate it, I also get it. 

However, I would rather have us develop the next string then have guys worrying about not getting hurt so they don't ruin their chance at the big time (a la Clowney)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
BTW you need to add Whitehead to your list on defense (he is a Senior)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook