Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iron Bowl 2014 Thread

jmar

Re: Iron Bowl 2014 Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
I've been on it but three interceptions means they did their job tonight. Even had a stop or two. Best we could hope for with them.

Nick played a great game minus interception.

I'm proud of these guys hanging with the number 1 team for most if the game.

Red zone offense was what beat us, IMO. Not defense.
Jesus WT, it's teams like ours that make them the number 1 team by our inability to beat them. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
What time does the next showing of Horrible Bosses 2 start?

No offense, but you're a negative fucking Nellie.  The game was still in the first quarter and you've already wiped your dick on the towel and thrown it in. 

85% of your posts in this thread were negative as fuck. 

It has no impact whatsoever on the game, but this kind of shit makes me want to projectile vomit. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:51:29 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
No offense, but you're a negative fucking Nellie.  The game was still in the first quarter and you've already wiped your dick on the towel and thrown it in. 

85% of your posts in this thread were negative as fuck. 

It has no impact whatsoever on the game, but this kind of shit makes me want to projectile vomit.

None taken. No offense but you aren't always a ray of sunshine either. Me, I was reacting (okay, overreacting) to what I saw which was the same stuff that got this team beat by Miss. State, Georgia, and Texas A&M.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:58:24 AM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2014, 12:14:21 PM »
None taken. No offense but you aren't always a ray of sunshine either. Me, I was reacting (okay, overreacting) to what I saw which was the same stuff that got this team beat by Miss. State, Georgia, and Texas A&M.

Sunshine flows out of my ass.  Makes it hard to sleep. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
Sunshine flows out of my ass.  Makes it hard to sleep.

I heard they have a pill for that but it may affect the wang somewhat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »
Can't beat Goliath every year. The defense played about as well as you could reasonably expect. They beat us because they have 5 star athletes backing up their 5 star back ups to 5 star starters. That is hard to overcome. I really want to see the day when auburn is Goliath and has all the recruits.

That said, if this game was played without halftime auburn wins easily. War eagle anyway
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

jmar

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
Can't beat Goliath every year. The defense played about as well as you could reasonably expect. They beat us because they have 5 star athletes backing up their 5 star back ups to 5 star starters. That is hard to overcome. I really want to see the day when auburn is Goliath and has all the recruits.

That said, if this game was played without halftime auburn wins easily. War eagle anyway
I would feel much better about things if we were able to handle Georgia but we fail at that even.

Splitting with Alabama has always been the acceptable standard since Dye...to keep a job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
Fuck you, AL.COM for posting a video of the crowd singing "Rammer Jammer" last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »

Imo, it was not so much a talent gap but a coaching gap on defense and ineffective red zone offense (whether play calls, bad play or both).

I think we looked outclassed in the db's this year but there's enough talent there for someone to make better tacklers and defenders out of them.

I hope we go back to 4-3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2014, 11:55:41 PM »
Oh I'm not saying our 1st string wasn't a match for their 1st string, just that their 2nd and 3rd string were a match for our 1st string and blew our back ups off the field. During the first half our offensive line was blocking effectively and the run game was working well. By the 4th quarter our offensive line was getting blown up with defensive backs standing around in the backfield during every run play. I don't think Saban had to say hey guys try to come off your blocks, I just think the process processed itself a depth we couldn't compete with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

bgreene

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2014, 04:51:41 AM »
Oh I'm not saying our 1st string wasn't a match for their 1st string, just that their 2nd and 3rd string were a match for our 1st string and blew our back ups off the field. During the first half our offensive line was blocking effectively and the run game was working well. By the 4th quarter our offensive line was getting blown up with defensive backs standing around in the backfield during every run play. I don't think Saban had to say hey guys try to come off your blocks, I just think the process processed itself a depth we couldn't compete with.

IMO Auburn, not Alabama looked tired in the second half.  You would have thought they were the hunh offense.  Our guys looked smoked (not a reference to Marshall and his off the field hobbies).  But I do agree with you.  Take out half time, Auburn wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
IMO Auburn, not Alabama looked tired in the second half.  You would have thought they were the hunh offense.  Our guys looked smoked (not a reference to Marshall and his off the field hobbies).  But I do agree with you.  Take out half time, Auburn wins.
We were beaten by Jacob Fucking Coker. He never took a snap, only had to get loosened-up on the sidelines.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions