Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iron Bowl 2014 Thread

jmar

Re: Iron Bowl 2014 Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »
I wasn't on the fir CEJ bus, but now I'm driving that mother fucker.  We did everything to win the damn game except score TD's instead of FG's and play defense.  Offensive game plan was spot on even with Marshall at QB. I must say he played an outstanding game.  Gus knew their weakness and attacked it going deep.  Just couldn't score touchdowns.  Oh well.
It sickened me to see quit after they went up by nine or was it twelve?
They crow about how great Cooper is but we never covered him. Always running wide open. Never had to fight for a single reception.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2014, 11:54:28 PM »
I was told that Auburn has spoken with Muschamp. Anyone hear anything to that nature?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »
I wasn't on the fir CEJ bus, but now I'm driving that mother fudgeer.  We did everything to win the damn game except score TD's instead of FG's and play defense.  Offensive game plan was spot on even with Marshall at QB. I must say he played an outstanding game.  Gus knew their weakness and attacked it going deep.  Just couldn't score touchdowns.  Oh well.
I've been on it but three interceptions means they did their job tonight. Even had a stop or two. Best we could hope for with them.

Nick played a great game minus interception.

I'm proud of these guys hanging with the number 1 team for most if the game.

Red zone offense was what beat us, IMO. Not defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2014, 12:06:42 AM »
I've been on it but three interceptions means they did their job tonight. Even had a stop or two. Best we could hope for with them.

Nick played a great game minus interception.

I'm proud of these guys hanging with the number 1 team for most if the game.

Red zone offense was what beat us, IMO. Not defense.

Please tell me you are drunk in re to your last statement.

55 to a team with one good player???

Scoring 44 with 630 yards should be plenty against the #1 team in their house.

Sorry. This was all on the d tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »

Not saying d was good but does that surprise anyone that they hung 55 on us? I was looking for around 50.

This d's goal is made to get turnovers and they got 3. We gave 1 back. And yes, red zone o is definitely the reason we lost in my mind because I didn't expect the d to perform at championship level but I do expect it from O.

We just didn't outshoot them tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2014, 12:14:42 AM »
Well. Fuck. Played better than I expected.

When we went up double digits we stopped doing on defense what we were doing before. Will never understand that. 

Fuck Alabama. And the refs that confinually spotted the ball short. Fuck musberger and Jesse. I wish those bitches would spit out sabans dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »
They scored a touchdown on the last 5 possessions. For fuck sake, we can't stop one of those from being 6?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2014, 12:21:23 AM »

Defense wasn't great, but if we score TD's instead of FG inside the 10 yard line, this is a completely different game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:07 AM »
As for the O. The fact that we had three trips to the end zone and only 9 points to show for it sucked. However, that was the our first possessions of the game. After that we got on a roll and started putting it in the end zone. The problem was our D couldn't stop them from doing the same. Once again our secondary looked as bad as it has all season. Our D looked like it couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack. Fuck it, let Cooper run wide open, why not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:30 AM »
No idea how the fuck Bama pulled that one out, but I think I'll beat my wife anyway just for good measure.  Christ....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »
I'll repeat what I've been saying most of the season, Jonathan Mincy is the worst Auburn CB, ever...worse than Neiko Thorpe. Auburn better be glad I wasn't calling plays against that defense, I would've thrown at Mincy every other play, then ran right up the gut with Henry & Fowler...I would've also thrown the ball at the end to put more points on the scoreboard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »
And the refs that confinually spotted the ball short.
You know what?  Fuck you.  That was about as even as a game could possibly be called.  They weren't continually spotting the ball short.  Really, there was probably only one questionable call and it went Auburn's way. 

In summary: fuck you.

As for everyone else, a friendly War Eagle to you.  AU played a hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2014, 12:30:33 AM »
Well. fudge. Played better than I expected.

When we went up double digits we stopped doing on defense what we were doing before. Will never understand that. 

fudge Alabama. And the refs that confinually spotted the ball short. fudge musberger and Jesse. I wish those bitches would spit out sabans richard.
I prolly missed some calls but we did not get hosed like I thought we would. I was amazed the shared catch made it past the review. Amazed.

But the 4th down spot, along with several others seemed to go 8 inches in their favor on critical spots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2014, 12:32:59 AM »
I prolly missed some calls but we did not get hosed like I thought we would. I was amazed the shared catch made it past the review. Amazed.

But the 4th down spot, along with several others seemed to go 8 inches in their favor on critical spots.

I honestly thought it was a well called game. No argument from me about the officials.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
I honestly thought it was a well called game. No argument from me about the officials.
Unfortunately, there's not one that we can point to as THE one that cost us the game when you get beat by 11.

We know where we are. We've got miles to improve on D and improve power run game and short passing. I so  hope Duke comes back.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2014, 01:06:37 AM »
You know what?  Fuck you.  That was about as even as a game could possibly be called.  They weren't continually spotting the ball short.  Really, there was probably only one questionable call and it went Auburn's way. 

In summary: fuck you.

As for everyone else, a friendly War Eagle to you.  AU played a hell of a game.

Didn't cost the game. But definitely fucked momentum.  Second and one, third and one, fourth and one. Watched the guy spot the ball well behind where it was. So fuck him.

Couple of replays seemed timed to give your team a break.

Still didn't cost the game. We did that to ourselves.

Of all the saban teams this is the most flawed, the weakest, the most vulnerable.  It irritates me that we weren't able to take advantage of that. 

Don't ever talk to anyone about luck again. This is the luckiest team I've ever seen. It's a 7-4 team masquerading as a contender.  But sadly there isn't shit else. FSU is warmed over dogshit. Missouri? Nigga please. Oregon? Haha. Ohio State? Pfffttt. Utter garbage. The most pathetic group of championship pretenders ever.  Sickens me that we didn't capitalize on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2014, 01:25:04 AM »
Couple of replays seemed timed to give your team a break.

Still didn't cost the game. We did that to ourselves
This. And no it didn't cost us the game but you better believe when the play clock is winding down and Blake Sims can't see the play from the sideline, the booth review will be sure to stop play and review the previous catch. No sense in wasting a bammer time out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2014, 02:18:36 AM »
Twitter saying Bama fans chanting "Lutz is dead" after the game?  Can anyone who attended confirm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2014, 04:51:40 AM »
Twitter saying Bama fans chanting "Lutz is dead" after the game?  Can anyone who attended confirm?

Does this shock you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »

I heard it was "Luck is dead" which makes sense because they don't believe in luck since they have the refs, the network, and the league working for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg