Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What if?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
What if?
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »
What if? I mean, I'm thinking we take care of business in Athens at least. I'm optimistic about Tuscaloosa but think it could go either way.

But what if we lose both?

If that happens, I assume it will be mostly defensive woes that caused it. Should Johnson get another season to right the ship?

Is d recruiting where you think it should be?

I say it depends on the numbers. If we look like tamu/sc game type numbers on d for the remaining 2 games, Gus has to strongly consider making a change at end of season.

If we improve a good bit, give him another year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: What if?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »
I am fully expecting to see Johnson again next year unless the wheels fall off in epic proportion or he magically gets another chance to be a HC somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
It will be interesting to see because if you think about it, Gus has never had to face real personnel decisions as a head corch.  Hope he doesn't have to this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »
If defensive problems cause us to lose the last three out of four games and they look bad, giving up a lot of yards and points, CJE has lost the team. I don' think Gus will stand for it. (at least I hope not)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
Have to let him resign and take that job at Carolina Tech he's been hoping to get. 

This is a championship caliber offense.  To finish a season with four losses because of the defense most likely won't be tolerated by Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
Johnson gets a pass because he hasn't had Carl Lawson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »
Johnson gets a pass because he hasn't had Carl Lawson.
I haven't had Jennifer Anniston yet either but I don't see what sex has to do with the question I posed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »
I haven't had Jennifer Anniston yet either but I don't see what sex has to do with the question I posed.
Sorry, could you repeat the question?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 01:46:26 AM »
That's my woman you're talking about!!  That whorish mouth of yours needs to find another woman to use in your comparison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 10:20:02 AM »
That's my woman you're talking about!!  That whorish mouth of yours needs to find another woman to use in your comparison.
Make-up and lighting tricks acknowledged, having seen her recent commercial I think she actually looks better now than during her perky younger years on Friends. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
What if? I mean, I'm thinking we take care of business in Athens at least. I'm optimistic about Tuscaloosa but think it could go either way.

But what if we lose both?

If that happens, I assume it will be mostly defensive woes that caused it. Should Johnson get another season to right the ship?

Is d recruiting where you think it should be?

I say it depends on the numbers. If we look like tamu/sc game type numbers on d for the remaining 2 games, Gus has to strongly consider making a change at end of season.

If we improve a good bit, give him another year.
IF we were to lose both HOW we lose on the road might play into the answer.

IDK what the relationship between EJ and Gus would be at season's end but I seriously doubt we get rid of him.
Granted we opened up the defensive recruiting to get him the running, long reach defenders he wanted and certainly we can never have enough but it's obvious at least to me that he can't make his version of the 4-2-5 work without an uber talented rush end like Lawson on the field.

Does that let Whitey off the hook by my estimation?
FUCK NO!  He is a highly paid coordinator that has seen it all and we bought into all of the fanfare upon the hire even though it was apparent he was a journeyman that could wow initially in some cases when he was probably asked to leave in others. That seems to be the way regime change works and his experience and having worked with and against spread-type teams made him an attractive candidate.

Am I being too critical?
I'M NOT WAVING A SHAKER. I WATCH FOOTBALL DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHERS.

Am I optimistic?
YES, MORESO THAN MOST HERE. I ACTUALLY THINK WE CAN OUTSCORE ANYBODY ON ANY GIVEN DAY.
*btw we didn't have Duke Williams last season and we managed to do pretty well.

In EJ's defense...having Carl Lawson on the field is worth 3-4 points in my estimation. Lawson also makes everyone around him better and their job easier. Someone else up front would save us another point by virtue of Lawson's presence on the field tying up two men or drawing a blocker away from a given area where needed. IMO having Lawson has a trickle down effect. Sure our coverage is the suxxors. But it's tick, tick, tick for a QB when we have a force coming from the edge. And he doesn't have to average but maybe 1.5 sacks per game because the threat alone demands attention and makes a QB uncomfortable if not antsy or more apt to make a mistake.

EJ stays. Seems like a nice man and who wants to go through another transitional phase with somebody that wants to ditch the 4-2-5?

Like TCU, give us a few stops, force a couple of turnovers and fly to the ball.
So there, WDE!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions