Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Ole Miss is Ole Miss

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Why Ole Miss is Ole Miss
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/6/7167329/opelika-auburn-news-ole-miss-cover-ross-bjork

Their AD wrote a pissy letter to the Opelika-Auburn News over its decision to run a photo of Treadwell being brought down from behind.  Photo shows the leg turned, but it's not broken at this point I don't think.  Still, when your AD is whining about newspaper photos and writing high-handed shit like:

We run our athletics department with a well-defined purpose, and we operate daily using seven core values to guide us. Together, those core values comprise our "line in the sand," and we will defend them when attacked.

Well, it makes your entire school and fanbase look like a covey of moist pussies. 

(Also worth noting that the person who twattered the photo trying to start shit goes by "houndztooth".  There was a concerted effort by that slimy ass bunch to make the OAN photo decision a product of and reflection on Auburn as a whole.  So fuck them, too.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Why Ole Miss is Ole Miss
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
I didn't see it but I heard several people talking about our local rag using what I imagine was the same photo. Probably an AP shot. 

Ole Miss has as much talent as they have ever had. And probably ever will have.  But in the end, Sani, they'll always be Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
I battled an ole miss person earlier in the week over this as well.  They just were incensed about that picture being in the paper. 

Idiots.

It was the game wining play at the point it happened and they are not supposed to show a picture of it?  Then they said "well they could have used a side shot cause it wasn't as bad".  So I went and looked and the side shot showed just as much twist and turn and the other.

Fuck'em.  I used to kind of like Ole Miss.  They were the loveable losers that you always pull for when not playing them but not anymore.

They will always be Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Even after you beat Alabama. Even after Katy Perry dances at your bar. Even after you tear down your own goalposts. Even after you think you're going to win the SEC, make the playoffs and get to raise something other than the 2003 SEC Co-Western Division Champions banner....

You are still:

Boo hoo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
I think it's been confirmed that the editor of the OA News is a Bama graduate.  So maybe if Ole Miss wants to tout their superior integrity in the face of other schools, they should start in Tuscaloosa where their school of journalism leads to the publication of such photos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 10:21:47 AM »

Boo hoo
Not sure if this was ever posted here, but it's gold.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
I don't like that an AD engages himself in lower level fray with individual people and fans. It comes off looking like a whiney ass always looking to pick a fight. He fucking twitter battles people. Like, back and forth "youre a poo poo head" style shit. Chizad - get to it stat!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »
They're my life Robert...MY LIFE.. OLE MISS FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE!    :rofl: :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
Holy shit that video.   :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg