Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: American Sniper
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
Looks ok, However I'm calling bullshit. 

Woman and kid would already have extra leaking holes in them.

That's how Hatcock would have done it, and he is the top tier American sniper as far as I am concerned.  Everyone else is vying for 2nd place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »
Looks ok, However I'm calling bullshit. 

Woman and kid would already have extra leaking holes in them.

That's how Hatcock would have done it, and he is the top tier American sniper as far as I am concerned.  Everyone else is vying for 2nd place.
Gotta remember thought this is Hollywood, land of the democrat and crusader of the little guy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
Gotta remember thought this is Hollywood, land of the democrat and crusader of the little guy.

The Homer Stokes if you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »

In their version he his tried as a war criminal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »
Bradley Cooper ?  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »
No thanks. Got roped into Lone Survivor the same way. Compelling story but not what I want in a movie.

If I want to feel bad about life, I'll watch more of the news or hang out around this site.

I watch movies to get away from all that noise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
No thanks. Got roped into Lone Survivor the same way. Compelling story but not what I want in a movie.

If I want to feel bad about life, I'll watch more of the news or hang out around this site.

I watch movies to get away from all that noise.

Every time I think you're approaching sanity you post something like this. 

Lone Survivor was a fantastic movie.  One of the better movies I saw last year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »
Every time I think you're approaching sanity you post something like this. 

Lone Survivor was a fantastic movie.  One of the better movies I saw last year

I think he means how it makes him feel personally.

While I too liked it, I have never been in a combat situation. I'm not sure how I would feel if that were the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 12:49:51 PM »

While I too liked it, I have never been in a combat situation. I'm not sure how I would feel if that were the case.

If you felt anything other than pride, admiration and patriotism after watching that movie; if you didn't get a little misted over at the final sequence showing the real life warriors who didn't make it back home?

I'll let you just return to your regularly scheduled jihad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
If you felt anything other than pride, admiration and patriotism after watching that movie; if you didn't get a little misted over at the final sequence showing the real life warriors who didn't make it back home?

I'll let you just return to your regularly scheduled jihad.

TROOF

Now get out of here ya bunch of pinko commies!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Very good movie, but if you get a chance to read the book it's even better.  Now American Sniper was agood book as well, just more views from his wife then I cared for.  Now I'm ready to see how the movie will match up.  Also, I agree that Gunny Hathcock is the measuring stick for all others.  The movie Sniper whiched was "based" on the book about the late Gunny sucked ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »

Everybody handles it differently. You have to keep your sense of humor while maintaining your military mission. A good laugh in a bad situation is a giant relief. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »
I totally respect what those guys did and the ones who continue doing it. Had two brothers in law both serve in combat over the past few years and I'm thankful they made it back to their families unlike so many others.

Lone Survivor was fantastic. It was also incredibly hard to swallow but every now and then, that can be a good thing. However, I trend more towards entertainment that makes me think or is just entertaining when I go to a movie. That's all I was saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
I totally respect what those guys did and the ones who continue doing it. Had two brothers in law both serve in combat over the past few years and I'm thankful they made it back to their families unlike so many others.

Lone Survivor was fantastic. It was also incredibly hard to swallow but every now and then, that can be a good thing. However, I trend more towards entertainment that makes me think or is just entertaining when I go to a movie. That's all I was saying.

But - with all that said...what did you really mean by that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
But - with all that said...what did you really mean by that?

Meant that at the time I went and saw that it was hard to watch and realize - even if there was a Hollywood touch to it - what was happening to those guys and then to think how that must have felt. I went in knowing very, very little about the story. I never trust when a Hollywood studio bills anything as "based on a true story." It made me sick to realize they were sent over there and no one can really tell them why that had to go down that way. It makes the sacrifice so real and so powerful but it also makes me sick to my stomach to think I was trying to watch that for entertainment. I admit that is mostly on me as I should have done better research going into the thing. I have since read Lutrell's book and it is just as gut wrenching. I've also decided if I'm going to watch one of "those" again, I'm gonna go in knowing more about it so I can digest it as intended and treat it like a learning experience rather than entertainment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions