Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grading my Tigers

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Grading my Tigers
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »
I'm more concerned with Hutson Mason going discount double check on us more than I am Nick forcing balls into double coverage. Anyway next up are the Mighty Ags. We don't want to get the cart before the horse WT.
One at a time!

As much as we like to poke fun at Bo Wallce - talent and arm wise, he is twice the QB Mason is. Wallace shits the bed from time to time, and when he does it is bad. And he's also a punk ass. But when he is on, he can improvise and sling it. Mason has no such ceiling. A game mgr who can hand it off and complete the occasional wheel route, bubble screen or quick slant.  Most of his passes over 15 yards were 3 yard passes with good runs after the catch. His arsenal consists of glorified shovel passes. The sad part is, even the Ga folks will tell you that. I'm just not worried about him. Worried a little bit more about Simms taking off and making us look like a retarded pinball machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
I'm more concerned with Hutson Mason going discount double check on us more than I am Nick forcing balls into double coverage. Anyway next up are the Mighty Ags. We don't want to get the cart before the horse WT.
One at a time!

Agree however with them playing a true freshman who is having his first road start, I like our chances. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
Agree however with them playing a true freshman who is having his first road start, I like our chances.

His situation reminds me of the poor LSU kid, but with less Hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Marshall is running with more authority now.  Maybe that's confidence in the OL or comfort with CAP or the jockey digging the spurs in on the home stretch...who the fuck knows? 

I agree with this but with one caveat. Marshal is now running with a purpose, when he runs.

But there are times he still defers to the RB instead of taking it himself.

That last OM drive would never have happened if NM would have kept the ball at least once the last drive.

Both times he handed off to CAP into a mob. The end was open. And the way he is running now, I think he would have gotten quite a few yards. Maybe he isn't 100% comfortable with the reads yet. He is getting much better.
If he gets as comfortable as last season, we will blow some more doors off.

I've said it will blue in the face, if NM runs, we win. If he defers to the RB when he should not, we will struggle.

It's not his arm we will win on, its his legs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »
As much as we like to poke fun at Bo Wallce - talent and arm wise, he is twice the QB Mason is. Wallace shits the bed from time to time, and when he does it is bad. And he's also a punk ass. But when he is on, he can improvise and sling it. Mason has no such ceiling. A game mgr who can hand it off and complete the occasional wheel route, bubble screen or quick slant.  Most of his passes over 15 yards were 3 yard passes with good runs after the catch. His arsenal consists of glorified shovel passes. The sad part is, even the Ga folks will tell you that. I'm just not worried about him. Worried a little bit more about Simms taking off and making us look like a retarded pinball machine.
My concern stems from the Joe Fucking Cox days. Cox was better but Mason can find the open receiver in the red zone.
Wallace is somewhat like Stafford. Hell Ole Miss is like the Lions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions