Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Braden Smith be playing

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Braden Smith be playing
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
I thought that I saw a number 91 on the field Sat and was trying to figure out who in the hell it was. I assume it was Braden.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/freshman_braden_smiths_role_ex.html
Print
Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By  Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on October 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM

AUBURN, Alabama -- It seems Braden Smith has as many roles on Auburn's offense as he does nicknames.

The Auburn freshman, who teammates and coaches have nicknamed the Hulk, Terminator and Drago because of his intimidating size, debuted at tight end Saturday against Mississippi State. He played seven snaps as a typical tight end but did not go out for a pass. He had previously only played left tackle late in blowout victories this season, but coaches are working to expand his role.

"They felt like I could help out playing as an extra lineman/tight end on some plays on short yardage," Smith said. "I felt like I could get the job done and so did they, so I think I helped out pretty good."

Smith, whose 6-foot-6, 299-pound frame looks out of place at tight end, added a third position to his early playing career Tuesday at practice, where coaches had him work at left guard with the first-team unit.

"They're just trying to rest up some guys, so we only had one group going," Smith said.

Auburn (5-1, 2-1 SEC) is coming off a 38-23 loss at Mississippi State, which jumped to No. 1 in the polls following the victory. The sixth-ranked Tigers do not play Saturday and will rest up and correct mistakes leading into a showdown with South Carolina at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Oct. 25.

Smith has averaged 6.83 snaps in games this season. He primarily serves as Shon Coleman's backup at left tackle, but could play more tight end in the future.

"I've repped it sometimes during practice, but it didn't really come into anything serious until like the last week," Smith said.

When asked if he has caught any passes, Smith said he is "getting better." Smith's right wrist was wrapped in ice after practice Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Braden Smith be playing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »
I thought that I saw a number 91 on the field Sat and was trying to figure out who in the hell it was. I assume it was Braden.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/freshman_braden_smiths_role_ex.html
Print
Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By  Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on October 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM

AUBURN, Alabama -- It seems Braden Smith has as many roles on Auburn's offense as he does nicknames.

The Auburn freshman, who teammates and coaches have nicknamed the Hulk, Terminator and Drago because of his intimidating size, debuted at tight end Saturday against Mississippi State. He played seven snaps as a typical tight end but did not go out for a pass. He had previously only played left tackle late in blowout victories this season, but coaches are working to expand his role.

"They felt like I could help out playing as an extra lineman/tight end on some plays on short yardage," Smith said. "I felt like I could get the job done and so did they, so I think I helped out pretty good."

Smith, whose 6-foot-6, 299-pound frame looks out of place at tight end, added a third position to his early playing career Tuesday at practice, where coaches had him work at left guard with the first-team unit.

"They're just trying to rest up some guys, so we only had one group going," Smith said.

Auburn (5-1, 2-1 SEC) is coming off a 38-23 loss at Mississippi State, which jumped to No. 1 in the polls following the victory. The sixth-ranked Tigers do not play Saturday and will rest up and correct mistakes leading into a showdown with South Carolina at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Oct. 25.

Smith has averaged 6.83 snaps in games this season. He primarily serves as Shon Coleman's backup at left tackle, but could play more tight end in the future.

"I've repped it sometimes during practice, but it didn't really come into anything serious until like the last week," Smith said.

When asked if he has caught any passes, Smith said he is "getting better." Smith's right wrist was wrapped in ice after practice Tuesday.
GAGH DAMMIT!!!!

Great article, get everyone's hopes up, then shit all over everything fuckin thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »
GAGH DAMMIT!!!!

Great article, get everyone's hopes up, then shit all over everything fuckin thing.

It's just a flesh wound.  Get back here and fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
It's just a flesh wound.  Get back here and fight.

No it isn't.  Yer arm's off!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
No it isn't.  Yer arm's off!
I've had worse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »
All I got say is if this Braden can catch along with block and he ends up being a TE, this would be the shiznit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
All I got say is if this Braden can catch along with block and he ends up being a TE, this would be the shiznit.

But his head needs to grow some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
But his head needs to grow some.

Nah, I'm sure the Auburn middle school down the road could hook him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
From the neck down, yowza,

But damn, I hate those knock off Amish chin beards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
I hereby proclaim Braden's x name be....peahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
I hereby proclaim Braden's x name be....peahead.

You go tell him. We'll wait for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
You go tell him. We'll wait for you at the hospital.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg