Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Any of you have Ebola yet?

Any of you have Ebola yet?
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
A 2nd nurse that cared for Duncan - the guy who came over here from Africa while infected with Ebola - has been diagnosed with the disease.  Further, she traveled on an airplane the day before she was diagnosed. 

Anyone else realize that Ebola rhymes with Obama? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Any of you have Ebola yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
This is unfolding like a bad sci-fi movie....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »
No question.  This thing already is bad but it could get out of hand over here, quick.  Scary stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:35:15 PM »
I fly out this Sunday for Edinburgh. I am not happy about the ebola.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »
No question.  This thing already is bad but it could get out of hand over here, quick.  Scary stuff.

And it doesnt HAVE to. But there is a shitload of complacency and incompetence going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
I fly out this Sunday for Edinburgh. I am not happy about the ebola.

Do you think the Ebola cares?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 02:31:55 PM »
Do you think the Ebola cares?

Are your sleepless nights also the ebola's sleepless nights?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 02:38:28 PM »
A 2nd nurse that cared for Duncan - the guy who came over here from Africa while infected with Ebola - has been diagnosed with the disease.  Further, she traveled on an airplane the day before she was diagnosed. 

Anyone else realize that Ebola rhymes with Obama?

The first nurse is already improving - upgraded to "good" today.

Getting Ebola in the US is a helluva lot different than contracting Ebola in a fifth world country. There it is a death sentence.  Here - a nasty situation but generally not lethal unless you have other problems as well - compromised immune system, liver issues, etc.  West Nile will kill more Americans that catch it than Ebola will.

Would I want to catch it by being exposed on a plane?  Hell no.  But it is not the lethal killer here that people are making it out to be based on what is happening in Africa.

But I still blame Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
Why the gov't (your president) isn't banning inbound flights from West Aftica--at least for a few weeks--is beyond me. I fully expect, as I said a few days ago, for there to be cases in our back yard soon. Already a scare in Mobile yesterday, from a lady who spoke Swahili and they couldn't communicate with. Turns out that she had flown into the country like 40 something days ago, which means that it wasn't ebola apparently.

Ban the damn flights and unless it's an American citizen, don't let them on U.S. soil. It's already here. I certainly don't see how it can hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
Why the gov't (your president) isn't banning inbound flights from West Aftica--at least for a few weeks--is beyond me. I fully expect, as I said a few days ago, for there to be cases in our back yard soon. Already a scare in Mobile yesterday, from a lady who spoke Swahili and they couldn't communicate with. Turns out that she had flown into the country like 40 something days ago, which means that it wasn't ebola apparently.

Ban the damn flights and unless it's an American citizen, don't let them on U.S. soil. It's already here. I certainly don't see how it can hurt.

Are most W. Africa countries muslim?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »

That would be too logical...and mean.  Barack doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and he may have to apologize later to the West African countries for stealing their ebola cases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
That would be too logical...and mean.  Barack doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and he may have to apologize later to the West African countries for stealing their ebola cases.

B-I-N-G-O
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
Yawl come visit, We thinnin out the population here in Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »
Was in the Dallas airport for six hours last Friday.  Should I call Ghostbusters? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
My wife is flying to Orlando tomorrow.  She better bathe in bleach before she comes back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »
Are most W. Africa countries muslim?

No. The Muslim countries are in North/Northeast Africa. Countries like Angola were Spanish/French/Portuguese colonies and they are predominantly Catholic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »
No one is immune to fear. That being said, I'll just leave this here...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:53:51 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »
The first nurse is already improving - upgraded to "good" today.

Getting Ebola in the US is a helluva lot different than contracting Ebola in a fifth world country. There it is a death sentence.  Here - a nasty situation but generally not lethal unless you have other problems as well - compromised immune system, liver issues, etc.  West Nile will kill more Americans that catch it than Ebola will.

Would I want to catch it by being exposed on a plane?  Hell no.  But it is not the lethal killer here that people are making it out to be based on what is happening in Africa.

But I still blame Obama.

It still has an "estimated" mortality rate of close to 50% in the US (estimated if we had a severe outbreak).

And even when you do survive, it leaves a lot of side effects in its wake that you carry the rest of your life. The best bet is still to keep it out of the US and eradicate what is already here. There is no reason why anyone here needs to get this disease. Keep it in the countries who do nothing right to try and prevent it.

The only of those west african countries that are mostly Christian is Liberia (for obvious reasons). The rest are majority muslim, especially Senegal and Sierra Leone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
The only of those west african countries that are mostly Christian is Liberia (for obvious reasons). The rest are majority muslim, especially Senegal and Sierra Leone.

Does the Koran have a chapter about drinking downstream of the poo?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
It still has an "estimated" mortality rate of close to 50% in the US (estimated if we had a severe outbreak).

And even when you do survive, it leaves a lot of side effects in its wake that you carry the rest of your life. The best bet is still to keep it out of the US and eradicate what is already here. There is no reason why anyone here needs to get this disease. Keep it in the countries who do nothing right to try and prevent it.

I was having this discussion last night - the concern for the US would be if people contracted the disease and overwhelmed the resources available.  Some of it would be media infused panic (ZOMG I SNEEZED IM GONNA DIEEEE), and resources would be wasted on people who didn't really need them.  Then when the real cases were unable to be quarantined because hospitals were packed and people start dying at home... there's your major crisis.  And yeah, a 50% mortality rate would be optimistic at that point.

In terms of geography, my mental picture of "the western part of Africa" and the actual geographic region that is officially called West Africa are different.  To me, Angola is west Africa, but the UN says it's "Middle Africa".  Whatever.  From the Wikis, the real identifier for religion is "sub-Saharan Africa". North of the Sahara is Muslim, south of the Sahara is Christian, and yeah, that makes sense, given the distance from the Middle East. 

African countries below the Sahara are largely Christian, while those above the Sahara, in North Africa, are predominantly Muslim. There are also Muslim majorities in parts of the Horn of Africa (Djibouti and Somalia) and in the Sahel and Sudan regions (the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Mali, Niger and Senegal), as well as significant Muslim communities in Ethiopia and Eritrea, and on the Swahili Coast (Tanzania and Kenya).

Best thing I can tell you from personal experience is to stay the hell out of ALL OF THEM.  If the land mines or the rebels or the Ebola don't get you, the malaria or the typhoid or the yellow fever will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions