Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Geek Squad!

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Geek Squad!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Can you dumb this down for me?  I'd prefer to not have to buy a new router.

If you mean dumb down the concept, each device is identified by an IP, which is just a set of numbers.  If two devices are assigned the same IP number on your wireless network, it can create issues.

By assigning a static IP or DHCP reservation, you are insuring that the device(s) gets the same IP number(s) each time it connects to the router, and therefore prevents any potential conflicts.

However, I somehow doubt it's an IP conflict, unless the conflict doesn't involve your PC.  If it involved your PC, a notification would pop up telling you that there is an IP conflict, so you would know it.  If the conflict is between your phone and a tablet, however, I don't know that either of those devices are set up to give you any notifications about IP conflicts, so it's possible that there is still an IP conflict issue.

If you mean dumb down how to actually create static IPs or DHCP reservations, well...that depends on what router you have, as each has a different method or menu location for changing that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:30:33 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
I went the lazy route: new router.

Problem solved.

Thanks for the effort, but I don't understand anything you geeks are talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »

Problem solved.

Thanks for the effort, but I don't understand anything you geeks are talking about.

He said close your eyes and open your mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
He said close your eyes and open your mouth.

That's all I heard too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 12:51:34 AM »

Problem solved.

Finally.  A man that takes charge around here. Cuts right through the problem and throws enough money at it to make the issue just go away,,,

I want to party with you, man...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions