Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Snoopy Dog's social media savvy

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Snoopy Dog's social media savvy
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »
Some of you should pay particular attention to the last sentence in this article.
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/228128/snoop-dogg-tweets-homophobic-rant-at-an-internet-commenter/

Snoop Dogg—or Snoop Lion, or Todd; whatever we’re calling him these days—might be losing his mind.

Last week he had us all chuckling with a parody of the ambiguously racist BlackPeopleMeet—the dating site for black people—with his character Todd, a white, nerdy spokesman for a fictitious startup WhiteGuysConnect. It was uncomfortable and weird and made an astute point: A dating site for white people only would be absurd. Then again, the black and white cultural experiences and histories are not the same.

Is BlackPeopleMeet ok? I don’t know, I’m not black—Snoop is, which is why his making a commentary on the whole thing seemed okay. That’s how these things work—you get to comment on and poke fun at the culture or subcultures to which you belong, and only those ones.

But Snoop is not gay. Which made his homophobic rant on Instagram and Twitter early Monday morning especially uncool.

About 12:30am Monday morning Snoop’s account posted a screengrab from another user’s account with the hate-speech: “U n ya boyfriend since u like Jumpn on my page disrespectin bitch boy go suck ya man n get off my line f. A. G.”
enhanced 11861 1410758815 1 Snoop Dogg tweets homophobic rant at an internet commenter

BuzzFeed reports he then tweeted a link to the Instagram post before removing both of them.
Screen Shot 2014 09 15 at 2.33.42 PM Snoop Dogg tweets homophobic rant at an internet commenter

After the posts were deleted the the internet effectively outraged, he tweeted what looks like a defiant non-apology. He posted it this with note: “Stay the fudge off my page wit Hate. Scams or jus negative bullshoot I’m on my peace n love thank U have a blessed day.”

Is the irony of fighting whatever hate he perceived as coming from the user with hate totally lost on Snoop? Is he losing his marbles?

Snoop is so great in so many ways. Mostly when he’s getting baked with people on the internet. Especially when he’s getting baked with Seth Rogen. But it’s 2014—using race and sexual orientation as fodder for insults is officially over the line.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:01:19 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Re: Snoopy Dog's social media savvy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »
But it’s 2014—using race and sexual orientation as fodder for insults is officially over the line.

Can we make fun of ragheads and jews?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »
Can we make fun of ragheads and jews?

and the Irish...Don't forget the Irish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »

Hey hey...I'm Irish.

And I think Irish jokes are friggin hilarious!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
No, no! We'll take the coloreds and chinks, but not the Irish!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."