Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Slumdog Saturday Picks

Re: Slumdog Saturday Picks
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
I don't know if he'll swallow on this one. But I'm going to save my gnat butter up, just in case.

Hell he better swallow, or it sounds like this one may blow up in his face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »
WT's advances aside, the line has dropped to 7.5, despite the public being 70% on Auburn.

Does that scare anyone?

70% of the people or 70% of the money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »

That's at least 46/77ths of the people poled.  Ouch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
That's at least 46/77ths of the people poled.  Ouch!

he said poled.....yeah yeah cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »
The money, I assume.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »
WT's advances aside, the line has dropped to 7.5, despite the public being 70% on Auburn.

Does that scare anyone?
Not really, just means bettors think it will be a close game and are taking the points.

45-17
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
You know, I think Ima go with 45-17. You heard it hear first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:09 PM »
The money, I assume.

Let me see where you are seeing this...curious.

I am seeing those types of numbers on the site I use, http://www.sportsinteraction.com/football/ncaa-betting-lines/ but that is the people, not the money
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:19:44 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »

I am seeing those types of numbers on the site I use, http://www.sportsinteraction.com/football/ncaa-betting-lines/ but that is the people, not the money

Not the be all end all but ESPN has it at 7.5
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »

A chat (that AWK is also in). They sent this screenshot. It's 69% now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
I suspect that is the %split on people and not % split on money. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »
As soon as they announced that Whitehead was out the line plummeted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
More betting terms I don't understand, but apparently the juice is +100 on Auburn (even money), -120 on KSU (bet $120 make $100), which apparently means Vegas is begging people to bet on Auburn. That's with the spread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »
More betting terms I don't understand, but apparently the juice is +100 on Auburn (even money), -120 on KSU (bet $120 make $100), which apparently means Vegas is begging people to bet on Auburn. That's with the spread.
Do you like to spread or being poled?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
Maybe it's just the money. I can't believe that it's this close. How in the hell people can see this being a less than 2 touchdown game is beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »

Juice is what it costs you to place the bet.....Most local books are gonna charge you 10% juice on your bet, meaning if you bet a $100.00 and win your bet then the bookie is gonna pay you $90.00 cause he is going to take his $10 of juice off the top of you winnings.

Juice varies and can actually get pretty expensive doing it online.

At the end of the day though bookies don't give a shit who wins or loses because in theory they have adjust the point spread to encourage equal monetary betting for both teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »
Juice is what it costs you to place the bet.....Most local books are gonna charge you 10% juice on your bet, meaning if you bet a $100.00 and win your bet then the bookie is gonna pay you $90.00 cause he is going to take his $10 of juice off the top of you winnings.

Juice varies and can actually get pretty expensive doing it online.

At the end of the day though bookies don't give a shoot who wins or loses because in theory they have adjust the point spread to encourage equal monetary betting for both teams.
I knew the juice part but splain this to me. Doesn't the surprisingly low spread indicate that there is more money being put on KS than on AU--Meaning they are trying to entice people to put more money on AU? Even though, we have the 70/30 split, they are still wanting people to bet AU, yes/no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Money line is ONLY concerned with who wins...No matter what the points are.  Think of this as your odds bets on a craps table. 

Auburn is the favored team due to the - sign.  Money line I am seeing is Auburn -305.  Money lines are expressed in denominations for  $100.   So in order to win $100 you will have to wager $305.  Understand this though, money lines use to NEVER be used with Football because there are usually plenty of points being scored.  Money lines were used with sports that don't have a lot of scoring.  ie baseball, soccer, etc.   

Knowing all that what does it tell us class?   That's right. 

It tells us that it's a sucker bet.  No matter which way you are going if you consistantly are betting more to win less you are gonna get fucked.  UGA come to mind.....So does Texas.  So does USCe a couple of weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
I knew the juice part but splain this to me. Doesn't the surprisingly low spread indicate that there is more money being put on KS than on AU--Meaning they are trying to entice people to put more money on AU? Even though, we have the 70/30 split, they are still wanting people to bet AU, yes/no?

No....You are confusing the people and the money.

70% of the people think Auburn is going to win.  That does not mean 70% of the money is on Auburn to cover the spread. 

Remember bookies don't give a shit who wins they just want $ bet on both sides.  Essentially they want the people who bet on Auburn and the people betting on KSU to exchange money minus their juice.  Sometimes they are gonna have people load up and hurt them in principle and sometime they are gonna win a lot of cast with betting being lopsided.  I think Hogwally and I about killed one in NW Arkansas one year.  No bookie will survive having extreme swings like that though.  They are like any other business.  They look to equalize their risk.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:57:07 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
Money line is ONLY concerned with who wins...No matter what the points are.  Think of this as your odds bets on a craps table. 

Auburn is the favored team due to the - sign.  Money line I am seeing is Auburn -305.  Money lines are expressed in denominations for  $100.   So in order to win $100 you will have to wager $305.  Understand this though, money lines use to NEVER be used with Football because there are usually plenty of points being scored.  Money lines were used with sports that don't have a lot of scoring.  ie baseball, soccer, etc.   

Knowing all that what does it tell us class?   That's right. 

It tells us that it's a sucker bet.  No matter which way you are going if you consistantly are betting more to win less you are gonna get fudgeed.  UGA come to mind.....So does Texas.  So does USCe a couple of weeks ago.
What you talking about Willis? I haven't placed a significant wager in a while but are you saying that if I place a 1k bet on AU tonight and we cover, that I won't get my $900?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions