Switch pitcher vs. switch hitter

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: What is the correct call here?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:12 AM »
I think once a pitch is thrown, you have to stay. But only after the first pitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »
I think once a pitch is thrown, you have to stay. But only after the first pitch.

I don't know the actual rule but I would think the batter is well within his rights to switch as long as the pitcher isn't on the rubber.  Notice that the pitcher never switches while he's on the rubber as that would be a balk.  My thoughts are the batter can switch to either side as long as the pitcher hasn't toe'd the rubber. If he tried, the umpire can allow the pitcher to go ahead with the pitch.  I may be wrong but I seem to recall times where they switch pitchers in the middle of an at bat and the batter switched sides because the new pitcher throws with the opposite arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:18:01 PM »
USSSA softball rule. I know different but a lot rules mirror baseball.

As long as the ball is not in play (Umpires puts ball in play for pitcher to pitch to batter) the batter may bat from either batters box. The batter may not switch to another batters box once the ball has been put in play or the pitch has been released. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'