Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ben Tate Makes Dumb Comment

Ben Tate Makes Dumb Comment
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »
Apparently, Ben Tate has told an Auburn beat writer that the players aren't happy with CTF not naming a starter.  I can't find the exact quote, but the Bunker has been in a total meltdown based on what he said.  His quote is something like, "The players know who should be starting, but Coach Franklin keeps doing his own thing." 

Why the fuck would you make a comment like that to the media? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
Re: Ben Tate Makes Dumb Comment
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:49:03 PM »
you mean this one???

* Most of the offensive players have spoken very diplomatically on the QB race. RB Ben Tate had a unique take: "Everybody's got their own opinions on it. I'm not really going to say mine. I think everybody can pretty much see who should be the guy out there."

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2008/08/sunday_notebook_no_qb_starter.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »
Yes, it was that one CHF, and frankly the meltdown is ridiculous.   The comment was made to Jason Caldwell, and while I can't post "premium" material here, let's just say that the comment you posted was only about half of what was said, and people bitching are taking it completely out of context.

Tate followed up that comment with a simple "It doesn't really matter who the QB will be though...."   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
you mean this one???

* Most of the offensive players have spoken very diplomatically on the QB race. RB Ben Tate had a unique take: "Everybody's got their own opinions on it. I'm not really going to say mine. I think everybody can pretty much see who should be the guy out there."

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2008/08/sunday_notebook_no_qb_starter.html

Not even a negative context in your al.com link....   People in the bunker need to chill the fuck out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
yeah, i think at the end of practice, they should flip a coin.  Is it really gonna matter who's name is announced at the stadium?

My little take on it is Burns will always be "Our Boy" cause he's been with us longer and got us a win.

Todd will likely be the outsider who is a lot like that Sunshine guy in Remember the Titans.  He'll come in for some series as will Burns.

I really don't care.  If one of your QB's is sucking, pull a Spurrier and pull his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
I just read all of Tate's comments on the QB.  If folks at the Bunker, or anywhere else are having a meltdown over what he said, they've got problems.  He basically said everyone, including him, has their own opinion about who the starter should be...but it doesn't matter because they both can get the job done.  The question about who the starter will be is posed to every coach and player interviewed, almost on a daily basis. 

You've got to spin HARD to turn those comments into something negative.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
The second half of Tate's quote was something to the effect of "It doesn't matter who it is, as long as we win the National Championship." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions