Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tony Stewart

jmar

Re: Tony Stewart
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
It's kind of Stewartlike to maybe dust a guy but not to do him harm. And he might have considered it in those moments only Ward kept advancing so dangerously close that he went under the car. And since Stewart made no damning statement no intent can be proven.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »
I STILL don't know who won the damn race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
I STILL don't know who won the damn race.

It was'nt Ward
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »
It was'nt Ward

I didn't even know they had drill presses on the track?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
Your gun scenario is not the same thing.  Now had a guy walked on to a gun range with 30 people shooting, and decided that he would just walk out in front of everyone just to yell at the person at the other end of the line, chances are he is going to get shot.  Not on purpose, but because the shooters are focused on the target, and that it is supposed to be a safe range.  Now you have guy thinking he can move out of the way of a bullet, and BOOM!  There goes his face.

If you don't want to get run over by a race car at a dirt track, then don't walk out on the track in front of all the cars.

Your gun range scenario assumes that Stewart didn't see Ward.  And while I don't know whether Stewart did or didn't see him, we do know that Stewart was aware that there was a wreck.  Other drivers went lower on the track than Stewart did.  Other drivers did not hit Ward.  And there was a caution, so it's not quite the same as people normally shooting at targets and assuming it's safe.

I certainly don't think Stewart wanted to hit the guy, but given his history, the ability of the other drivers to stay far away from the crash, the ability of the other drivers to not hit Ward, and the fact that Stewart revved his engine, I'm assuming (but am not claiming to know 100%) that he had the intent to scare Ward, throw dirt on him, or just "voice" his opinion/displeasure/whatever by revving the engine.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:59:07 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
Your gun range scenario assumes that Stewart didn't see Ward.  And while I don't know whether Stewart did or didn't see him, we do know that Stewart was aware that there was a wreck.  Other drivers went lower on the track than Stewart did.  Other drivers did not hit Ward.  And there was a caution, so it's not quite the same as people normally shooting at targets and assuming it's safe.

I certainly don't think Stewart wanted to hit the guy, but given his history, the ability of the other drivers to stay far away from the crash, the ability of the other drivers to not hit Ward, and the fact that Stewart revved his engine, I'm assuming (but am not claiming to know 100%) that he had the intent to scare Ward, throw dirt on him, or just "voice" his opinion/displeasure/whatever by revving the engine.

Ward also didn't put himself as close to them as he did Stewart's car. He singled him out and was looking for him evidenced by the hand gestures. It makes perfect sense that Stewart gunned it to the left to try and avoid hitting him when he saw the dummy was too close. On that kind of rear end (posi) with a banked track, if he gives it gas to the LEFT, the right tire ONLY would have had traction thus fish tailing the car back to the right afterwards.

To me, its just a sad and unfortunate accident. Tony meant no harm to this guy. And again, going back to the root cause, this guy's own negligence and stupidity caused it. Not Stewart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »
Ward also didn't put himself as close to them as he did Stewart's car. He singled him out and was looking for him evidenced by the hand gestures. It makes perfect sense that Stewart gunned it to the left to try and avoid hitting him when he saw the dummy was too close. On that kind of rear end (posi) with a banked track, if he gives it gas to the LEFT, the right tire ONLY would have had traction thus fish tailing the car back to the right afterwards.

To me, its just a sad and unfortunate accident. Tony meant no harm to this guy. And again, going back to the root cause, this guy's own negligence and stupidity caused it. Not Stewart.

It's hard to tell whether Ward put himself closer to Stewart.  Yeah, he was looking for him so as to point at him, and was moving down the track until at least right before the #45 car came by, but the fact that Stewart came so close is in part due to the fact that he was higher up on the track.  You can tell that Stewart is riding higher on the track than several of the other cars, including the #45 directly in front of him.  However, I don't know whether he was that high before he came into the frame, or whether he was lower on the track and then went higher in an attempt to "buzz" Ward.  The limited view and jittery camera work doesn't help to determine a lot of things.

But my main point is that if Stewart revved the engine in an attempt to swing the car so as to scare Ward, that's reckless.  And while Ward put himself in that situation, it's not fair to take all blame off of Stewart for doing something dumb if he was aware of Ward being on the track and was trying to scare him.  Again, I don't know that's what happened, but like jmar said, it's certainly not unlike Stewart and isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

It's sort of like saying that a kid was stupid for playing in the street, and that a driver who hits the kid because they wanted to get as close as possible to scare them from ever wanting to play in the street again is not in the wrong or culpable to any degree for the resulting death of the kid.  Person A's initial stupidity/recklessness does not give Person B free reign to do whatever and not be held liable.  You still have the responsibility to act reasonably and avoid causing harm.  Whether you're able to reasonably do so is certainly a defense, but that defense usually goes out the window if you also act recklessly.  At that point in time, comparative or contributory negligence (depending on the state) would determine Stewart's civil liability, and it would also play a part if any criminal charges were brought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »
It's hard to tell whether Ward put himself closer to Stewart.  Yeah, he was looking for him so as to point at him, and was moving down the track until at least right before the #45 car came by, but the fact that Stewart came so close is in part due to the fact that he was higher up on the track.  You can tell that Stewart is riding higher on the track than several of the other cars, including the #45 directly in front of him.  However, I don't know whether he was that high before he came into the frame, or whether he was lower on the track and then went higher in an attempt to "buzz" Ward.  The limited view and jittery camera work doesn't help to determine a lot of things.

But my main point is that if Stewart revved the engine in an attempt to swing the car so as to scare Ward, that's reckless.  And while Ward put himself in that situation, it's not fair to take all blame off of Stewart for doing something dumb if he was aware of Ward being on the track and was trying to scare him.  Again, I don't know that's what happened, but like jmar said, it's certainly not unlike Stewart and isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

It's sort of like saying that a kid was stupid for playing in the street, and that a driver who hits the kid because they wanted to get as close as possible to scare them from ever wanting to play in the street again is not in the wrong or culpable to any degree for the resulting death of the kid.  Person A's initial stupidity/recklessness does not give Person B free reign to do whatever and not be held liable.  You still have the responsibility to act reasonably and avoid causing harm.  Whether you're able to reasonably do so is certainly a defense, but that defense usually goes out the window if you also act recklessly.  At that point in time, comparative or contributory negligence (depending on the state) would determine Stewart's civil liability, and it would also play a part if any criminal charges were brought.

If I would on trial, I would want you as my lawyer. At least you would bullshit everyone to death for longer than any other lawyer. I would at least have those extra months out on bail...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
If I would on trial, I would want you as my lawyer. At least you would bullshit everyone to death for longer than any other lawyer. I would at least have those extra months out on bail...
Fact Shark Week

Plus he's so tiny you can almost put him in your pocket.  Tiny pocket lawyer!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

I Googled, "Who gives a shit?"

My name didn't come up.

Is that short enough, or should I post a picture of me throwing a ring into a volcano?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 04:37:01 PM »
I Googled, "Who gives a shit?"

My name didn't come up.

Is that short enough, or should I post a picture of me throwing a ring into a volcano?

Ring into a volcano....are you talking about your penis ring again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
If I would on trial, I would want you as my lawyer. At least you would bullshoot everyone to death for longer than any other lawyer. I would at least have those extra months out on bail...
Talk about getting fucked by a lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Vandy Vol

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »
Ring into a volcano....are you talking about your penis ring again?

I let Jumbo borrow it, so I had to destroy it.  Didn't want Sani to catch anything...again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
this thread keeps taking a left turn.  round and round.  fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:15 PM »
Don't argue with VV - little fella is an expert on getting runt-over by dudes on a muddy track
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »
Stewart needs to hire a lawyer that cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.