Tony Stewart video that killed driver.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Tony Stewart
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »
There's one more dumbass removed from the gene pool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
Maybe the lawyers of the board can opine, but it seems like this video shows that drivers had the ability to avoid the idiot and Tony Stewart made no effort to.  Further, from the audio, you can hear Stewart's engine get louder as he speeds into the guy.  Would this be evidence for a manslaughter charge?

On second thought, it was night time, a dirt track, and the guy was wearing a black suit.  Stewart probably really didn't see the guy there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:14:57 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
The dipshit should have stayed in his car. Young punks have got to recognize that no one bows up on Smoke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 12:28:46 PM »
Maybe the lawyers of the board can opine, but it seems like this video shows that drivers had the ability to avoid the idiot and Tony Stewart made no effort to.  Further, from the audio, you can hear Stewart's engine get louder as he speeds into the guy.  Would this be evidence for a manslaughter charge?
It looked/sounded to me like Stewart was trying to avoid the guy when you hear the engine revving and can see his car swerve.

Agree the guy's a dumbass for walking accross a track during a race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
It looked/sounded to me like Stewart was trying to avoid the guy when you hear the engine revving and can see his car swerve.

Agree the guy's a dumbass for walking accross a track during a race.

According to other drivers, a sprint car will have the back end slightly fishtail, or "swerve," when you hit the throttle and rev the engine.  Also according to other drivers, Tony Stewart was revving his engine as a means of responding to Kevin Ward's gestures.  There's no other reason to suddenly and briefly rev your engine while under caution.

Stewart, having grown up driving these sprint cars, was at least reckless because he knew how the car would react and shouldn't have attempted such a maneuver while going by a driver.  Of course, Ward contributed to this by being on the track in the first place, but Stewart certainly didn't help the situation by making his car fish tail while driving by him.

Only Stewart knows, but I don't think it was intentional.  Nonetheless, he's well known for being a hothead and probably made a reckless decision that he shouldn't have made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:28 AM »
I smell a payday coming for someone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:26:18 AM »
According to other drivers, a sprint car will have the back end slightly fishtail, or "swerve," when you hit the throttle and rev the engine.  Also according to other drivers, Tony Stewart was revving his engine as a means of responding to Kevin Ward's gestures.  There's no other reason to suddenly and briefly rev your engine while under caution.

Stewart, having grown up driving these sprint cars, was at least reckless because he knew how the car would react and shouldn't have attempted such a maneuver while going by a driver.  Of course, Ward contributed to this by being on the track in the first place, but Stewart certainly didn't help the situation by making his car fish tail while driving by him.

Only Stewart knows, but I don't think it was intentional.  Nonetheless, he's well known for being a hothead and probably made a reckless decision that he shouldn't have made.

I think getting out of your car and placing yourself in the middle of a race track to try and prove to the small town crowd what a badass you are to Tony Stewart, was much more of a reckless decision. This was an accident caused by the guy's own stupidity. Darwin Award Candidate even. In the end, the ultimate root cause of the whole thing was his decision to jump out of his car and into traffic.

The way the car swerved (with the posi trac rear that sprint cars have) indicate he tried to accelerate the car in the OTHER direction to try and avoid the idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »

The way the car swerved (with the posi trac rear that sprint cars have) indicate he tried to accelerate the car in the OTHER direction to try and avoid the idiot.

Thank you, Ms. Vito.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:36:03 AM »
Thank you, Ms. Vito.

Maybe I said it because Ive done it. Its how they operate. Sue me.

But hey, you guys enjoy your witch hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »
Maybe I said it because Ive done it. Its how they operate. Sue me.

But hey, you guys enjoy your witch hunt.

Fuck's sake.  I don't have a dog in the fight here.  I just heard "posi-trac" in Tomei's voice when I read your post.

Commence with the unbunching of thou breeches.

The goddamned football season cannot start one second too soon.  Everybody is so fucking wound up lately.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:42:58 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Fuck's sake.  I don't have a dog in the fight here.  I just heard "posi-trac" in Tomei's voice when I read your post.

Commence with the unbunching of thou breeches.

The goddamned football season cannot start one second too soon.  Everybody is so fucking wound up lately.
What's a yewt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:13 AM »
I think getting out of your car and placing yourself in the middle of a race track to try and prove to the small town crowd what a badass you are to Tony Stewart, was much more of a reckless decision. This was an accident caused by the guy's own stupidity. Darwin Award Candidate even. In the end, the ultimate root cause of the whole thing was his decision to jump out of his car and into traffic.

I'm just going by what the other drivers have said, but I also personally (without having any firsthand knowledge about these cars) don't see why one would have to accelerate in order to steer the car away from an obstacle.  The car in front of Stewart didn't do it.  And they're under caution, so there shouldn't be any need to do anything other than steer the car.  It's not like he was going 100MPH and had to do something special with the car to make it avoid a human.

As far as the guy being on the track, yes, it was reckless.  But again, doesn't change the fact that Stewart made a poor decision to rev his engine at the guy in order to try to show him that he's the bigger bad ass (again, assuming that's what he did, according to the other drivers and based on Stewart's history of assholery).  If a guy's hunting and has his rifle aimed, and you walk in front of him pointing your finger at him to show your displeasure of his hunting, that's a dumb decision.  But it doesn't mean that the hunter is making a sound decision when he decides to pull the trigger while you're still standing in front of him, thinking that he would be able to miss you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:33 AM »
Once again we are judging intent and that's hard to do. Just like with the cases of forgetting kids left in the car, etc.

I don't believe Stewart hit him on purpose but who knows? Dude was in a black suit on a dimly lit track. I'm HOPING it was an accident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
Once again we are judging intent and that's hard to do. Just like with the cases of forgetting kids left in the car, etc.

I don't believe Stewart hit him on purpose but who knows? Dude was in a black suit on a dimly lit track. I'm HOPING it was an accident.

Other drivers have also said that peripheral vision in those cars are for shit.  So it is very possible he did not see him until the last minute and tried to avoid him.  I know they weren't going 100 mph but they figured to be going 40-50 and even at that speed catching something out of the corner of your eye would make you react.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
The tires on those things are wider too, and one report on ESPN said that's what clipped the guy - the outer rim of the tire.

Should have followed track safety rules and stayed in his damn car.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
All I heard was one dumbass got out of his car and died and one dumbass stayed in his car and lived....just sayin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
I'm just going by what the other drivers have said, but I also personally (without having any firsthand knowledge about these cars) don't see why one would have to accelerate in order to steer the car away from an obstacle.  The car in front of Stewart didn't do it.  And they're under caution, so there shouldn't be any need to do anything other than steer the car.  It's not like he was going 100MPH and had to do something special with the car to make it avoid a human.

As far as the guy being on the track, yes, it was reckless.  But again, doesn't change the fact that Stewart made a poor decision to rev his engine at the guy in order to try to show him that he's the bigger bad ass (again, assuming that's what he did, according to the other drivers and based on Stewart's history of assholery).  If a guy's hunting and has his rifle aimed, and you walk in front of him pointing your finger at him to show your displeasure of his hunting, that's a dumb decision.  But it doesn't mean that the hunter is making a sound decision when he decides to pull the trigger while you're still standing in front of him, thinking that he would be able to miss you.

Your gun scenario is not the same thing.  Now had a guy walked on to a gun range with 30 people shooting, and decided that he would just walk out in front of everyone just to yell at the person at the other end of the line, chances are he is going to get shot.  Not on purpose, but because the shooters are focused on the target, and that it is supposed to be a safe range.  Now you have guy thinking he can move out of the way of a bullet, and BOOM!  There goes his face.

If you don't want to get run over by a race car at a dirt track, then don't walk out on the track in front of all the cars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips