Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

239?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
239?
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. piece on the scrimmage and our young backs getting the carries.  Kamryn Pettway at 239?  Prattville product....no? I'm guessing that if he was on campus all summer like most of the other freshmen, he's been under the iron fist of our strength corch and that's a solid 239.  Hell, I wish for linebackers that big.  Anywhoze...

The first scrimmage of Auburn's training camp put the spotlight on the trio of freshman running backs vying for carries in a crowded Tigers backfield.

Peyton Barber, Roc Thomas and Kamryn Pettway each got roughly 10 carries, with mixed results.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn believes in throwing his youngsters into the fire early to figure out where they fit in the offense.

"Any time you have young backs, you give them the football in these first scrimmages and they get tackled, they get hit and you see how they respond," Malzahn said. "A lot of times, too, those guys get excited and they rush things a little bit, maybe get to the hole quicker."

Auburn already has two experienced seniors in Corey Grant and Cameron Artis-Payne, who didn't get much work on Wednesday, and the trio of freshmen are competing for the right to battle those two for carries once the season begins on Aug. 30.

Barber, who redshirted last year and put together an impressive spring before a high ankle sprain at A-Day, didn't have much running room on Wednesday.

"It was kind of slow today, I'm not going to lie," Barber said. "I felt like I did what I could."

Barber was impressed by what Thomas and Pettway, Auburn's pair of true freshmen, brought to the table.

"Roc and Kamryn Pettway, those guys are really good. Their vision in the hole and just the way they manuever, they're just really good at it," Barber said. "So I definitely feel like I have competition which makes me play better."

The older backs have taken notice of Thomas and Pettway, too.

"They're not struggling to grasp the offense," Artis-Payne said. "They still need to learn some nuances of the game, but as far as talent they're as talented as everybody else."

Both players could fill specialized roles if need be. Pettway, at 239 pounds, instantly became Auburn's biggest back -- Barber checks in at 225 -- and Thomas, a burner, reminds Grant a little of himself.

The jewel of Auburn's offensive recruiting class, Thomas has been highly-touted ever since National Signing Day, and he showed some flashes in Wednesday's scrimmage, according to Malzahn and Barber.

"He's got ability, there's no doubt about that," Malzahn said. "It's really good for him, for Peyton and for Pettway, all three of those guys really got a chance to show what they can do and gave us some information."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."