Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TMNT

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
TMNT
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
Is there an excitement for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot at all? 

I feel none whatsoever.  I expect the movie to bomb in a major way. 

I know it has the Michael Bay/Transformers boost.  But I'm not moved by Will Arnett, Whoopi Bitch Goldberg or Meagan Fox as the acting anchors.  And the turtles look stupid. 

It doesn't really have a lot of competition the weekend it opens.  Twister 2 (or whatever that tornado movie with Whori from Walking Dead) and Step Up #19 are about the only legitimate threats that open the same day.  So unless Guardians holds it off, it will probably win the weekend but I really don't expect it to do much after that. 

And speaking of movies I don't see the need for?

The latest rumor has FatASS McCarthy on as a Ghostbuster in the upcoming Busters 3, now said to have an all-female busting cast.  The idea of bringing Ghostbusters back after the death of Ramis is a monumentally bad one.  Just leave it alone.  If that bloated slab of whale blubber IS the lead?  I definitely won't watch it and will consider suing. 

There's also a Night at the Museum 3 coming out outlining clearly for all to see how useless Ben Stiller and Robin Williams have become.  Look for a Tropic Thunder 2 starring Stiller, Nick Swardson, Margaret Cho, Dice Clay, Michael Richards and Larry the Cable Guy.  Featuring Sinbad hilariously playing a white guy and Tyler Perry as an Afghani woman.  Cameos by Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn and a constantly slumming Robert DeNiro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: TMNT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:11 AM »
You forgot Top Gun 2

and as someone who loved TMNT as a kid...the new movie looks horrendous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

Re: TMNT
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:44 AM »
I took the kids to the drive in last night to see this.  It was good to watch with the kids because they enjoyed it, and it had some funny parts.  Overall I would watch it again.  Every fight scene, I thought I waswatching Transformers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips