Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

LB Minus Jake = Light Years

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
LB Minus Jake = Light Years
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
"I think Coach Johnson would say we're light-years ahead of where we were last year with our linebacker situation, because he knows more about them," Malzahn said. "He's got some flexibility with our other guys, too."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/07/auburn_light-years_ahead_of_wh.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: LB Minus Jake = Light Years
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:39 AM »
"I think Coach Johnson would say we're light-years ahead of where we were last year with our linebacker situation, because he knows more about them," Malzahn said. "He's got some flexibility with our other guys, too."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/07/auburn_light-years_ahead_of_wh.html

I've about had enough of this. 

If you'll just lay down, I'll jump on top of you and claim an assist, ok?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »

I like that we have big hitting safeties in support, especially with a number of new QBs breaking into the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
I like that we have big hitting safeties in support, especially with a number of new QBs breaking into the league.

This is how I'm rationalizing my optimism in the face of losing Ford and Lawson.  The new QBs are less likely to carve us up the way Manziel, Murray, Mett and McTatt did.  These guys were experienced enough to face a pass rush and get the ball out successfully.  The inexperienced AU secondary (and MIA linebacking corps) needed a strong push by the defensive front so that they didn't have to cover very long. 

This year the QBs are green, the AU LB'ers are more experienced/talented/plentiful and the secondary is all grown up.  This means that Johnson can bring more diverse blitz packages and lean on his secondary a bit more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »
This is how I'm rationalizing my optimism in the face of losing Ford and Lawson.  The new QBs are less likely to carve us up the way Manziel, Murray, Mett and McTatt did.  These guys were experienced enough to face a pass rush and get the ball out successfully.  The inexperienced AU secondary (and MIA linebacking corps) needed a strong push by the defensive front so that they didn't have to cover very long. 

This year the QBs are green, the AU LB'ers are more experienced/talented/plentiful and the secondary is all grown up.  This means that Johnson can bring more diverse blitz packages and lean on his secondary a bit more.

Aren't you forgetting that Jacob Coker would start for 24 NFL teams right now today?  He'd be neck and neck with Drew Brees, Cam, Russell Wilson and Colin Shortpantsernick, too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »

I love the blitz.  It makes me moist.  I hope our D turns a few of those baby QBs into David Carr - hearing footsteps off his blindside in his sleep every night, and going fetal after every snap during the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »
I love the blitz.  It makes me moist.  I hope our D turns a few of those baby QBs into David Carr - hearing footsteps off his blindside in his sleep every night, and going fetal after every snap during the game.

I tend to range between a realist and a pessimist when it comes to our D.  I hope this^^^ is the case but until I see an Auburn defense start getting after people again, as was the case in Tuberville's tenure, I don't hold out much hope of a trip to the playoffs.  Now granted, Jake IS gone.  That does cause a mild tingle in the crotchorial region.  But I have to ask why he was not only playing, but starting in the first place. Were we just that bad at LB?  They said he knew the calls...and the format.  Well, does that mean the others were brain dead?  If so, hopefully they got gooder with their smarts.

We gave up 25 ppg. last season.  Get that number under 20 and we play for it all. Keep it at 25 or higher, we lose at least 3 with this schedule. 

Now, what has been getting my panties all slippery and wet are the nightly replays of great games from last season ESPN has been playing. LSU/UGA.....Meatchicken/Penn. State....UGA/UT....All great games and even though I watched all of them last year and know who won, I'm checking them out like it's real time.  Don't players report this Thursday?  Officially I mean.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »

Don't players report this Thursday?  Officially I mean.
Yes but not until this. Just sign the pledge Marshal
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:29:52 PM by chityeah »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions