Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Best Show Evah...

Re: Best Show Evah...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
You all have some long lists for "best ever."

Mine goes like this:

1.  Metallica - 1998(ish) in Atlanta.  My dad's big into rock and metal music so we would go to concerts together.  My second time seeing Metallica was the biggest and best show I have ever seen.  I'm not much of a fan of theirs anymore, but I can still remember the feeling of awe and the energy and the lights and bombs and fire and intensity and everything else that came with a Metallica show.

2. Sigur Ros - 2006 in Atlanta.  Simply a beautiful show in a beautiful setting (the art museum).  The visuals on the big screens that accompanied their music created more of a story than just a music show. 

3.  Radiohead - 2005(maybe 2004) in Atlanta.  Innovative.  Exciting.  Cogent.  Not much beats a Radiohead performance.

4.  Tommy Emmanuel - 2001 at Indian Springs.  The best show I've ever seen by him.  I heard him say a few years later that he felt so on fire that night that he played an extra 30 minutes of music. 

5.  Styx - Whenever the last City Stages was.  Nostalgia at its best.  My mom was a huge Styx fan, so I remember listening to their cassettes as a kid.  Getting to see them live 20 years later was tremendous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
You all have some long lists for "best ever."

Mine goes like this:

1.  Metallica - 1998(ish) in Atlanta.  My dad's big into rock and metal music so we would go to concerts together.  My second time seeing Metallica was the biggest and best show I have ever seen.  I'm not much of a fan of theirs anymore, but I can still remember the feeling of awe and the energy and the lights and bombs and fire and intensity and everything else that came with a Metallica show.

2. Sigur Ros - 2006 in Atlanta.  Simply a beautiful show in a beautiful setting (the art museum).  The visuals on the big screens that accompanied their music created more of a story than just a music show. 

3.  Radiohead - 2005(maybe 2004) in Atlanta.  Innovative.  Exciting.  Cogent.  Not much beats a Radiohead performance.

4.  Tommy Emmanuel - 2001 at Indian Springs.  The best show I've ever seen by him.  I heard him say a few years later that he felt so on fire that night that he played an extra 30 minutes of music. 

5.  Styx - Whenever the last City Stages was.  Nostalgia at its best.  My mom was a huge Styx fan, so I remember listening to their cassettes as a kid.  Getting to see them live 20 years later was tremendous.
Tommy Emmanuel plays a G chord the same way I do. He's copied some of my style but I'm just glad it helps to promote the arts and to help the boy progress in his picking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 02:40:35 PM »
Billy Joel-once at Fosters, then the Stranger Tour in Birmingham
Kiss- carried my little sisters...rockin' loud with a shitload of painted-up pre-teens in the crowd
ELO
Led Zeppelin -1976 maybe
Springsteen

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:05:09 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:04 PM »
Joe Joe Joe Diffie
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »
Oh you ain't never met Martin Luther the King
Knocked the wind out of me. Yes he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
Knocked the wind out of me. Yes he did.

Hey waiter, taste the soup...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
Little Feat at The Fox in Atlanta. Waiting for Columbus tour with the Tower of Power Band. Holy shit! Too many others to mention because I would have to think about it. Was completely stoned and had to sell my stash of acid. Mothers Finest ALWAYS put on a rocking show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
Little Feat at The Fox in Atlanta. Waiting for Columbus tour with the Tower of Power Band. Holy shit! Too many others to mention because I would have to think about it. Was completely stoned and had to sell my stash of acid. Mothers Finest ALWAYS put on a rocking show.

Clear window pane.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'