Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

To All Members Here Held Hostage.....

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
Re: To All Members Here Held Hostage.....
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
So wait a second... they had owners, with shares?  I mean I'm pretty dumb on some things and shit, but was this like a fuckin NFL team or something?  This sounds like some dude playing that monopoly board game and making up rules as they go along.

Do these "shares" have any monetary value?  Did that site make money?  Do they have a board of governors or some weird shit?  Not that it fucking matters or anything, it's just that its a slow work day and some info would keep my little hampster brain working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
I feel like I fit in better over here anyway.
You have my sympathies...  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2008, 05:00:15 PM »
So wait a second... they had owners, with shares?  I mean I'm pretty dumb on some things and shit, but was this like a fuckin NFL team or something?  This sounds like some dude playing that monopoly board game and making up rules as they go along.

Do these "shares" have any monetary value?  Did that site make money?  Do they have a board of governors or some weird shit?  Not that it fucking matters or anything, it's just that its a slow work day and some info would keep my little hampster brain working.
The original owner was bitching he was going to shut down the site, that the money he spent on AUN was keeping him from feeding his family.  Several of us stepped up and offered to help underwrite the costs of the board in exchange for haivng some say-so in how it was run.  In a nutshell, we paid our money, he took the money, and nothing else changed.  The site never made a penny, but we were actually okay with it.  However, he did what he wanted, said what he wanted, etc.  and that started pissing us off. 

The straw that broke the camel's back was that without the input or consent of the financial contributors, he got the AUN Ownership group invoved tangentially in the fight between CTT and the University during his contract negotiations, using his so-called "inside-contacts-that-he-couldn't-identify-but-trust-him-they-are-really-important people-no-really-they-are-in-the-inner-circle-and-they-talk-to-me-because-I-blow-them-am-the-all-important-owner-of-an-Auburn-fan-website."  Needless to say, the rest of us did not appreciate the involvement in a private matter between an employee and his boss, and told him so.  We rabblerousers got banned, suspended, had our owner administration "powers" (for lack of a better word) removed, and were generally shat upon because we called him out and told him that he was not the unilateral decision maker for AUN any longer.

So most of us quit.  I myself have not been back over there one time since sometime last year, and I won't go back until David is no longer associated wtih the site in any way, shape, form or fashion.  I still like a lot of the people that post there, but I will not go back. 

I honestly think this little war between AUN and The X is stupid on both sides and wish it would just stop.  I love it here at the X - most of the people I love and care about are over here now and that is enough for me - and should be enough for everyone else too.  it sounds like two little girls squabbling over which of them is going to be the new girl in school's best friend.  Why do people have to choose sides?  Can't people post both places if they so choose?  Just because the original members here (myself included) could give two shits about the other place and their management, doesn't preclude anyone else from going both places. 

Having said that, why are we even discussing them over here? 

I have said my piece and counted to three, and I am done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »
...oh.... well thanks, now I know and knowing is half the battle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
I guess so.  I didn't really attack any of the dumbass posters over there.  Oh well FUCK THEM, I feel like I fit in better over here anyway.
Welcome home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
Can't people post both places if they so choose?  Just because the original members here (myself included) could give two shits about the other place and their management, doesn't preclude anyone else from going both places.
Nope. Posting here is a bannable offense over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »
Nope. Posting here is a bannable offense over there.
But it isn't HERE.  That's our moral high ground.  It's been stated for the record now.  Let's leave it at that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »

the people I love and care about are over here now and that is enough for me -

I had no idea you cared about little 'ol me that much!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2008, 08:40:09 PM »
I had no idea you cared about little 'ol me that much!!!

That wasn't all inclusive - freaking Chubbie fan...  :box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2008, 09:10:41 PM »
ok...help out a newbie.  What is aun? and what exactly is the problem here?  I found this site a while back and registered but never posted.  This has me curious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »
ok...help out a newbie.  What is aun? and what exactly is the problem here?  I found this site a while back and registered but never posted.  This has me curious.
Aw. Like a young child asking what is rape.
No need to introduce you to such horrors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »
The difference between here and there could be this....

TigersX - Watching and talking football with your buddies.  You cuss a little, might see some nakedness, get a little punch in the arm to test you out, but ultimately, short of drinking a beer over the web, you can have some open fun.  You can talk like you're an adult and be treated accordingly. 

AUNation.net - Like going to your grandparents house to watch a game, and you have to sit there bottled up as not to offend Aunt Bonnie and your weird cousin that has her two little children playing in the floor in front of you.  ....and screw beer, it's cranberry juice my friend, and you can bet you better not get any on the plastic couch cover!

Welcome to the X!  Have fun and have at it!     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »
Nice analogy, Tan my man.  That sums it up well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:31 AM »
Tanman I enjoyed your breakdown and I 100% agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »
my .o2

1. Anyone who goes whining to a mod because someone sent them a pm asking them to visit another message board is a pussy.

2. I do see wht aun would be pissed whn they found out but handling it with a few pm's would be fine imo. titan can never seem to resist the opportunity to pontificate.

3. Posting pm's on an open forum is just plain uncool unless it is a pm you sent out yourself. I had it done tro me once by a huge fucking asshole who went by the moniker of village x over at plain village or whatever the fuck his place was called. He was a shit sucking bammer who had absolutely no class. I have been waiting for a while to get that one off my chance in the manner I just did, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying that anyone who posts pm is equated with the guy I dealt with years ago. Each situation is different and I can see why some here are so pissed about the way certain things were handled over yonder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »
How do you know if you've been banned?  Do they send you an email or just make it to where you can't log in anymore?  Because my username and password doesn't work anymore.  If they kicked me out then fuck them, if not then I will continue doing my hit and run attacks.

I went a checked out of curiosity and it doesn't say you are banned.

Now Chizad and Chop on the other hand...they get a big ole "Banned" under their username.

Now, damn you guys for making me go over there again. I almost made a post because it took me all of 2 seconds to find a dumbass post from somebody that I wanted to correct...but I resisted the urge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
My take:

I was never an "owner" of that site.  I was merely invited to participate in the discussion on the hidden forum.  I was surprised and dismayed at the treatment of a particular group of owners at the hands of the site's founder and his minions.  I voiced my displeasure and became a target for their moderation.  The point of contention was in the dissemination of the facts behind the falling out.  The side with the ability to re-write the history books refused to allow any conflicting accounts to be made public.

I violated no board rules, but repeatedly had my posts altered or deleted.  I again voiced my displeasure and my posts were again altered or deleted, rinse and repeat.  At one point I could not post without a moderator (presumably TitanTiger) approving my posts first.  Let me reiterate: I violated no rules.  There was no nudity, profanity or other prohibited speech.  When I challenged TitanTiger to justify his latest assault upon my board privileges he simply said that the moderators have the ability to do what they deem necessary (note: he was not able to point to any rule that I violated, which would have necessitated moderator interference).

I finally had enough of being treated as though I were a child and requested that TitanTiger delete my account.  I have been AUNation free for a long while now and it feels good.

I hereby offer the floor to TitanTiger to attempt to retort.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »
My take:

I was never an "owner" of that site.  I was merely invited to participate in the discussion on the hidden forum.  I was surprised and dismayed at the treatment of a particular group of owners at the hands of the site's founder and his minions.  I voiced my displeasure and became a target for their moderation.  The point of contention was in the dissemination of the facts behind the falling out.  The side with the ability to re-write the history books refused to allow any conflicting accounts to be made public.

I violated no board rules, but repeatedly had my posts altered or deleted.  I again voiced my displeasure and my posts were again altered or deleted, rinse and repeat.  At one point I could not post without a moderator (presumably TitanTiger) approving my posts first.  Let me reiterate: I violated no rules.  There was no nudity, profanity or other prohibited speech.  When I challenged TitanTiger to justify his latest assault upon my board privileges he simply said that the moderators have the ability to do what they deem necessary (note: he was not able to point to any rule that I violated, which would have necessitated moderator interference).

I finally had enough of being treated as though I were a child and requested that TitanTiger delete my account.  I have been AUNation free for a long while now and it feels good.

I hereby offer the floor to TitanTiger to attempt to retort.
Ah yes, I had the mod approval for a while too as punishment for posting this in my sig after they suspended you for absolutely nothing.

I stayed around just to lurk, and post maybe once a month or so to shut a bammer's idiocy down with a one sentence post. I felt it my duty, as no one still over there has the wit or intelligence to do so, but rather let the bammers run the asylum. I did this until the tragic events of 8/20 (Nevar Forget) in which I was de-Barned for the great PM scandal (of 8 months ago). Again, no rules were broken, except trying to offer facts that dispute the pathetic claims of libel he stickied in five forums.

Titan, care to rebut?

Didn't think so.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:38:11 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »
Titan just pm'd me and told me he is too busy sucking a dick to respond, sorry guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.