Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ten most wanted

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Ten most wanted
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »
This article reiterates what my sources are also indicating.
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/The-10-Most-Wanted-Auburn-recruiting-targets-29161049

The 10 Most Wanted

Keith Niebuhr
Jun 16, 8:56 AM
Today, we present Auburn’s 10 Most Wanted prospects. To compile this, we’ve considered where each player sits on the Auburn board, Auburn's need at the position, the Tigers' chances of landing the prospect as well as the player’s skill set. This list is extremely fluid. In recruiting, things can change on both sides in an instant. One other thing to remember: We aren't in meetings with the Auburn staff. This is our list -- not its. Auburn has 15 commitments at the moment. At this time, the Tigers expect to sign between 23 and 25 prospects.

Trent Thompson (left) and Daron Payne are Auburn's top DL targets.

Auburn's 10 most wanted

1. DT, Trent Thompson, Westover (Albany, GA): The No. 1 prospect in the 247Composite, Thompson has Georgia No. 1 and Auburn at No. 2. In recent interviews, he told AUC the Tigers were “close” to the Dawgs. Thompson attended Big Cat Weekend, then visited Auburn twice more the following week. Over the weekend, Thompson was in Athens, and was said to be recruiting for the Dawgs.

2. OT, Martez Ivey, Apopka (Apopka, FL): A 5-star prospect and elite OT recruit, Ivey visited Auburn in Febuary and came away impressed. He plans to officially visit the Tigers, and possibly could visit again before then — probably in July. Ivey is teammates with Auburn 3-back target Chandler Cox. Ivey has been on top of the Auburn OL board for awhile, and the Tigers have made him a major priority. This is an Auburn-Florida battle right now.

3. OLB, Jeffery Holland, Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL): The No. 4 OLB in the 247Composite, Holland made his fourth visit to Auburn — and third this year — last Friday. He first named Auburn his leader in April. Florida is close behind and this is a dogfight. Holland probably won’t announce until late fall at the earliest. Holland is friends and teammates with Auburn commit Ben Edwards. Also, Holland's uncle played basketball at Auburn in the 1980s.

4. DT, Daron Payne, Shades Valley (Birmingham, AL): Alabama seems to be trending, but after Payne attended Big Cat Weekend on May 31 at Auburn, he said the two programs were even. Payne is difficult to read, but as long as he keeps visiting you have to figure the Tigers at least have a shot

5. WR, Christian Kirk Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ): The No. 5 WR in the 247Sports Composite is new to this list, but not to the Auburn board. The Tigers have always liked him, and when he visited in late May that made it clear the feelings were mutual. Texas A&M and Ohio State are Auburn’s main competition. The Crystal Ball favors the Aggies over the field by a large margin.

6. LB, Richard McBryde, Charles Henderson (Troy, AL): The 4-star OLB target has visited the Tigers multiple times (including Friday) and has Auburn a good bit in front of everyone else. AUC has McBryde on commit watch, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if something went down soon

7. CB, Darius Slayton, Greater Atlanta Christian School (Norcross, GA): Slayton is a 4-star prospect who combines excellent speed with a great frame. Auburn was really the first high-level program to recruit him, and now many others have followed suit. The Tigers like their positioning here, but know Georgia is a threat since the Dawgs also are actively recruiting one of his teammates.

8. DE, D'Andre Walker, Langston Hughes (Fairburn, GA): Things apparently cooled between Walker and Auburn this spring, but AUC has learned the Tigers gave him a lot of personal attention at Big Cat Weekend, an indication their interest level remains high. And apparently, Walker enjoyed the visit. His teammate, LB Montavious Atkinson, is an Auburn commit, which doesn’t hurt.

9. QB, Torrance Gibson, American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL): The 5-star dual-threat QB named Auburn his leader following his Big Cat Weekend visit — then reversed course and put Tennessee in front after a lengthy visit to Knoxville last week. Sources tell us neither programs is thrilled about the potential of a weekly roller coaster ride. Auburn remains high on Gibson, but also is recruiting other QBs.

10. QB, Deondre Francois, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL): The 4-star Florida signal caller has been climbing the Auburn board for awhile. The Tigers watched him throw this spring, and liked what they saw. Right now, many believe FSU is the team to beat but Francois will visit Auburn on Monday-Tuesday we’re told. With a strong visit, might the Tigers move up his list and give the ‘Noles a run?

THE NEXT GROUP

-WR, John Burt, Lincoln (Tallahassee, FL)
-DE, Johnathan Calvin, Copiah-Lincoln C.C. (Wesson, MS)
-OG, Tyler Carr, Southside (Gadsden, AL)
-DE, Byron Cowart, Armwood (Seffner, FL)
-ATH, Terry Godwin, Callaway (Hogansville, GA)
-TE, Jalen Harris, St James School (Montgomery, AL)
-DT, Jauntavius Johnson, Lincoln Sch (Lincoln, AL)
-DT, Jonathan Ledbetter, Tucker (Tucker, GA)
-DE, Marquavius Lewis, Hutchinson C.C. (Hutchinson, KS)
-DT, Kendrick Norton, Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL)
-OG, Javon Patterson, Petal (Petal, MS)
-OT, Drew Richmond, University School (Memphis, TN)
-LB, Roquan Smith, Macon County (Montezuma, GA)
-OC, Darryl Williams, Bessemer City (Bessemer, AL)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

Re: Ten most wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »
This info is ancient. Got anything since the end of Spring?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:36 PM »
I heard that we're going after some Etowah RB nicknamed Cadillac. He's committed to UT, but I think Auburn can land him if he's provided with a...Cadillac.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »
I heard that we're going after some Etowah RB nicknamed Cadillac. He's committed to UT, but I think Auburn can land him if he's provided with a...Cadillac.

I just hope we can land Alan Evans.  He's supposed to be one hell of a running back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 11:12:33 PM »
Aight, I know y'all are waiting on my predictions...
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10

Welcome to the x.  Post often.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10

We gonna drop 9's offer? Belief is he is ours if we want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
I have plenty. Can't discuss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »
We gonna drop 9's offer? Belief is he is ours if we want him.
Sounds like he's up-and-down more than wesfau trying to walk along railroad tracks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »
Sounds like he's up-and-down more than wesfau trying to walk along railroad tracks
^This^
Apparently UT is his favorite now...eventhough they have 2 QBs committed and if we've learned anything, Coach Malzahn & Co. doesn't play around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 06:39:18 AM »
^This^
Apparently UT is his favorite now...eventhough they have 2 QBs committed and if we've learned anything, Coach Malzahn & Co. doesn't play around.
It is widely known in Arkansas that young Malzahn had an aversion to basic playground activities.

That's our Gus! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
^This^

Been to their campus lately?
Sheesh...I wouldnt go there if you paid me anything less than 100K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE