Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dumb and Dumber To Trailer

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Dumb and Dumber To Trailer
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »

I'm more than cautiously optimistic...this looks like it could be great.  That last scene.  Jeebus.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:41:56 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Dumb and Dumber To Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
That's good stuff. :bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 11:02:08 AM »
Eeehhhhhhhuuurrggghhh...I don't know.  Looked like a lot of regurgitated gags from the first movie.  Also Dumb and Dumber didn't have a lot of overtly sexual and crude jokes and there were already a few in the trailer.  Finally, the "dumb" looked way over the top whereas the brilliancy of the first one was that their exaggerated idiocy was somehow believable. 

I'll hit play when it comes on Netflix Streaming. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »
Eeehhhhhhhuuurrggghhh...I don't know.  Looked like a lot of regurgitated gags from the first movie.  Also Dumb and Dumber didn't have a lot of overtly sexual and crude jokes and there were already a few in the trailer.  Finally, the "dumb" looked way over the top whereas the brilliancy of the first one was that their exaggerated idiocy was somehow believable. 

I'll hit play when it comes on Netflix Streaming.
:cage: :cage:
There was no "brilliancy" to the first.  It was one of the biggest piles of awful lowbrow garbage I've ever seen in my life.  I lost 42 IQ points by watching it.  Took me years to get those back.  It was massively unfunny and set the tone for a parade of similarly unfunny scatalogically-based films that followed. 

TERRIBLE movie.  Should never be revisited.  All associated with the first film should have been banished to Siberia and never allowed in front of or behind a camera ever again.  Except for Jeff Daniels who eventually redeemed himself somewhat. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:37:43 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
Will definitely check it out.  Sometimes you need some check-your-brain-at-the-door humor. Just do stupid shit and make me laugh.  This should do the trick.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »
There was no "brilliancy" to the first.  It was one of the biggest piles of awful lowbrow garbage I've ever seen in my life.  I lost 42 IQ points by watching it.  Took me years to get those back.  It was massively unfunny and set the tone for a parade of similarly unfunny scatalogically-based films that followed. 

TERRIBLE movie.  Should never be revisited.  All associated with the first film should have been banished to Siberia and never allowed in front of or behind a camera ever again.  Except for Jeff Daniels who eventually redeemed himself somewhat.
a simple it sucks would have sufficed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »
a simple it sucks would have sufficed.

Sadly "sucks" doesn't begin to define the raw sewage of the first film nor the vapidity of the other. 

I have no problem with "check your brain at the door" humor.  Enjoyed A Million Ways to Die as well as Neighbors.  This?  Makes those two things look like they were written by Shakespeare and performed by Gregory Peck, DeNiro, DiCaprio, Denzel and Hanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:51 PM »
Will definitely check it out.  Sometimes you need some check-your-brain-at-the-door humor. Just do stupid shoot and make me laugh.  This should do the trick.
Yeah, well I only thought the trailer was mildly entertaining due to my thinking of the buffoons who laugh at such. I doubt I shall congregate with the masses of ruffians to take this in.

If I were to attend it would only be for research and if I don't have any Mensa club obligations.

I must admit that I do find some intellectual humor quite captivating but for the most part, comedic performances and scripts are for the unwashed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
Yeah, well I only thought the trailer was mildly entertaining due to my thinking of the buffoons who laugh at such. I doubt I shall congregate with the masses of ruffians to take this in.

If I were to attend it would only be for research and if I don't have any Mensa club obligations.

I must admit that I do find some intellectual humor quite captivating but for the most part, comedic performances and scripts are for the unwashed.

Lick me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
I liked the first one A. LOT. The second looks promising.

I will watch it and probably enjoy it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

Once again K displays his complete lack of a quality sense of humor.

I'm afraid the sequel may ruin the legacy of the first, but I'll still give it a try. Looks very Anchor Man 2ish, which worries me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »

I'm afraid the sequel may ruin the legacy of the first, but I'll still give it a try. Looks very Anchor Man 2ish, which worries me.

Wrong!  I know comedy. This buffoonery isn't it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

Was thinking the same thing.  A2 had about 2 1/2 funny moments in it and the other 94.3% was WTF?   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »

I'm more than cautiously optimistic...this looks like it could be great.  That last scene.  Jeebus.

Just above the giblets
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 02:11:43 AM »
Saw this trailer tonight before 22 Jump Street.  It was less funny than it was here.  The theater was almost completely full and this got only mild and sporadic chuckles.  Like Anchorman2 I think this is an idea that might have been a whole lot funnier years ago. 

22 was seriously funny, though.  Had the place in an uproar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »

It is official, I have too much of the X engraved into my brain. I was watching the trailer on The Tonight Show and my first thought was how K was not gonna like this movie.....that is after I was done laughing at the ***** dust scene.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
It is official, I have too much of the X engraved into my brain. I was watching the trailer on The Tonight Show and my first thought was how K was not gonna like this movie.....that is after I was done laughing at the ***** dust scene.

The dust scene was mildly amusing.  But it's been done before.  Scream with the bats and hedge bushes comes immediately to mind.  The gooey lip lock in the Not Another Teen Movie movie also was along the same lines.  So meh...

I'm much more interested in watching Let's Be Cops than this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
The dust scene was mildly amusing.  But it's been done before.  Scream with the bats and hedge bushes comes immediately to mind.  The gooey lip lock in the Not Another Teen Movie movie also was along the same lines.  So meh...

I'm much more interested in watching Let's Be Cops than this.

True. I saw this trailer also. This will be some funny shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions