Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UA will be 80% better than AU

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
UA will be 80% better than AU
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
Numbers don't lie.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/alabama_has_10_commits_auburn.html
Alabama has 10 commits, Auburn has 2 in latest Rivals 100 rankings

The University of Alabama accounts for 10 percent of Rivals.com's latest Top 100 rankings.

The rankings, released Monday afternoon, feature 10 Alabama commits in the Top 100. Even more impressive is the fact that five of those commitments are in the Top 50. By comparison, Auburn has two commitments in Rivals' Top 100.

Leading the way for Alabama is Minkah Fitzpatrick, a five-star defensive back from St. Peter's Prep in New Jersey, who is rated the ninth-best player in the country by Rivals. Not far behind Fitzpatrick were Monarch (Fla.) wide receiver Calvin Ridley at No. 17 and Tucker (Ga.) defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter at No. 24.

Rivals' rankings show just how deep and diverse Alabama's recruiting class already is. Alabama, which has the nation's top recruiting class thus far, has two defensive backs in the Top 100 in Fitzpatrick and West Orange-Stark's Deionte Thompson, who is ranked No. 59. The Crimson Tide have two offensive linemen in the Top 60 in Central-Tuscaloosa offensive lineman Lester Cotton (No. 34) and Gonzaga (D.C.) offensive lineman Richie Petitbon (No. 57).

Other Alabama commitments to make the list were: Carver (Ga.) defensive end Mekhi Brown (No. 46), Brookhaven (Miss.) linebacker Leo Lewis (No. 71), Monarch (Fla.) athlete Shawn Burgess-Becker (No. 81) and Vigor running back Desherrius Flowers (No. 97).

Auburn had only two commitments made the list, though both are top in-state prospects. Madison Academy running back Kerryon Johnson, who said Friday Alabama is still pushing for him, is the top-rated Tigers commit at No. 52. Recent Auburn commit and Hoover linebacker Darrell Williams just made the cut at No. 100.

Shades Valley defensive lineman Daron Payne took a dip in the latest Rivals rankings, but is still the top-rated player in the state of Alabama. Payne, who is primarily considering Alabama and Auburn, dropped five spots to No. 12 in the country.

Southside-Gadsden offensive lineman Tyler Carr, who remains uncommitted, dropped 36 spots to No. 66 in the latest rankings.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: UA will be 80% better than AU
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 04:40:12 PM »
Whew!  I guess Auburn should feel fortunate that it's not 90 or 100% better...
 :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.