Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Celebrating Sam's gayness

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Celebrating Sam's gayness
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »
YOu said that people said something literally probably...
You misunderstand.

"Literally" was applied to "the same day he was drafted".
"Probably" was applied to people saying that about Jackie Robinson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »
You misunderstand.

"Literally" was applied to "the same day he was drafted".
"Probably" was applied to people saying that about Jackie Robinson.
You are probably, literally gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 11:41:56 AM »
I could not care less either way.  He will either succeed or won't, based on his talent.  Being in Missouri, where people already love and accept him will help.

But:

First of all, he came out to improve his draft stock? Are you insinuating that he voluntarily chose to be gay because THAT would make him more marketable to the NFL? Seriously?

There was talk about his talent before he came out.  He did not do well at the combine.  He did better at Pro Days but was still not graded well. 

Coming out was possibly a calculated move designed to make sure he got a chance at the NFL SOMEWHERE.  Once he came out, the NFL had to make sure he went SOMEWHERE or the backlash would have been horrific.  None of the LGBT extremist groups give two shits about "talent evaluation" or how well he graded out at the combine being a factor in why he wasn't drafted.  They would just start a shrieking hysterical protest against one of the most closely guarded brands in the world with some of the other most closely guarded names in the world as sponsors.  I don't for one minute think it was just fate that landed him with the Rams in Missouri. 

And I also don't think there will be more than a token protest if he is a bust.  It's not how well he does - it's just so the NFL can say "Hey, we gave him the same chance as everyone else.  Lots of players get cut if they can't measure up." 

Box checked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
And then I read this:

An NFL.com writer was in the Rams’ draft room and reported late Saturday night that head coach Jeff Fisher unexpectedly suggested taking Sam, a player the team had not given much consideration to before.

Yep.  Bet Fisher got a phone call from the Commish.  Taking one for the league.

Sam is pissed because he didn't go sooner.  BUT...
Several NFL team officials, though, disagreed with Sam’s assessment that he should’ve been taken sooner. Speaking with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel before the draft, they questioned whether Sam’s game can transition to the league.

“Most of his production was hustle stuff,” an NFC personnel official told the Journal Sentinel. “There’s production, but he’s short, he’s not a really good athlete and he doesn’t play good against the run.”

He continued: “He’s kind of a one-task pass rusher. Just run up the field. And they swallow him up and kind of push him around.”

One NFC personnel director stated that Sam doesn’t have a position in the league.

“He’s not a linebacker, and he’s really not a defensive end,” the personnel director told the Journal Sentinel. “I’d certainly take him to camp. You’ve got to admire how hard he plays .”

An AFC executive said Sam was “short and slow.” Sam stands at 6 feet 2 inches and weighs 262 pounds.

See - look at that last sentence.  If you know diddly shit about football, you think - "Six two is SHORT?!??!  BLASHPHEMY!  EXCUSES!!"  But if you get it, if you watch football at all, you know that a 6'2" DE in the NFL is SHORT.  And 262 is a lightweight.  But the shrieking masses wouldn't care about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
He continued: “He’s kind of a one-task pass rusher. Just run up the field. And they swallow him up and kind of push him around.”

There's a joke in there somewhere, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
A
See - look at that last sentence.  If you know diddly shit about football, you think - "Six two is SHORT?!??!  BLASHPHEMY!  EXCUSES!!"  But if you get it, if you watch football at all, you know that a 6'2" DE in the NFL is SHORT.  And 262 is a lightweight.  But the shrieking masses wouldn't care about that.

Conversely, if he were fast, he is a great size for a LB. He's a tweener. Can he play? Who knows. But guys like him historically have been taken low and given a chance to prove themselves.

The difference is that those guys did not have a big ole coming out camera party on draft day.

I wish him well. I just don't want to see him on TV showing off his TE skills instead of his defensive abilities!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »

I wish him well. I just don't want to see him on TV showing off his TE skills instead of his defensive abilities!

Do you even know how the gays work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »

NO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 01:11:22 PM »
There's a joke in there somewhere, too.

An AFC executive said Sam was “short and slow.” Sam stands at 6 feet 2 inches and weighs 262 pounds.

Here as well
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »
BTW...Lutz wasn't saying God made us all correct...as in perfect.  He left out a comma.  God made us all, correct?  Didn't he?   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »

Do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 01:50:11 PM »
BTW...Lutz wasn't saying God made us all correct...as in perfect.  He left out a comma.  God made us all, correct?  Didn't he?   :facepalm:
If there's one overall theme of this thread, it's the importance of sentence structure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
[quote author=AUChizad link=topic=23770.msg358256#msg358256 date

First of all, he came out to improve his draft stock? Are you insinuating that he voluntarily chose to be gay because THAT would make him more marketable to the NFL? Seriously?
[/quote]
Yes. No. Yes.

Sorry for calling you out on being gay earlier. But reading comprehension is in play. How did anything I wrote lead you to write about any insinuation in what I wrote. I thought I was pretty plain spoken.

It has nothing to do with his choice to be gay improving his draft stock. His choice to go public, yes. As a matter of fact, I would venture that he was advised to go public. It put pressure to take a chance on a bottom tier guy. Being co-d player of the year in the SEC has little to do with it. And you know that college success doesn't necessarily mean squat in the NFL.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:53:34 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
[quote author=AUChizad link=topic=23770.msg358256#msg358256 date

Yes. No. Yes.

Sorry for calling you out on being gay earlier. But reading comprehension is in play. How did anything I wrote lead you to write about any insinuation in what I wrote. I thought I was pretty plain spoken.

It has nothing to do with his choice to be gay improving his draft stock. His choice to go public, yes. As a matter of fact, I would venture that he was advised to go public. It put pressure to take a chance on a bottom tier guy. Being co-d player of the year in the SEC has little to do with it. And you know that college success doesn't necessarily mean squat in the NFL.

That is just not true. Eric Crouch, Andre Ware, Charlie Ward, etc.. were all great in the N...

Never mind. I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 05:04:28 PM »
Jeff Fisher hates the gheys:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/11/fisher-says-rams-wont-hesitate-to-cut-michael-sam-if-he-doesnt-earn-roster-spot/related/

Or at least he will be accused of hating.

If they cut him I wonder if they show him out the back door?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

noxin

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 06:37:38 PM »

If they cut him I wonder if they show him out the back door?

He'll be pretty excited about getting a pink slip, until he finds out it's not something he can wear under his dress.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
Old subject now but still found this funny...and somewhat relevant.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
Old subject now but still found this funny...and somewhat relevant.

Not really relevant. Just another bunch of liberals trying to justify one man sucking another man's dick becauae it "isn't as bad as other things".

Still does not make it right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »

Not really relevant. Just another bunch of liberals trying to justify one man sucking another man's richard becauae it "isn't as bad as other things".

Still does not make it right.
Would you suck a dick for a million dollars?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions