Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Roc

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
The Roc
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »
For those predicting Cap, Grant and Barber--the Roc says not so fast my friends.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/mr_football_roc_thomas_closes.html

Mr. Football Roc Thomas closes prep career, ready to run at Auburn

Ben Thomas | bthomas@al.com By  Ben Thomas | bthomas@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 03, 2014 at 10:40 AM, updated May 03, 2014 at 11:55 AM

GULF SHORES, Alabama - The illustrious high school sports career of Oxford's Roc Thomas is in the books.

Now it's time for Auburn.

Thomas, the state's Mr. Football and a Tiger signee, finished his high school sports career at the Class 4A-6A state track meet in Gulf Shores on Saturday. He tied for second in the Class 6A high jump.

"It feels great," Thomas said. "To go out in the top three, to tie for second, is an honor. There are a lot of good athletes here."

Opelika's Jaquavious Tolbert won the event with a jump of 6-04. Thomas and Thompson's Shawn Powell were second with a mark of 6-02.

"I did pretty good," Thomas said. "My form probably could have been a little better. But I feel good about it overall."

Thomas reports to Auburn on May 27.

The 5-foot-11, 200-pound standout rushed for 2,211 yards and 32 touchdowns this season despite nagging injuries. He was named Mr. Football by the Alabama Sports Writers Association in January.

"High school had to end sometime," he said. "It's been great, but I'm ready for the next chapter for sure. I just want to make an impact early and maybe compete for a starting spot. I know I've got a lot of work to do, but that's fine."

Thomas said Auburn coaches have told him he would have every opportunity to come in and compete with the Tigers' current stable of running backs. Auburn must replace Heisman contender Tre Mason, who opted to skip his senior season for the NFL.

Thomas also said he's excited to be a part of the Tigers' highly ranked recruiting class. He and fellow Auburn signee Tre Williams had some fun Friday joking with Alabama signee Josh Casher.

"I think we all have a great relationship and have bonded well," he said of the new Tigers. "You have to have a little fun. You can't be all business. But when we hit that field, we'll be ready to go."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:38:44 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com