Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban assistant faces disciplinary action for letter

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Saban assistant faces disciplinary action for letter
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=212545

PELL CITY, Ala. -- The administrative assistant for Alabama football coach Nick Saban used athletic department stationary to recommend probation for a man convicted of smuggling a small amount of marijuana into a state prison.

Glenda Edwards faces possible disciplinary action from the university.

Athletics spokesman Doug Walker said Edwards admitted to using department stationary to write the one-page letter to St. Clair County Circuit Court Judge Charles Robinson.

She was seeking a sentence of probation for former correctional officer Tommie Borden.

Borden and a former prison guard were convicted in June of second-degree promoting prison contraband and received two years in prison.

Walker said Edwards was not available for comment.
I guess flashing the U of A logo around doesn't go as far as it use to.
And the Athletic Dept is strapped for cash with that 4 mil payment coming up, so they can't be wasting paper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Saban assistant faces disciplinary action for letter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »
Pell City representin'. We don't play like dat.

Tell 'em, Stewie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »
http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=212545

PELL CITY, Ala. -- The administrative assistant for Alabama football coach Nick Saban used athletic department stationary to recommend probation for a man convicted of smuggling a small amount of marijuana into a state prison.

Glenda Edwards faces possible disciplinary action from the university.

Athletics spokesman Doug Walker said Edwards admitted to using department stationary to write the one-page letter to St. Clair County Circuit Court Judge Charles Robinson.

She was seeking a sentence of probation for former correctional officer Tommie Borden.

Borden and a former prison guard were convicted in June of second-degree promoting prison contraband and received two years in prison.

Walker said Edwards was not available for comment.
I guess flashing the U of A logo around doesn't go as far as it use to.
And the Athletic Dept is strapped for cash with that 4 mil payment coming up, so they can't be wasting paper.
I mean, those former bammer players need to get high! too! It's cruel and unusual punishment to deny them of such a major part of their daily lives before they were locked up. It's only fitting she would write it on Alabama Athletics Stationary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »
Pell City representin'. We don't play like dat.

Tell 'em, Stewie!

rollin dirty in "the bucket"
anybody catch that guys name? :doh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!