Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

McBird picks us

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
McBird picks us
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »
Former Alabama QB Greg McElroy picks Auburn as SEC favorite in 2014

AUBURN, Alabama -- Former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy is already in analyst mode.

The newly-hired SEC Network analyst is not letting his allegiances get in the way of naming a frontrunner in the SEC race in 2014: Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers.

"I think he's the most innovative play-caller in college football," McElroy told WJOX-FM on Monday. "I think he's a tremendous football coach and he's had a lot of success over the course of his career and what they did last year was really special, so I think they are the frontrunners without question at this point."

Auburn was the surprise story of the 2013 season, rebounding from a winless SEC record in 2012 to win its eighth SEC Championship in school history. The Tigers suffered one loss at LSU before winning nine straight games entering the BCS National Championship against Florida State.

McElroy led Alabama to a BCS championship and perfect 14-0 record as a junior in 2009. He cited Auburn's strengths on offense and the development of quarterback Nick Marshall for picking the Tigers as the frontrunner in the SEC.

The SEC race is "wide open," he said, especially in the SEC West, where quarterback battles will be waged through August.

"Once quarterback situations are established at LSU, at Alabama -- and Ole Miss is also kind of a scary team out in the West as well," McElroy said. "Bo Wallace comes back and some of the things they were able to do. The West is wide open and it's difficult, but I definitely think the Auburn Tigers are the favorite."

McElroy will make his broadcast debut when the SEC Network launches Aug. 14.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: McBird picks us
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »
FUCK EM. I hope somebody else throws him on his head.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: McBird picks us
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:22:57 AM »
Former Alabama QB Greg McElroy picks Auburn as SEC favorite in 2014

AUBURN, Alabama -- Former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy is already in analyst mode.

The newly-hired SEC Network analyst is not letting his allegiances get in the way of naming a frontrunner in the SEC race in 2014: Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers.

"I think he's the most innovative play-caller in college football," McElroy told WJOX-FM on Monday. "I think he's a tremendous football coach and he's had a lot of success over the course of his career and what they did last year was really special, so I think they are the frontrunners without question at this point."

Auburn was the surprise story of the 2013 season, rebounding from a winless SEC record in 2012 to win its eighth SEC Championship in school history. The Tigers suffered one loss at LSU before winning nine straight games entering the BCS National Championship against Florida State.

McElroy led Alabama to a BCS championship and perfect 14-0 record as a junior in 2009. He cited Auburn's strengths on offense and the development of quarterback Nick Marshall for picking the Tigers as the frontrunner in the SEC.

The SEC race is "wide open," he said, especially in the SEC West, where quarterback battles will be waged through August.

"Once quarterback situations are established at LSU, at Alabama -- and Ole Miss is also kind of a scary team out in the West as well," McElroy said. "Bo Wallace comes back and some of the things they were able to do. The West is wide open and it's difficult, but I definitely think the Auburn Tigers are the favorite."

McElroy will make his broadcast debut when the SEC Network launches Aug. 14.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions