Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mother Russia

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Mother Russia
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
Who knows? We may be inching closer to having to fight the commies. If we do, and you old soldiers get called up, I want to be the first to let you know that I will do everything that I can to take care of your wives and girlfriends. I promise.--W.T.

Pentagon blasts 'provocative' move of Russian military action against U.S. Navy ship

Leada Gore | lgore@al.com By  Leada Gore | lgore@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM, updated April 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM

U.S. Navy destroyer Donald Cook

As tensions over the Russian takeover of Crimea continue to rise, the Pentagon is condemning reports a Russian fighter jet buzzed the U.S. Navy destroyer Donald Cook in the Black Sea.

A Russian SU-24 Fencer made a total of 12 passes above the destroyer that is equipped with a Redstone Arsenal-managed Aegis missile defense system. The incident occurred in international waters about 48 hours after the Navy ship arrived in the Black Sea as part of an effort to ease concerns of NATO allies in the region.

The unarmed aircraft did not respond to queries from the ship's bridge and the incident ended after about 90 minutes.

"This provocative and unprecedented Russian action is inconsistent with international protocols and previous agreements on the professional interaction between our militaries," said Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, said Monday.

The Donald Cook is more than capable of defending itself against an SU-24.

Warren said the ship was never in danger and added "the Donald Cook is more than capable of defending itself against an SU-24."

The move comes a month after thousands of Russian troops poured across the Ukrainian border, the first step towards the annexation of the Russian-speaking Ukrainian region.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Mother Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
Sorry Goose, it's time to buzz a tower
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
Sorry Goose, it's time to buzz a tower
I'm sorry the correct response was.

I want some Butts!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:32 PM »
I guess Obummer thinks that if he can get us fighting the commies, we won't come after his ass!

I think the situation in Nevada has opened his eyes to what the American people are willing to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.