Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

247 Update

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
247 Update
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:54:06 PM »
FYI--The following info matches my inside info. This is all I'm at liberty to discuss--WT

2015 Auburn Recruiting Snapshot

Keith Niebuhr
7 hours ago

Comments:10

Add a comment

Here's a snapshot of Auburn recruiting for the 2015 class, where the Tigers stand at the moment and who are some notable targets.

Will Kerryon Johnson join the 2015 Auburn recruiting class?

EXPECTED TO TAKE

AUC has been told the Tigers will sign between 21-23 for 2015. Factoring in the usual attrition within a program and the possibility someone could leave early for the NFL, our best guess is the number might be up to 24 or 25.

This will change during the next 10 months, but here is what we believe to be the breakdown, by position, -- as of today:

QB: 2
RB: 2
TE: 1-2 (one 3-back)
WR: 2-3
OL: 5
DE: 2
DT: 2
LB: 2
Star: 2
CB: 2
Safety: 2

NOTE: We changed TE from 2 to 1-2, and WR from 2 to 2-3. Should Auburn land D'Anfernee McGriff, he's an athlete that probably could be used at both WR and the 3-back position. He really could fit into either category.

COMMITMENTS: NEED TO KNOW

Here's the 411 on Auburn's five commits ...

-Star/S Montavious Atkinson: No. 60 overall prospect in Georgia and Auburn's most recent verbal. Had offers from numerous schools, including Southern California. Recruited to play the "star" position. Atkinson is an exceptional athlete -- he recently high jumped 6-feet, 8 inches.

-CB Tony Bridges: No. 1 Juco CB, No. 7 overall in Juco. Tall, athletic corner who averaged more than 8 points a game for the Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. basketball squad. Will have two seasons of eligibility at Auburn.

-QB Tyler Queen: No. 10 pro-style QB, No. 27 overall in Georgia. Has partial tear of UCL (elbow) but should be 100% by the summer. Strong-armed QB who can run. Has reshaped body in the past nine months. Will meet up with Dr. James Andrews on April 19 to determine when he can begin throwing.

-ATH Jason Smit: No. 1 JUCO ATH, No. 6 overall in JUCO. Likely will play receiver, but will initially get a shot at QB if he wants it. Was 2013 Auburn signee. Redshirted in 2013 at Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C., and will have three seasons of eligibility at Auburn. Now, the bad news: Smith was arrested in March, and his situation is being closely monitored by the Auburn staff.

-Star/S Elijah Sullivan: No. 81 overall prospect in Georgia. Committed in February, not long after getting offer. Recruited to play "star" position. The 6-feet-1, 215-pound Sullivan is built like a tank, and is a solid sideline-to-sideline player, making him idea for the "star."

BY THE NUMBERS

Current ranking: No. 24
Average rating per commit: 89.44 (16th best)
Claimed offers out: 138
Offers by position: QB-9; RB-12; WR-20; TE-10; OL-27; DL-19; LB-13; CB-9; Safety-9; ATH-10
Offers by State: 40-Florida; 34-Georgia; 12-Texas; 9-Tennessee 7-Alabama; 6-Mississippi; 4-Louisiana, North Carolina; 3-Arkansas, Ohio; 2-Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia; 1-Arizona, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, D.C.
Recruiter Rankings: Dameyune Craig, at No. 38, leads Auburn coaches in the SEC Recruiter Rankings.

5 TARGETS OF NOTE

-OT Martez Ivey: Five-star standout from Florida recently visited Auburn, and told AUC that trip went well. He's pegged for the left tackle position. Another prospect told AUC Ivey raved about his Auburn visit. The big question now: Can Auburn get him back on campus? At one time, it was thought he might attend the Tigers spring game. That apparently won't happen.

-RB Kerryon Johnson: Five-star prospect from Madison Academy (Ala.) has Auburn, Alabama and FSU in his top group. He visited the Tigers in March, and might have a final decision in May. The 247Sports Crystal Ball has Auburn and Alabama in a dead heat.

-ATH D'Anfernee McGriff: The 4-star offensive athlete from Tallahassee (Fla.) Leon recently visited Auburn, and will return for the spring game. At this time, the Tigers appear to be in good position to land his verbal. McGriff might not be far off from making a decision.

-RB Jovon Robinson: No. 1 running back in junior college and the 2013 National Offensive Player of the Year after surpassing 2,000 yards. Was Auburn signee out of high school. Robinson visited the Tigers two weeks ago, and that apparently went well.

-OT Bailey Sharp: The 6-feet-5, 280-pounder from Marietta (Ga.) Sprayberry visited Auburn last weekend. Sources close to the Auburn program told AUC they believe the Tigers have emerged as the team to beat.

BOLD PREDICTION

Auburn will match or exceed its 2014 total of nine signees from Georgia next February.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 247 Update
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »
-QB Tyler Queen: No. 10 pro-style QB, No. 27 overall in Georgia. Has partial tear of UCL (elbow) but should be 100% by the summer. Strong-armed QB who can run. Has reshaped body in the past nine months. Will meet up with Dr. James Andrews on April 19 to determine when he can begin throwing.

Last night Tyler Queen broke the Cobb County record for career touchdown passes.  Previous record holder: Hutson Mason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
"ATH Jason Smit: No. 1 JUCO ATH, No. 6 overall in JUCO. Likely will play receiver, but will initially get a shot at QB if he wants it. Was 2013 Auburn signee. Redshirted in 2013 at Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C., and will have three seasons of eligibility at Auburn. Now, the bad news: Smith was arrested in March, and his situation is being closely monitored by the Auburn staff."

Call it mofo's intuition but I have an uneasy feeling about this one adapting to ATH/WR freely as a team player when he was only told he would have the opportunity to try QB. Like his confidence but he's already trumpeting things he does better than Nick...as if JJ wasn't even there.

*Sharp was once listed as a TE prospect. Looks like a good fit for us seeing we don't really put one to use.

Atkinson is #60 in state of Georgia? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:36 PM »
Last night Tyler Queen broke the Cobb County record for career touchdown passes.  Previous record holder: Hutson Mason.

Heeeeeey Queeeeeeen!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »
FYI--The following info matches my inside info. This is all I'm at liberty to discuss--WT

-CB Tony Bridges: No. 1 Juco CB, No. 7 overall in Juco. Tall, athletic corner who averaged more than 8 points a game for the Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. basketball squad. Will have two seasons of eligibility at Auburn.

Tony Bridges flips to Ole Piss
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2275665-report-4-star-juco-cb-flips-from-auburn-to-ole-miss
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Tony Bridges flips to Ole Piss
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2275665-report-4-star-juco-cb-flips-from-auburn-to-ole-miss

Bewildering.

Ole Miss has a decent D. Fucker would see the field Game 1 with us. Has he seen our secondary?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
Bewildering.

Ole Miss has a decent D. Fucker would see the field Game 1 with us. Has he seen our secondary?

Maybe that's why he isn't coming.  He's seen our secondary. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
Bewildering.

Ole Miss has a decent D. fudgeer would see the field Game 1 with us. Has he seen our secondary?
Agreed. I think this one has been rumored for a long time.

Equally as bewildering is how OP can also run a 4-2-5 and be considered a top tier D in 3 years while we seem to be the same at the end of our second year.

I credit Hugh with having solid play on both sides of the ball. We desperately need that balance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »

this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »

He would stand out on our D, and look to be an NFL prospect since he would be getting all the tackles and INTs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
He would stand out on our D, and look to be an NFL prospect since he would be getting all the tackles and INTs.
Any of us could do that. It's kind of like playing basketball with 2nd graders, which I love to do btw. Nobody ever drives the lane on me. Ever. I slap their weak ass shots to half court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 09:32:39 AM »
Maybe Bridges thinks his progression as a player is best served at Ole Piss. The Ackbar's look as if they can cover somebody.

THEN THERE'S THIS> @neill_jeff
Follow
Miss St. pulls scholarship from our QB Chason Virgil w/16 days til graduation. Classless move by "coach" Dan Mullen
8:35 PM - 20 Nov 2014

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
Maybe Bridges thinks his progression as a player is best served at Ole Piss. The Ackbar's look as if they can cover somebody.

THEN THERE'S THIS> @neill_jeff
Follow
Miss St. pulls scholarship from our QB Chason Virgil w/16 days til graduation. Classless move by "coach" Dan Mullen
8:35 PM - 20 Nov 2014

How much expense is there in 16 days before graduation?

Just think there is something else going on here that triggered this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:29 PM »
How much expense is there in 16 days before graduation?

Just think there is something else going on here that triggered this.

Mullen gonna give him back the scholarship only it will say UF on it anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
Mullen gonna give him back the scholarship only it will say UF on it anyways.

I like the way you think son. You may be on to something here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »
Rumors swirling that 5 star DE Byron Cowart said that he is following Coach Muschamp to Auburn. 

*Rumor is from FSU's 247 writer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Rumors swirling that 5 star DE Byron Cowart said that he is following Coach Muschamp to Auburn. 

*Rumor is from FSU's 247 writer.

Coach Rock will love this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions