Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Rifleman has been hired...finally.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
The Rifleman has been hired...finally.
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
Chuck Person has accepted the job to be Auburn's next BBall coach. Coach Pearl ain't playing around, I love it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: The Rifleman has been hired...finally.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »
Chuck Person has accepted the job to be Auburn's next BBall coach. Coach Pearl ain't playing around, I love it.

Damn!  Pearl didn't even make it a month. 
The Auburn job really is a dead end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
After the open expression of interest when the job came open, I knew the minute that Pearson showed up at the "Welcome Coach Pearl" pep rally that he was angling for a job.  Kind of obvious.  I hope he learns a lot from CBP and becomes very successful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
Maybe he can turn the youngest Person from Brantley.  He verbaled to Troy after Auburn nor Bama showed any interest.  Averaged over 30 a game.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:30:38 PM »
Maybe he can turn the youngest Person from Brantley.  He verbaled to Troy after Auburn nor Bama showed any interest.  Averaged over 30 a game.
It is hard for me to believe that the youngest person in Brantley is old enough to play college basketball. Check your facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
It is hard for me to believe that the youngest person in Brantley is old enough to play college basketball. Check your facts.

What the hell are you talking about?  I was making reference to.....wait.....I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
I would like for Person to get it thinking he would stick around and make some inroads recruiting as opposed to another that would only use the program as a stepping stone. If he and assistants can recruit Auburn will be better off in four years than with another guy that would be looking elsewhere with some success.
Bring on the Rifleman.
Any well known coach that has been previously mentioned would be gone with a couple of good seasons at Auburn. Person might stick around awhile.

What good will that be when we continue to suck?

Bring Person in as an assistant, maybe.

We might continue to suck with Pearl, Howland or any other head coach of notoriety.

And who is Person going to assist after being a former NBA player and recent assistant with the Lakers?

JMO but even with the show cause, Pearl doesn't come to Auburn without a huge price tag. He knows he is worth  more than Barbee to a program and at least on par with Grant whom he would have to battle with for recruits. Jacobs isn't that commited to winning, not when it calls for paying a guy what many SEC programs pay their head football coach.

Skreetz.  :cool:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
It's a very old town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Auburn, Ala.--When Tony Barbee was hired as Auburn head men’s basketball coach four years ago one of the candidates interviewed for the job was Chuck Person.

One of the reasons the NBA assistant coach didn’t get the assignment was that he had not finished his undergraduate degree at Auburn before moving on to a success career as a player and coach at the professional level.

On Monday, after being officially announced as an assistant coach at Auburn on new head coach Bruce Pearl’s staff, Person let it be know that he plans to finish his degree.

“When I interviewed for the job (in 2010) the degree issue came up,” he said. “A degree is very important to me. I was very lucky that I went to the pros and stayed in the pros for such a long time and became a coach. It was a career for a long time.

“I was very lucky,” Person said. “If I had been a younger kid at age 30 trying to come back to Auburn to coach it probably wouldn’t have happened without a degree. I was very fortunate that my life experiences allowed me the opportunity to coach on this team.

“I do plan on getting a degree,” said Person, a two-time All-American for the Tigers in the 1980s. “It’s very important that I get a degree and I’m going to get a degree. I have a plan in place that I have worked out with the academic staff here.

“It’s going to happen and it will happen very quickly,” he added. “I’m not sure how many hours I have right now, but we do have a plan in place. Coach Pearl signed off on it and so did the university. We are looking forward to me getting a degree and I’ll eventually get a degree from Auburn. The amount of time it will take, I’m not sure, but it will happen because we have a plan in place.”

Person, who received high recommendations for the job from numerous NBA head coaches, said his experience in the league will help him with his new job.

“I tell you one thing, it’s going to help us get better players in here,” Person said. “Being in the pros and working with the likes of Phil Jackson and in the front office with Larry Bird and coaching Kobe Bryant, I think players understand that. They want to be coached by the best.

“Coach Pearl has coached a lot of pro players,” said Person, who was NBA Rookie of the Year with the Indiana Pacers. “He has a system that is conducive to guys getting to the pros, which is the next level that every kid wants to do.

“Being there as a player and coach, I think we can help players reach their dreams,” Person said. “If they can’t reach their dreams then we’re going to make sure they go to class. We’re going to win the classroom as well as on the court. That’s the main thing Coach Pearl stressed to me when he hired me. We’re going to win every phase of what we do--conditioning, classroom, games, life. We’re going to win everything. That vision and philosophy fits well with me and that’s what is going to happen moving forward.”

So what you are saying is that you will get a degree, but you don't know when, but there is a plan to get the degree.  You just don't know when, to get the degree.  Plan!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
So what you are saying is that you will get a degree, but you don't know when, but there is a plan to get the degree.  You just don't know when, to get the degree.  Plan!
Hey, take it easy on the guy. The plan is in the planning stages right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
To give you an idea of how foreign Auburn's basketball history is to me, I thought Chuck Person was white. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
To give you an idea of how foreign Auburn's basketball history is to me, I thought Chuck Person was white. 
Take off your hood Chuck...show us your face
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »

Woogie boogie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »

Breathin' all da white man's air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »

Not a basketball fan in the early 90's?

(The one on the right.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 05:22:09 PM »
(The one on the right.)
Can't say that another race joke from you is surprising. I hope to see the day that you get past bigotry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
pawl,

we wuz lookin fer a bagman, but ah be damned if it wurnt dat rifleman who got dat satchel of cash

I'll hang up and go back to my cell

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:04:13 PM by DnATL »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »

WRONG CHUCK:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
He actually was a hell of an athlete.  He also played pro baseball and was drafted for pro football. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:53 AM »
He actually was a hell of an athlete.  He also played pro baseball and was drafted for pro football.

I know these things. I was just referring to the white Chuck that is often referred to as the Rifleman. I see how all of this could get confusing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.