Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB Juan Jennings

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
QB Juan Jennings
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Report: 4-star QB Jauan Jennings committing Monday, saw Nick Marshall parallels during 1st Auburn visit

High school football prospect Jauan Jennings, of Blackman High School, during the Birmingham region Nike Football Training Camp at Spain Park High School in Hoover, Ala., Sunday, March 30, 2014.

Blackman (Tenn.) quarterback Jauan Jennings visited Auburn for the first time Saturday to get a better feel for the Tigers before making a decision, which is quickly approaching.

The four-star prospect is set to pick either Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi State, Ohio State or Northwestern during a press conference on Monday. The Tigers and Volunteers are considered to be the front-runners, but Jennings listed no favorites last week during his interview with AL.com.

After watching Nick Marshall practice on Saturday, Jennings saw some similarities with the Tigers' signal-caller. Marshall started his college football career as a defensive back, a position Jennings also plays.

Nick Marshall spring scrimmage

Auburn senior quarterback Nick Marshall prepares to throw during a scrimmage inside the Auburn Athletics Complex on Saturday, March 29, 2014 in Auburn, Ala. (Lauren Barnard/Auburn Media Relations)

"Me and (Marshall) kind of have this little same situation as an athlete," the 6-foot-4, 182-pounder told 247Sports. "Well, athletes can play quarterback, too. And athletes that play quarterback like to be called quarterback. Quarterbacks are quarterbacks. They're not any other position on the field. They're a quarterback, and they have to run the team.

"That's what I am, and as far as anybody calling me anything other than a quarterback, that's false. I guess I've just got to show you."

After speaking with assistant Rhett Lashlee and Charlie Harbison, Jennings feels he will get a legitimate shot at quarterback should he commit to the Tigers.

"Their offense fits my attributes really well," he said. "And their coaches work great with their players. That's really the main focus with Auburn. I really don't have any concerns right now [with Auburn]. I'm taking it all slowly as it happens."

In his first season at quarterback, Jennings threw for 1,465 yards with 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2013. He added 815 yards and 10 scores on the ground and played a key role on defense at safety.

Auburn already has one quarterback commit in the 2015 recruiting class, North Cobb's (Ga.) Tyler Queen. Jennings is reportedly set to visit Tennessee this weekend before making his final decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: QB Juan Jennings
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee -- As expected, four-star quarterback prospect Jauan Jennings announced his commitment to Tennessee this morning.

The Blackman High product chose the Volunteers over finalists Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ohio State and Northwestern during a press conference at his school.

Tennessee seemed to be the front-runner to land the 6-foot-3, 184-pounder, who hopes to play quarterback in college. He visited Knoxville last weekend after taking his first visit to Auburn March 29.

Seventeen of 21 recruiting reporters predicted Jennings would commit to the Volunteers in the 247Sports Crystal Ball. In a poll conducted on AL.com this morning, 59.45 percent of readers had Jennings pledging to Tennessee.

Jennings is rated as the nation's No. 13 athlete in the 2015 recruiting class by the 247Sports Composite. He threw for 1,465 yards with 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions last year and added 815 yards and 10 scores on the ground.

Check out his highlights in the video below.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
Why do you build me up, buttercup?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
Why do you build me up, buttercup?

Bitch also doesn't call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
He didn't have enough stars anyways.

We roll 7 deep at QB.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:50:44 PM »
This thread turned him to Tennessee. He was referred to as "Juan" instead of Jauan. It pissed him off that folks thought he was a Mexican.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
This thread turned him to Tennessee. He was referred to as "Juan" instead of Jauan. It pissed him off that folks thought he was a Mexican.
Just as well - he would've been like a mid-afternoon version of Brandon Cox in 11:00am games
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »

Old Joke:

Why doesn't anybody from Mexico win gold at the summer Olympics?

Anybody who can run, jump or swim has already left the country. :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'