Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Top Rated Dual Threat QB prospect Gibson

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Top Rated Dual Threat QB prospect Gibson
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
Nation's top dual-threat quarterback Torrance Gibson calls Auburn offense 'perfect fit'

Torrance Gibson
Torrance Gibson is rated by multiple recruiting services as the nation's top dual-threat quarterback for the class of 2015

Auburn recently hosted the nation's most highly sought-after dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2015 for an unofficial visit and the five-star recruit came away impressed with what he saw.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida star Torrance Gibson visited Auburn on March 25 as part of an extensive tour of the Southeast during his spring break. Gibson said he the visit left him feeling positive about the Tigers.

"I got a chance to see the campus, the dorms, the facilities, and meet with the coaches and players," Gibson said of the visit. "Everything was really impressive. I got along great with everybody."

Gibson, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound dual-threat quarterback rated the nation's best at his position by the 247Composite ranking, said he talked at length with Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn about the Tigers' offense and how he would fit in.

"They really liked everything about my game," Gibson said. "Coach Malzahn said I remind him a lot of Cam Newton and said he thinks I could do very similar things to what Cam did in the Auburn offense. I really think the offense would be kind of a perfect fit for me."

Gibson said he plans to take a return visit to Auburn at some point this spring though he has not yet set up a date. Gibson had originally planned to visit Alabama as well but ultimately decided against taking that visit.

"I ended up deciding that Alabama isn't really a good fit for me with what they like to do on offense," Gibson said.

After taking visits to Auburn as well as Oklahoma, LSU, Clemson, Tennessee and Florida during his spring break road trip across the country, Gibson said he is working on narrowing down his list of favorites.

"I plan on cutting it down to a top five, which I will be announcing on May 5," Gibson said. "I have taken a few visits and will probably take a few more and then I'll be ready to start focusing on my favorites."

Gibson is rated the No. 13 overall prospect in the nation by the 247Composite rankings. As a junior, he passed for 1,789 yards and 19 touchdowns with three interceptions while rushing for 1,063 yards and 10 touchdowns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Top Rated Dual Threat QB prospect Gibson
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
We gonna be rollin 7 deep at QB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »

Only if we can sign Tonto Goldstein.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:45:58 PM »

Until we start having phatom medical releases I won't believe it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »
From what I've read, he'll be a WR at the college level. 

Not really the best QB option, but he has unreal athleticism. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:46:51 PM »
From what I've read, he'll be a WR at the college level. 

Not really the best QB option, but he has unreal athleticism.

"They really liked everything about my game," Gibson said. "Coach Malzahn said I remind him a lot of Cam Newton and said he thinks I could do very similar things to what Cam did in the Auburn offense. I really think the offense would be kind of a perfect fit for me."

Which is why Coach Gus compared him to Cam?  Cuz Cam was the schnizit at WR...

Why would we want to put the best dual threat QB in the nation in at WR?  And if he is labeled as such, why would he agree to be a WR?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »

All he did was catch touchdown passes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
All he did was catch touchdown passes.

Yep.  Axe Ole Miss.

Obviously, these coaches know far more than I do but I've never understood the concept of:

He plays this position, but we're recruiting him to play another position.  Years ago, Bama had a DB named Hershel Bolden, from here in Dothan.  The guy was a feenahminah athlete....at QB.  I saw two games his senior year where he had over 200 yards rushing by halftime.  At one of the games, the P.A. announcer was so hyped, he told the fans to enjoy what they were seeing because it may never happen again.  Wasn't much of a passer but good goobilty goo, the guy could run.  I was pissed when he chose Bama.  They immediately put him at DB.  He NEVER once played DB in high school.  For a couple of years, he was Bama's Neiko Torched.  He got burned over and over and over.  Always a part of the other team's highlight film.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »

Why would we want to put the best dual threat QB in the nation in at WR?  And if he is labeled as such, why would he agree to be a WR?

Just going with what I've read. 

And coaches NEVER tell a recruit they'll play a certain position just to get them to sign...Karlos Dansby, Robinson Therezie, Kris Frost....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
Just going with what I've read. 

And coaches NEVER tell a recruit they'll play a certain position just to get them to sign...Karlos Dansby, Robinson Therezie, Kris Frost....Jake Holland
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'