Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
Dale Murphey, recognize.

Speaking of the Murph, the Braves organization at that time was incredibly dysfunctional.  Understatement of the century.  But, I was reading something one season that talked about proposed trades that teams were talking about with the Braves.  There was one 3 team trade where the Braves would have to give up Murphy and would have received Jesse Barfield (Bad ass right fielder for the Blue Jays in the 80's.) Rick Aguilera, closer supreme for the Mets, and Lenny Dykstra, center fielder and leadoff man for the Mets.  The Braves nixed it and chose to stay the most irrelevant team in baseball for another decade.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
The Braves nixed it and chose to stay the most irrelevant team in baseball for another decade.   

That God that won't be the case in 2014.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
That God that won't be the case in 2014.

Oh yea?  Whose gonnaa take the title from them? (the Cubs do not count as an answer since they are everybody's bitch every year)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »
Speaking of the Murph, the Braves organization at that time was incredibly dysfunctional.  Understatement of the century.  But, I was reading something one season that talked about proposed trades that teams were talking about with the Braves.  There was one 3 team trade where the Braves would have to give up Murphy and would have received Jesse Barfield (Bad ass right fielder for the Blue Jays in the 80's.) Rick Aguilera, closer supreme for the Mets, and Lenny Dykstra, center fielder and leadoff man for the Mets.  The Braves nixed it and chose to stay the most irrelevant team in baseball for another decade.   

Good times, you go to a game (Fulton county stadium) and have your own beer vendor for the day. Military ID got you in for a $1.00
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
Gotta' say that was a mighty entertaining game between the Braves and Phillies last night.  They get two homers from Evan Gattis and one from Mr. Sub .200, Dan Uggla.  5-1 lead going to the bottom of the 8th and the Phillies plate 5 to take a 6-5 lead.  Braves load the bases in the 9th and Uggla sends one about 30 rows up in left center.  9-6 Braves win. 

Nice to see exciting baseball now because they certainly won't be in the playoffs with the Orioles and Cardinals being shoe-ins for the world series. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 11:52:15 AM »
But if what I read is correct, Bravos can make things at least interesting by healing up the IR list. They can win a lot of ballgames hitting the ball like last pm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
Nice to see exciting baseball now because they certainly won't be in the playoffs with the Orioles and Cardinals being shoe-ins for the world series.

I'm really not liking you anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
I'm really not liking you anymore.

Did you see where the Cards took down the hottest team in baseball last night?  Damn, they're good!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »
Gotta' say that was a mighty entertaining game between the Braves and Phillies last night.  They get two homers from Evan Gattis and one from Mr. Sub .200, Dan Uggla.  5-1 lead going to the bottom of the 8th and the Phillies plate 5 to take a 6-5 lead.  Braves load the bases in the 9th and Uggla sends one about 30 rows up in left center.  9-6 Braves win. 

http://deadspin.com/phillies-fans-reactions-to-dan-ugglas-grand-slam-are-am-1563288296?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Now that's some funny shift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
Prolly not the first time the fat chick has had that look.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 09:46:54 PM »
Cards 2014...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 09:38:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »
I haven't seen the stats but I'm 99% certain the Braves have the lowest ERA in the majors for starting pitching.  I'm 99.9% sure they have the lowest team batting average.  This team is unbelievably shitty at the plate.  And that's with Dan Fuggla on the bench the last 5 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2014, 11:35:31 AM »
I haven't seen the stats but I'm 99% certain the Braves have the lowest ERA in the majors for starting pitching.  I'm 99.9% sure they have the lowest team batting average.  This team is unbelievably shitty at the plate.  And that's with Dan Fuggla on the bench the last 5 games.

I'm having a really hard time understanding what the hell has happened to our offense.  We didn't have this problem last year, and its pretty much the same line up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
Ha!!!  Missed it by THAT much.

Bravos are #1 in all of baseball in pitching.  However...

they're 29th out of 30 teams in hitting. A sizzling .231 team batting average.  I believe the lowest batting average among any Colorado starter is .280.  Yeesh!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »
I'm having a really hard time understanding what the hell has happened to our offense.  We didn't have this problem last year, and its pretty much the same line up.

Agreed.  First off, get Heyward out of the lead off spot.  Just because they had a little stretch of success with him there last year doesn't mean this guy should be your lead off hitter.  He's barely been over .200 all season.  And I know the guy is 6'5" but why does he stand in the first base dugout to hit.  Move up to the plate.  It ain't workin' Jason.  Second, sit BJ Upton and give Jordan Schaefer (sp?) a legit shot.  Put him at lead off and see what he can do for a couple of weeks. 

Third, fire the hitting corch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2014, 12:16:39 PM »
You guys need to chill, the Bravos have this in the bag!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan