Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

Token

Re: The Official 2014 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Braves signed 31 year old Nick Markakis to 4 year 48 million contract to replace Heyward??  What the fuck.  Are they about to move the team to Miami??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
Braves signed 31 year old Nick Markakis to 4 year 48 million contract to replace Heyward??  What the fuck.  Are they about to move the team to Miami??

I'm guessing they never even sniffed of A's 3rd baseman and former AU All-Everything, Josh Donaldson. Toronto is going to love his 29 HR's and 98 RBI's.  But hey, Nick Markakis.

Excuse me while I go Google Nick Markakis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
I'm guessing they never even sniffed of A's 3rd baseman and former AU All-Everything, Josh Donaldson. Toronto is going to love his 29 HR's and 98 RBI's.  But hey, Nick Markakis.

Excuse me while I go Google Nick Markakis.

Don't waste your time.  His stats are as depressing as his name sounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
To Nick Markakis!!  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Don't waste your time.  His stats are as depressing as his name sounds.

Doing a little looking and found this first line from an article in October.

John Schuerholz completed what he called "the best negotiation of my entire career" by convincing his longtime friend John Hart to accept the role of president of baseball operations.

So since they let Frank Wren go, they've let their starting right fielder and 2nd baseman go too, and signed a .500 starting pitcher, 12 washed up relievers and a Nick Markakis.  The thing is, now all the other assholes on this board can't even try any reverse karma on Braves fans.  At least not without uncontrollable laughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Doing a little looking and found this first line from an article in October.

John Schuerholz completed what he called "the best negotiation of my entire career" by convincing his longtime friend John Hart to accept the role of president of baseball operations.

So since they let Frank Wren go, they've let their starting right fielder and 2nd baseman go too, and signed a .500 starting pitcher, 12 washed up relievers and a Nick Markakis.  The thing is, now all the other assholes on this board can't even try any reverse karma on Braves fans.  At least not without uncontrollable laughter.

All we need now is a washed up 3rd baseman, a live arm from the California penal system and a guy who can't hit the curve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »
All we need now is a washed up 3rd baseman, a live arm from the California penal system and a guy who can't hit the curve.

Juuuuuust a bit outside
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »
This guy and Heyward have ROUGHLY the same stat line. Both gold gloves. Except their salaries in 2014 were very different - Markakis - 15 M, Heyward - 3.5 M....Markakis will be turning 36 at the end of this contract. Good grief.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
This guy and Heyward have ROUGHLY the same stat line. Both gold gloves. Except their salaries in 2014 were very different - Markakis - 15 M, Heyward - 3.5 M....Markakis will be turning 36 at the end of this contract. Good grief.  :facepalm:

He's just getting warmed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

Markakis has more success in the lead off spot. But that being said, why would wither of them be in the lead off spot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »
Markakis has more success in the lead off spot. But that being said, why would wither of them be in the lead off spot!

Egg-ZAK-LEE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »
I don't know why Gonzales can't see that BJ Upton would be the best lead off hitter in baseball.  He's one of the better contact hitters in the game and drives the ball to all areas of the field. His on base percentage is off the charts but the surprising thing is the power he generates.  The guy could literally carry the team from the lead off spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »
I don't know why Gonzales can't see that BJ Upton would be the best lead off hitter in baseball.  He's one of the better contact hitters in the game and drives the ball to all areas of the field. His on base percentage is off the charts but the surprising thing is the power he generates.  The guy could literally carry the team from the lead off spot.

Thanks for that. I needed it today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »
Thanks for that. I needed it today.

Yeah. It took me a moment to figure out that he must be watching soccer during baseball season...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.