Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BOOM - Pearl has been hired

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: BOOM - Pearl has been hired
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
He was just on PF and wow, I'm sold.  One thing he said when asked point blank by Paawwwl if he would bolt for a better job as soon as he had some success.  He said "No way...no way.  I'm 54 and have a chance to build a legacy.  I was not leaving Tennessee and plan on building things at AU". 

First of all that has to be one of the stupidest questions an interviewer can ask.  A. What is he gonna say, "Well just between you and me Pawwwl and all the radio listening audience, I plan on staying 3 years then bolting for another team, preferably the NBA".  Two: He was just fucking hired, I doubt very much that thought has really run through his mind, outside of dumbass just asking it.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
First of all that has to be one of the stupidest questions an interviewer can ask.  A. What is he gonna say, "Well just between you and me Pawwwl and all the radio listening audience, I plan on staying 3 years then bolting for another team, preferably the NBA".  Two: He was just fucking hired, I doubt very much that thought has really run through his mind, outside of dumbass just asking it.

:facepalm:

Totally agree.  I was posting more from the standpoint of with the way he answered it, he really opened himself up for major slammage if/when he bolts.  He was NO WAY...NO WAY!!!!

But, the rest of his interview....damn, I like this guy.  And he's been dipping it in a smoking hawt wife. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
He's gonna leave as soon as Bill Battles done calls, donchu thank PAAAAAAAAWWWWL?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
And he's been dipping it in a smoking hawt wife.
I have been too. I just hope my neighbor or wife don't find out about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
I have been too. I just hope my neighbor or wife don't find out about it.

Give Tappy five
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
He's gonna leave as soon as Bill Battles done calls, donchu thank PAAAAAAAAWWWWL?
I'm listening to the Podcast of yesterday's PAAAWWWWWLLL show.

He repeated that over and over. The ONLY reason we got him is because Battle didn't take him. Had Battle fired Grant, it would be 100% Pearl to Bama. Auburn would have stood zero chance. Alabama has tr'dition, Auburn don't. He posed the leading question to every ESPN guy that called in as a guest. "Yeah, but if Alabama had have fired Grant, he'd be coaching at Bama today, wouldn't you say"?

:fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
Jim from Tuscaloosa, Legend and other sidewalk Gumps announced they're jumping ship. THEY said the Tide has turned and the premiere athletic organization in the state is at Auburn. They, being fairweather hicks as it is, were speaking as if they were already Auburn fans, and definitely will be should the trend continue.

Pretty funny if it weren't so sad. I think it's obvious that an influx of inbred bandwagoners is not exactly what we want...or do we?

Bare with me. Finebaum plays to his base. His allegiance is ratings-deep. If his mouth-breathing callers start becoming Auburn fans, does he start spinning shit in our favor? Does he start making mountains of Bama's molehills? Does he start ignoring anything that could be perceived as negative to Auburn? Does he perpetrate that bias on College Game Day every football Saturday?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »
I'm embarrassed enough that Tammy and Charles claim to be Auburn fans.  Hell, I'll switch to Ole Miss if Legend and Jim from Tuxkaloser jump on board. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
Jim from Tuscaloosa, Legend and other sidewalk Gumps announced they're jumping ship. THEY said the Tide has turned and the premiere athletic organization in the state is at Auburn. They, being fairweather hicks as it is, were speaking as if they were already Auburn fans, and definitely will be should the trend continue.

Pretty funny if it weren't so sad. I think it's obvious that an influx of inbred bandwagoners is not exactly what we want...or do we?

Bare with me. Finebaum plays to his base. His allegiance is ratings-deep. If his mouth-breathing callers start becoming Auburn fans, does he start spinning shoot in our favor? Does he start making mountains of Bama's molehills? Does he start ignoring anything that could be perceived as negative to Auburn? Does he perpetrate that bias on College Game Day every football Saturday?
You ask too many questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
He was just on PF and wow, I'm sold.  One thing he said when asked point blank by Paawwwl if he would bolt for a better job as soon as he had some success.  He said "No way...no way.  I'm 54 and have a chance to build a legacy.  I was not leaving Tennessee and plan on building things at AU". 

He admitted the roster right now is "Challenged".  Special was more my thought.

Team parking?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2014, 06:56:09 PM »

Bare with me. Finebaum plays to his base. His allegiance is ratings-deep. If his mouth-breathing callers start becoming Auburn fans, does he start spinning shit in our favor? Does he start making mountains of Bama's molehills? Does he start ignoring anything that could be perceived as negative to Auburn? Does he perpetrate that bias on College Game Day every football Saturday?

No.  As evidenced by the years 2000-2007, he will not spin things in Auburn's favor.

But his show will take a different turn.  He will hate on Alabama some, but not in an attackful way.  It will be more of a "Alabama should be great, but here's why they're not.  Let's make sure we point out what Alabama's doing wrong so that everyone knows how to fix it." 

Auburn's the opposite.  Auburn shouldn't be as good as they are, but they're lucky they have (Tuberville, Cam Newton, Malzahn, Pearl, etc).  Auburn's administration and program is corrupt and inept.  Just like at these examples....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
THIS is what we're paying for.

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/03/bruce_pearl_putting_auburn_thr.html#incart_river
Bruce Pearl putting Auburn through early-morning workouts, doling out discipline in first week

Brandon Marcello
on March 24, 2014 at 6:33 PM

AUBURN, Alabama -- Bruce Pearl is not sure which corner it is, but he definitely knows point guard Malcolm Canada puked somewhere.

The newly-hired Auburn basketball coach is putting his players through the grinder during his second week on the job. Early-morning workouts will be the norm in the offseason, he said, and there's a hard line for his players to obey as well.

Punishment will be handed out for those who disobey. Just ask freshman point guard Malcolm Canada, who did not communicate with the new coaching staff about his plans to miss the team's first meeting.

"He had talked to the coaching staff prior and we had a great visit and he ran until he puked the first day he was back," Pearl said Monday. "I’m not sure what corner he puked in but I think it was that far right-hand corner and he was good with it. He understood that’s what he had to do, so he handled it well and we handled it well. You know school starts, you've got to come back to class."

The Tigers conducted a workout at 5:45 a.m. on Friday and again on Monday. Pearl plans to do early-morning workouts once every week.

"The confidence that comes from that, knowing that the other guys in the league are in bed right now and this is what we’re trying to do," Pearl said. "Those have been the primary things as far as the players are concerned."

No players have left the team since Tony Barbee was fired March 16. The Tigers have two spots open on their roster and have reportedly offered power forward Jackson Davis out of Kentucky a scholarship.

Auburn returns its second-leading scorer in KT Harrell from last season and a young roster that produced only 11 points per game off the bench. Pearl reference Dayton coach Archie Miller, who turned his 13-18 squad around and into a Sweet 16 team with strenuous offseason workouts.

Pearl was hired Tuesday and stayed in town for two days before traveling to ESPN's headquarters in Bristol, Conn., to fulfill his final weekend as an NCAA tournament analyst for the network.

"We met as a team initially, and then starting at 5:45 the first morning, we met individually and those were really good because I got a chance to get to know them a little bit and find out what they were thinking about," Pearl said. "Some really good kids, we’ve got good kids in the program."

Assistant coaches Tony Jones and Steven Pearl are on the road recruiting this week. Bruce Pearl will stay in town evaluating his current roster while also looking through candidates to join his staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
HELL YEAH!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
HELL YEAH!

Agreed.  Loving the Pearl hire.

I'll admit that I thought his antics were over the top at UT, but you can't argue with his results.  I guess it's like Trooper Taylor: he's our chucklehead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
Agreed.  Loving the Pearl hire.

I'll admit that I thought his antics were over the top at UT, but you can't argue with his results.  I guess it's like Trooper Taylor: he's our chucklehead.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2014, 05:51:37 PM »

Only one reason to have a small towel at  your work desk. :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'