AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
So...Can We Hire This Guy Plz?
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/sports/ncaabasketball/mens-roundup.html?_r=0
Wichita State Wraps Up Regular Season a Perfect 31-0

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSMARCH 1, 2014

The chant started when Ron Baker walked toward the Wichita State bench for the final time, and it reached a crescendo when he popped the front of his jersey — No. 31.

As in 31-0. A perfect regular season.

“Undefeated!” the capacity crowd roared in unison. “Undefeated!”

Baker finished with 13 points, Cleanthony Early led the way with 19, and the second-ranked Shockers rolled to a 68-45 victory over visiting Missouri State on Saturday, becoming the first team since St. Joseph’s in 2004 to enter its conference tournament unbeaten.

Wichita State, which went 18-0 in the Missouri Valley Conference, will have a first-round bye in the conference tournament next week.

“My teammates told me a couple weeks ago that my number was something special because that’s how many games we could potentially win,” Baker said. “I didn’t put that together myself, but it’s very special. It’s going to be something I look back on forever.”

Missouri State (19-11, 9-9) had the Shockers in trouble when they met Jan. 11 in Springfield, Mo., but the Bears blew a 19-point, second-half lead and ultimately lost, 72-69, in overtime.

They never came close to making it a game Saturday, trailing by double digits in the opening minutes and rarely trimming the gap to fewer than 20 points in the second half.

The result is the best start since Nevada-Las Vegas began 34-0 and lost in the 1991 national title game. Wichita State is also off to the best start by a Missouri Valley team since Indiana State, led by Larry Bird, won its first 33 games and fell to Michigan State in the 1979 title game.

The Shockers’ last loss came in the Final Four, too — to last year’s eventual champion, Louisville.

“It seems like the season started about three weeks ago as opposed to months ago,” Shockers Coach Gregg Marshall said. “It’s been incredible. They’ve met every challenge.”

Jarmar Gulley had 15 points to lead Missouri State, which lost its 10th straight against a ranked team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: So...Can We Hire This Guy Plz?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
Shhhhh.

We're not allowed to buy players. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:02:46 PM »
My opinion...

For the major sports in either professional or amateur levels...basketball lends itself (a greater %) to the player not the coach in making a successful team.   

Put that coarch on our team right now...we still wouldn't make the dance much less the NIT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
My opinion...

For the major sports in either professional or amateur levels...basketball lends itself (a greater %) to the player not the coach in making a successful team.   

Put that coarch on our team right now...we still wouldn't make the dance much less the NIT.

I've heard it's hard to dance in Under Armour shoes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
He's making $1.7M and has turned down better programs than AU.

Would love him or Smart...but they ain't coming.  We're fooked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
My opinion...

Werd.  It's about the players more than anything else and we just don't have...and haven't had legit D1 players for a long, long time.  When Lebo came in, the exit door opened and it's been wide open since. Chris Denson could play well for a lot of teams across the country.  That's the full extent of talent on this team.  KT Harrell is average at best.  Sim Sam Timshadshadeen shows flashes but he's 5'1" 117. 

We simply have to find a way to get players into this program.  Have no idea why that's been so hard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
Werd.  It's about the players more than anything else and we just don't have...and haven't had legit D1 players for a long, long time.  When Lebo came in, the exit door opened and it's been wide open since. Chris Denson could play well for a lot of teams across the country.  That's the full extent of talent on this team.  KT Harrell is average at best.  Sim Sam Timshadshadeen shows flashes but he's 5'1" 117. 

We simply have to find a way to get players into this program.  Have no idea why that's been so hard

We need guys like Greg Robinson to pull double duty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »

Smart is at Texas...CAn't believe we hired Gus Malzahn...wait
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »

Was about to say. I'm not sure were a step up from Wich State. I know were not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »

were so!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

Damn...not even in teh beisbols.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
Pretty sure that Ben Howland is unemployed.  Just sayin......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »
Pretty sure that Ben Howland is unemployed.  Just sayin......
And so is Bruce Pearl. Although Werd on da skreeets is that Tenn is seriously considering bringing him back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
And so is Bruce Pearl. Although Werd on da skreeets is that Tenn is seriously considering bringing him back.

That would be a good move IMO.  Dude made a mistake and in the grand scheme of things, a minor one at that. Correct me if I'm right but wasn't the whole thing with him not being trooful with the NCAA/Administration...whoever? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 01:57:57 PM »
That would be a good move IMO.  Dude made a mistake and in the grand scheme of things, a minor one at that. Correct me if I'm right but wasn't the whole thing with him not being trooful with the NCAA/Administration...whoever?
Yep. Lied to them. They didn't consider it minor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »

Doesn't he have a show cause that isn't up yet or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan