Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why not just put everybody up on stage, Gene!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Why not just put everybody up on stage, Gene!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »
KISS having issues:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/kiss-says-won-39-t-play-rock-hof-162847320.html

Looks pretty petty.  Disappointed and disappointing.  For a band that claims it's all for the fans, this public spat seems to be very self-centered. Gene and Paul (Paul more than any) deserve all the credit in the world for keeping the band together through defections, bad choices, changing eras, poor personnel decisions, questionable marketing schemes and a variety of distractions -- from Gene's dalliances with Cher to his ham-handed acting efforts to Peter and Ace's personally destructive efforts.

There are many times where the band seemed at odds with what people expected of it. The Elder anyone? It feuded in public and it's members have, at times, behaved like jilted spouses rather than professionals.

There have been missteps and this is a big one. The people who steadfastly pounded the drum for inclusion in the Hall generally wanted to see these allegedly grown men put away their grudges for one night and celebrate their history and legitimacy.

Gene and Paul feel like Ace and Pete are dick riders now though. They feel an obligation to the current lineup because tommy and Eric have been in the band longer than ace and Pete were. But in terms of contribution to the legacy that qualifies KISS for the Hall neither is a major part. Eric was a part of Revenge which is good but not what you'd consider part of the defining catalog. Tommy contributes nothing to that. For what it's worth Vinnie added more to the KISS legacy with his work on a Lick it Up.  Bruce Kulick even more than that.

There wouldn't be a Hall induction without ace, peter, Eric Carr, Vinnie and Bruce.

So I understand why Ace says it would be silly for him to plan to appear to play in makeup if Tommy is going to. If that's what he truly wanted to do, though, he should have known the size of gene and Paul's egos and let them come to that decision on their own.

I had already booked reservations for New York and was gonna attend. Won't now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Why not just put everybody up on stage, Gene!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
The Elder anyone?

You shut your dirty whorish mouth.  I love that album. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."